Sign in to follow this  
bech312

Where can i get Omega buckle or clasp?

bech312

Hello.

Is there a place where i can get a Omega buckle or a deployment clasp for my leather strap?

Hope somebody can help me.

BadPickle

:facepalm:

Deployment!! :lmao: where is Dalboy ???

Gazzla

At least he's not after a 'claps' . .

:lmao:

BadPickle

Yet!!

:lmao2:

narikaa

size?

DR3M3L
size?

How many claps do you have?

:claps:

xenic

Are you looking for a rep or gen?

bech312

size?

SS. 20mm strap.

A rep. I'm pretty sure i know where to get a gen.

I don't know what you're laughing at. English is not my everyday language.

Edited by bech312

narikaa

size?

SS. 20mm strap.

So 18mm at the clasp?

PhillyRock

I got the Claps once!

My balls itched for two weeks.

Glad they make a cream for it.

bech312

size?

SS. 20mm strap.

So 18mm at the clasp?

I'm not sure. But it has to fit a 20mm strap like this cn05gm.jpg

narikaa

PM/email me a shipping address and I'll fire a couple in the post to you

;)

Simms

size?

SS. 20mm strap.

A rep. I'm pretty sure i know where to get a gen.

I don't know what you're laughing at. English is not my everyday language.

It's a long story but a post was started a few days ago outling the proper terminology for those clasps. Deployment is a military term, whereas Deployent (I believe) is the proper terminology for these straps. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. No big deal really, many people call these clasps deployment anyways. Glad you found what you were looking for!

Gazzla

It's a long story but a post was started a few days ago outling the proper terminology for those clasps. Deployment is a military term, whereas Deployent (I believe) is the proper terminology for these straps. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. No big deal really, many people call these clasps deployment anyways. Glad you found what you were looking for!

Deployant . . . :giggle:

Simms

All right, because I sometimes get anal when it comes to such details, I did a little research on this subject.

Deployant clasp is correct...so is Deployment clasp though and or buckle.

Check it out

http://www.jewels-gems-clocks-watches.com/gemdict_en/index.php?le=D&la=E&entry=112308

So don't be embarrassed to use Deployment when referring to your watch strap!!! Lol, I'm glad that's all cleared up I can finally get back to work

bech312

All right, because I sometimes get anal when it comes to such details, I did a little research on this subject.

Check it out

http://www.jewels-ge...=E&entry=112308

So don't be embarrassed to use Deployment when referring to your watch strap!!! Lol, I'm glad that's all cleared up I can finally get back to work

:thumbsup: Nice research.

DMC1974

PM/email me a shipping address and I'll fire a couple in the post to you

Reg, do you have stock of Omega buckles, or are these deployant clasps you have?

Edited by DMC1974

JSJ

Check it out

Err... yeah, it's on the internet so it's definitely correct. :giggle:

Simms

Check it out

Err... yeah, it's on the internet so it's definitely correct. :giggle:

I haven't really had time to delve into this subject in any real deapth seeing as how I'm technically working right now. The brief moments I have had to surf the sometimes unreliable "net" I found a few tidbits of information. I'm not trying to prove anything right or wrong, I just found it an interesting topic of conversation. There seems to be a lot of confusion on the proper terminology.

For example, if you go to Movados official website you will see that they use the term Deployment straps and clasps. If you look at Hublot's official site they use Deployant strap and clasp. Now I haven't actually gone through every one of their watch listings and verified that they list all these types of clasps in these ways, just that they have watches listed with the use of this terminology. This jewelers dictionary confirms these points.

Furthermore, if you check out dictionary.com and type in the word Deployant, the word doesn't exist. Deployment on the other hand is listed as a military term (which everyone knows).

All this rant to basically say nothing! Lol...but really if you have information proving otherwise I'd be glad to hear it because it would be nice to put this to rest once and for all. I'm still quite the noob and this subject has probably been broached before and clarified.

Sam Circus

Windows 7 deployment through SCCM in IT

JSJ

It's French. That's why it's not in English dictionaries. It's actually déployant.

It's the present participle of déployer which, you'll never guess, means ' to deploy'. In this case it's being used as an adjective, which will translate as 'deploying'. Kind of makes sense, n'est ce pas? Deploying clasp?

Don't forget though, my post is on the internet and is therefore most likely complete bollocks.

Simms
It's French. That's why it's not in English dictionaries. It's actually déployant.

It's the present participle of déployer which, you'll never guess, means ' to deploy'. In this case it's being used as an adjective, which will translate as 'deploying'. Kind of makes sense, n'est ce pas? Deploying clasp?

Don't forget though, my post is on the internet and is therefore most likely complete bollocks.

The French angle! Shame on me, I should of thought of that considering that I live in Montreal. So essentially it's the same word. Thanks for shedding some light on the subject...and I'll take a leap of faith on your research even though it's on the ole intranet.

GenTLe

Look for linamarket on ebay