Sign in to follow this  
Cobra GT

My First Attempt at Review/ Transaction

Cobra GT

My First Replica Watches and Transaction/Review, (I think)

Here is my attempt of my first review of my first replica watch in the replica seen on the boards. Let me give you a little back ground on how I got started in this venture. I will try to keep it short and not ramble on so here it goes. I have always been into time pieces ever since a good buddy showed up in high school with a genuine Submariner. It was 1978 and we were freshmen in high school, when I saw that watch I new I had to have one sooner or later. Through out the year he would bring the sales paper to school and show us how his watch had gone up another $50 from Housman’s Jeweler a prominent Rolex authorized dealer in the New Orleans area who is no longer in business. I think his dad bought the watch for in the neighborhood of $300 new. Any way I never did get one in that day and age. About in the late 80’s I had money and almost financed one for about $1200 and for some reason I passed on it, shit shit again. Up until this time I was a Timex man and bought one every year or so because I am very hard on equipment and they did not last. My Timex’s “took a licken quit tickenâ€. I also tried a couple other brands with the same results. Around the early 90’s me and my wife bought ourselves a set of Eddie Bauer watches, it was the best watch I had ever bought and had ever wore. I think it was a little over $100 and, not sure but I think it was made by Fossil back then. That watch took everything I threw at it; I am a concrete contractor and pour concrete for a living and it took that abuse and more. It was a quartz watch and I changed the battery probably two or three times with no problems. Then during Katrina some how the crystal broke and I was devastated, I loved that watch and did not have the money to replace it so I opted for a Ford Cobra watch as I was selling Cars at the Ford dealership when I was relocated in Natchez Ms. I don’t know who made it but it was a heavy and a pretty quartz. That is a whole other story in itself. Now to the present, my wife’s birthday rolled around in September and she wanted a new watch. A Fossil was what she wanted so I went to Fossil in the mall and got her a new watch. I looked for something for me and nothing in there line up appealed to me. The wheels are turning now; I hit the internet and came across WOW, Invicta central. My wife and I always said we were getting Rolex’s when we hit the Powerball or some shit like that, so we both have wanted one for about 20+ years. She said she did not care as long as it says Rolex, it was on. So guess what my next Google was, Rolex knock offs and BAM. I had no idea of the world out there with the reps seen. 20 years ago I saw a Rolex rep from a mob buddy of mine and it was cheap and looked cheap, felt cheap. Back to present, I found a site, I ordered her a gold Datejust (President) w/ diamond bezel and looked at sites all night and by morning I had ordered me a sub. She just got a new watch so I need one too. I was able to contact the dealer that morning, (by the way this dealer is not a “Trusted Dealer on any of the forums I am currently listing this transaction) by phone and have them shipped together, saved on shipping and joined his VIP Club for $120. With the ladies listing for $149.95, the sub listing $139.95 and the $120 for the VIP to get 20% off I was on a roll, I thought. My total purchase was $380 with shipping and tracking number, I guess not to bad for my first deal IMO. I am not going to name this dealer first of all he is not a trusted dealer and second I don’t want the people who read this post to run to his site and spend money when we have trusted dealers who support the site. If you want to know who this dealer is PM and I will give you the site but at your own risk. The watches arrived in 5 days from the date shipped, pretty accurate for coming from overseas as his website stated, 5-7 days from shipping date. This is his quality control statement on his website, and another statement in his Rolex section.

“Our Goal is to ship you the Best Quality Watch Available in the Fastest Time Possible - Once your watch is completed we will run a Complete Test on the watch and check the quality. If your watch does not pass our inspection, we will have the watch made again until we are 100% happy with the product. This may cause a few days delay in shipping your watch to you but you can be sure when its sent, it will be rightâ€

“We offer the Very Best in Quality Rolex Replicas - We don't Sell Junk - Every watch is handmade and tested by us. We do not Dropship Watches like most other sites. We can make all styles of Rolex Watches, if you do not see the style your looking for, let us know and we will make it for youâ€

Below is the advertisement for the Submariner watch I ordered on this site. I was not able to post his picture as it was protected.

ROLEX SS / BLACK FACE SUBMARINER

#16610hq

"High Quality"

40mm

Beautiful COPY

YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER QUALITY WATCH FOR THIS PRICE

This Replica features a solid stainless steel case and band. It has the look, feel, weight, sweep and measure almost exactly to that of the original. Fully automatic self winding smooth movement, o'ring, Real Sapphire Crystal, detailed markings, closed 6 & 9's, High Quality band with screws (not pins) in the links for adjusting the band, SOLID END LINKS on the band, Serial Number between the lugs, 316L Grade Stainless Steel. Features the NEW Ming Zhou Movement that many sellers are telling their customers, it's Swiss. It winds like a Swiss and the date sets like a Swiss but it's not!

This SAME EXACT WATCH is being sold for $350 - $850 + on many sites and auctions

We use the best parts available, you can not buy a better quality replica unless you do Swiss Grade. There is no Higher Quality parts available !

NOTE: The best replicas are made with 316L quality steel. Rolex is the only company that uses 904L steel , 316L (one reason why they are so expensive). Replicas are not made with 440 steel, either. Usually a lessor grade SS is used on Rolex Replicas ... where the other sites say 440 or 904L, its a total lie!

Price: $139.95

Bezel Upgrade

Ceramic Bezel add $20.00

When I received the watch the first thing I noticed was a clump of dirt or some other material caked in the clasp, I scraped it with a screw driver and it came right out. The second thing I discovered was that when I opened the case the case back o-ring was dry, all the gaskets were dry. So there is no way that if this site stated there watches are hand picked and are put through a quality control session that those two things were missed. There other issues that I am disappointed with, as per his description that this watch is being sold on other sites for $350 to $850 it may be but a retard can see that this is not a $139.95 watch. Just one of the other issues is no serial numbers or case numbers between the lugs as stated in his add for this watch. After emailing my concerns to the dealer I purchased from and leaving my phone number he called and is sending me another watch. I will say this about this site there customer service seems to be above par from doing research on the rep boards. I will see what he sends this time and I can’t believe he did not even ask for me to ship the watch I received back. So I guess I am getting three watches for the price of two, we will see. I will try to update this thread as I receive the third watch from him. The moral of this review for someone just getting into this is “DO NOT BE IMPATIANT LIKE I WASâ€. Do your research and order a watch from a “Trusted Dealer†from this forum or one of the other repeatable replica forums, RWG, RWI, RepGeek, you wont have to learn the hard way like me and you will be much more pleased with your watch, I am sure of it.

Now on to pictures of a few of my new watches

My first two replicas look pretty good ha, continue with pictures, oh and by the way I am not a photographer so bear with it.

watches013.jpg

Still in the bag before I cleaned it up

watches027.jpg

Ladies President, I am not to concerned with this watch, I don’t have to wear it, lol

watches030.jpg

Here is the clump of shit after the rigorous QC process, look in the top right corner in the clasp of the band Turd Ball

watches042.jpg

No case number, to keep it short there is not serial number on the other side either.

Bezel looks ok and pearl looks ok I guess, please give input here, thanks.

watches056.jpg

Another bezel pearl and bezel teeth, please comment

watches064.jpg

SEL look pretty tight to me, please comment

watches073.jpg

Other side SEL

watches072.jpg

Top side of band, SEL’s & pearl, bezel

watches074.jpg

Crown on bracelet clasp

watches078.jpg

watches080.jpg

watches082.jpg

The wrist shot cleaned up, remember back when you got your first rep, it feels pretty nice

watches084-1.jpg

Font looks pretty good on date wheel, dial’s “m†in 300m does not line up with chrono “m†and crystal engraving is loop only with my eye sight, lol

cartelsub001.jpg

In this shot looks like date number is justified to left, 20’s look better, I did not take pics of crystal height, and I guess I could try to do that if someone wants it, let me know.

cartelsub008.jpg

Here is the nice shot of the “no lume†pearl, 45 sec under incandescent light worked better under fluorescent but I’m no photographer

cartelsub024.jpg

Crown guard and crown, it got a rubber

cartelsub032.jpg

Front view of CG and crown, it’s got a rubber

cartelsub031.jpg

Top view

cartelsub030.jpg

CG crown closed

cartelsub026.jpg

Side view, from the shot it looks like there is a lip, it is deceiving

cartelsub027.jpg

To the administrators and moderators, if you want me to include the website where these watches came from I will edit the thread and ad the information. Also if you want to delete some of the pictures because it is too long feel free. I bought these watches was encouraged to list “the good the bad and the ugly†of the transaction and that was what I tried to do, I hope everyone who reads this thread enjoys it and I will update it when I receive the replacement watch from the dealer as promised and we can compare this “not so bad, not so good†$139.95 replica from a NON TRUSTED DEALER. I will say this that after sending him an email of my disappointment of the watch he called me back within five minutes and has promised to replace it and not expect to get the first one he sent me back. So we will see. Peace.

P.S. ALL CRITIQUES WELCOME ON ALL OF EFFORT, THANKS!!!!!!!

:)

mspangl

was a nice read :) //loved the wrist shot

edit: the president looks quite cheap to me

KBH

I can't tell if you got the upgraded ceramic or not. Doesn't look very shiny. The pearl sucks and the bracelet looks like the solid mid link that comes from a lot of scam sites. It makes the watch feel heavier to those who don't know any better. I have what looks like the same one, at least from the stamping. It came on a Sub case I bought cheap from somebody that paid way too much for it. :)

And what is this famous Ming Zhou movement? At least they didn't try to tell you it was Swiss or Italian.

Sorry, but I think you could have bought a better one for <$100. But at least you got something. It'll be interesting to see if they send you another one. My bet is not.

Thanks for taking the time to do the review. Either good or bad, all experiences help the rest of the members.

Tressles61

Well I'm sorry dude. I'd be pissed. For $380 bucks you should have two really nice pieces. You just have to chalk this up to experience and as they say in NY - forgetaboutit. Good news is that you found this web site and your future purchases will be much better.

Also, I remember you saying that you purchased these through a dealer called "The Watch Cartel". You should always let everyone know so they know not to go there.

gB.
I will try to keep it short and not ramble on so here it goes.

So what happened...? You didn't stick to that plan! :)

dingle
I will try to keep it short and not ramble on so here it goes.

So what happened...? You didn't stick to that plan! :bugeyes:

;)

thanks for sharing your story

dave47

Hi, Cobra!

Welcome to the Forum; here, you'll find plenty of people who will give you lots of support & assistance with any question you may have regarding reps. Many people here (and at RWI) are experts whose knowledge of reps leaves me in awe. Be comforted in know that a lot of us traveled the same route as you prior to finding these great places. For myself, I think I'm typical: bought my first rep from afineluxurytime.com (now defunct) & paid $235 for a Rolex Submariner TT; actually sent me a watch which I thought was decent looking but not worth the $$ I paid; (their customer service suddenly disappeared, never to be heard from again). Bought my second rep from globalreplica.com (now defunct) who sent me a nice looking Submariner, which was a POS mechanically. Paid $270 & never heard from them again -- despite the tons of emails, phone calls, letters, notices from the New York BBB. I elected to pay my local watchsmith/watchseller to fix it for me & did a good job. Why all this? You're not alone and have traveled a well-worn path. As I was told at RWI & here: "You're safe here."

Lastly, good work on your testimony & pics -- very informative. Good Job!!!

dave

KBH

Please. No need to copy the whole original post. We get your point.

dave47

Hey, KBH:

Sorry 'bout that. Have a tendency to write dissertations... . I'll work on that.

dave

Please. No need to copy the whole original post. We get your point.