Sign in to follow this  
toomanywatches

Part Of The Puzzle Falls Into Place???

toomanywatches

Trying to push myself and not having gotten a watchmaker's lathe yet...but with some ingenuity and using dremels as pseudo-lathe of sorts, I came up with this prototype after 2 1/2 hrs and 2 attempts. For a Molnija 3201.... Pressure Fit Tall Canon Pinion Adaptor. Part of the overall puzzle to have a future build with a three layer dial:

DSC_0143-1.jpg

DSC_0141-1-1.jpg

DSC_0142-1.jpg

DSC_0140-1-1.jpg

And assembled on the Molnija 3201:

DSC_0139-1.jpg

Still got to run this for a couple days to see if everything works long term... If there are no complications will make a Cortebert 616 version and will post a tutorial on how to make your very own Tall CP adaptors.

Thanks for reading!!

Member X

*jealous of the skills*

:lol:

scope

Very intresting DD.......... :lol:

toomanywatches

Having done 6 total prototypes, come to conclusion that making Tall CP adapters is not a viable option without use of a proper lathe... exacting precision required for minute tolerances involved with assembly. To that end have tracked down having proper ones made by a watchsmith... initial quote will be around $100. Plan to get tall CP adaptors made for a Hamilton 923 as a test run... then will progress to an order for a Molnija. Will keep you all posted once I get the work done.