Sign in to follow this  
_jonte

Help me pick a dressy watch for my dad's 60th

baruch

check out a a longe and sohne watch.

What lovely watches and great tips from you guys, thank you very much! Did not make my choice any easier though, since I love them all! :lmao: Might even get a couple of them for myself.

Personally I like the Railmaster and the Patek Philippe best. Gonna have to do some discrete research on my dad's taste... B)

And to answer to you who does not like the idea of buying a rep for a 60th... Well the thing is that my dad would not want a $2-3000 watch. He generally doesn't like that luxury thing. Guess it comes from growing up in a working family in the 50's-60's. Also the "real" present is a trip with the family. That is what will be remembered most I think. The watch is just a bonus.

Although as general I would agree that for a 60th birthday, a gen would be best suited.

Luthier

Monkey, maybe, you're rich enough to buy Patek to your kids, but then you're in the wrong forum.

Many of our guys can't afford the real thing. I, personally, have a few very, and I mean very expensive gens, but almost never wore it, and I have almost 50 great reps, and enjoy all of them.

Besides... buying Patek to a kid is stupidiest idea ever, IMHO. I can afford good gen, trust me, but my 23 y/old son really happy with replicas of AP and TAG Carrera. And it's after he destroyed at least 5-6 great reps. Why the hell I should buy him a gen??? He must earn money and buy it, if he'd want it. Period.