Sign in to follow this  
Baldrick

Who says Asian watches are poorly finished....

Baldrick

What's the beat frequency of this one :lmao:....'tis a thing of absolute beauty and far more desirable than any pedestrian Rolex B)

Luthier

Simply STUNNING!!!

How many bph, and how much this marvel cost?

Have to google it... CREDOR...

Baldrick

It's a spring drive, no comparison to 28k Swiss mov'ts, unfortunately I think it's a Petite Sonnerie rather than a Grand Sonnerie, but the tone of the striker mechanism sounds a lot sweeter to my ear than some of the Swiss Sonnerie, must be a Japanese thing, :lmao:

Luthier

Oh, my...

Only five pieces a year are being produced entirely by hand.

Baldrick

If you can't have the watch, do what I've done, it's the next best thing, I've just downlaoded the video with YT downloader, converted it to mp3, saved to my HTC phone and set it as my early morning alarm tone, the music with chime, fan-dabi-dozi :lmao:

speedzmaster

The day an Asian watch is more desirable than a Rolex, is the day that the planet is over-run by ... admin edit: Speedz: using asterisks doesn't make this any less offensive or any more acceptable. Racial slur deleted.

In other words, NEVER!

wat44

read much history speedz?

solkryssare

No one said Asian finishing was bad. Chinese finishing is bad, very bad. This is Japanese. Different worlds IMO:)

Wiz

Not exactly the same price as a Rolex :)

For that money you can buy a Portugese repetition minute, and with the spare change you can still get a datograph :)

KeNnY

do our reps also have this "bell" inside the movements ? thank you :)

theflyingdutchman

...anybody got 134K USD left for me?

wat44

Baldrick - Seiko spring drive is close to the top of wish lists for a gen

Baldrick
For that money you can buy a Portugese repetition minute, and with the spare change you can still get a datograph

Of course you can, you can buy any number of minute repeaters from Switzerland or Germany, NONE of them will be Spring Drive and none of them will sound as tonally rich as this one, JMO (BIKIR), do a little search on Youtube and or listen to some of them.

Not exactly the same price as a Rolex

It can be if you load a Rolex up with diamonds and gems, which may not be exactly a technical tour de force, but pretty and shiny enough for the magpies :)

@Speedz....of course to some people they won't be as desirable as a Rolex, that's about 90% of the great unwashed public and those people who are not recognised as horological cognoscenti, you're a quantum / particle physics / nuclear insert specialty field of choice here scientist aren't you :)

y****w s***t-e**d g***s!

is that some sort of scientific equation, hmmm, dun think so, given that this thread is about "ASIAN" watches, it would appear to me that it might contain some references to...

" admin edit, sorry - but if I'm gonna delete it from Speedz' post, I'd better delete it here too... ",

now I could be wrong and I SINCERELY hope you'll prove me so, because the consequences of you failing to do so, fills me with horror AT THE PROSPECT OF YOU BEING A BIGOTTED XENOPHOBIC RACIST AND I FOR ONE WON'T ACKNOWLEDGE ANY MORE OF YOUR POSTS, NOR GRACE YOU WITH A RESPONSE, ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING THAT YOU'D FEEL SUCH HATRED NEVER MIND USE SUCH A PHRASE ON A FORUM SUCH AS THIS, EVEN IF CRYPTIC!

Baldrick

No problem with me Greg, I only inserted it to highlight, I expected it to be deleted !

greg_r
No problem with me Greg, I only inserted it to highlight, I expected it to be deleted !

:)

Eiderdaus

beautiful watch