Sign in to follow this  
zhengyi

what if I bring my rep to AD asking for repairing

norrie

They would probably keep your watch, kick you out of the store and destroy it !!

I am not very familiar with law stuff, but is this legal? I mean, if someone hands me his/her rep, I´m pretty sure that i am not allowed to destroy it. Or am I missing something?

I know that reps are an illegal hobby and it´s not very smart to bring reps to an AD, but has an AD the legal right to destroy the watch?

Thanks in advance and keep flaming :P

What would you say to the police when you complain about them destroying it when the police would do the same?

mysterio

Depends on the watch. If you hand over a PAM111 for example, they'll get your rep, and then come back with the watch in a box with complete papers and a warranty for it. They'll probably charge you around 5000 dollars, give or take a few hundred. :)

Gazzla
2lyy5QE.gif

GoW13

They would probably keep your watch, kick you out of the store and destroy it !!

I am not very familiar with law stuff, but is this legal? I mean, if someone hands me his/her rep, I´m pretty sure that i am not allowed to destroy it. Or am I missing something?

I know that reps are an illegal hobby and it´s not very smart to bring reps to an AD, but has an AD the legal right to destroy the watch?

What would you say to the police when you complain about them destroying it when the police would do the same?

I knew this would come up... But that wasn´t the question^^

Hornet

I see that the OP has vanished.....

.....has the fucktard realised that he is one?

mysterio

So are the authorized dealers allowed by law to destroy your rep for bringing it in? Most likely not. But neither could you complain about it to the authorities. I doubt they would be sympathetic to your plight. Might even call you a numpty. :P

DR3M3L

they adjusted my bracelet on my tag heuer. So its okay. I asked how much they charge, he said 5 bucks, then i gave him my watch . The guy goes, oh its a Tag , its 10 dollars. i said okay fine, took him a bit and made my bracelet smaller.. paid him and i left the store.

You know that's just because the type of bracelet, right? Nothing brand related on pricing of a bracelet resizing......

GoW13

So are the authorized dealers allowed by law to destroy your rep for bringing it in? Most likely not. But neither could you complain about it to the authorities. I doubt they would be sympathetic to your plight. Might even call you a numpty. :P

Yeah, most likely...

But what I don´t get is that if they are legally not allowed to destroy a rep, than they are doing something illegal too: destroying my property.

Well, I better stop thinking about that and start working^^

kennycoder

For every rep you take to AD, a kitten dies. Please, think of the kittens...

Stuvetjee

What a smart question after 4 posts.....

fag.jpg

DR3M3L

Why are kittens pink?

Kemist

Why are kittens pink?

hahaha :giggle:

Chiquita Fanjita

You then walk to your used 1986 porsche and drive home.

I'd be happy with a 1986 Porsche. I believe a 1986 air-cooled 911 would be considered a classic and worth decent money.

Why are kittens pink?

Because they're soft and fluffy - just like you ;)

Nisv

They'll repair it for you and compliment you on your purchase :)

Lachsersatz

The AD would by no means destroy the rep - the AD is not a kind of "watch police", but - first of all - a dealer.

And even guys wearing reps are potential customers. Believe it or not, it is not unheard of that guys are so impressed by the general feel and design of a certain rep that they go for the "real deal" sooner or later. Of course, AD's know that.

Therefore, if you hand over your rep to the AD, they would examine it, notice it's a rep and return it to you with a phrase such as "Unfortunately, we are unable to service your watch, because it's not genuine. Someone must have deceited you, so that we kindly suggest that you try to get back your money. I know, this must be very disappointing for you. We really hope that it will turn out good and will be happy to see you again."

If you act unreasonable or like a bully: See TheInthusiest's post above.

Mystery Shopper

You will burn your retinas out.

Oh, hang on, that is the other stupid rep question. :D

Paparolf

The worlds gone mad mad mad!!!!!

greg_r
daffy-stupid.JPG

trailboss99

If it´s a stainless steel Rolex ceramic submariner, they will ask for a deposit and check the limit on Your credit card. If everything is fine, they will take it in and replace all non-genuine parts by genuine ones: caseset, dial, insert, pearl, hands, bracelet, stem, crown etc, than they will replace every single part in the movement as well like the balance wheel, parachrom bleu hairspring, rotor etc. to just throw in a new movement would be much too cheap in Your special case.

In the end they will charge Your CC with the bill for about $25.000 to $30.000 in parts and $10.000 labour.

It´s not a good deal. Just go in without a watch and buy the gen.

:rofl:

Thanks, that made my day.

fattyboy

If it´s a stainless steel Rolex ceramic submariner, they will ask for a deposit and check the limit on Your credit card. If everything is fine, they will take it in and replace all non-genuine parts by genuine ones: caseset, dial, insert, pearl, hands, bracelet, stem, crown etc, than they will replace every single part in the movement as well like the balance wheel, parachrom bleu hairspring, rotor etc. to just throw in a new movement would be much too cheap in Your special case.

In the end they will charge Your CC with the bill for about $25.000 to $30.000 in parts and $10.000 labour.

It´s not a good deal. Just go in without a watch and buy the gen.

:rofl:

Thanks, that made my day.

Hahahahaha this whole thread made mine

BC1221

i take my rolexes to the AD all the time.

buy inserts and get washers and click springs n such small parts.

he even offers to install them.

it helps that i know the guy doing the work there.

and no. they wont destroy your watch. theyll inform you that it is a counterfeit and try to talk you in to buying a gen.

destroying a counterfeit would be bad business since the person that brought it in is a potential customer that could have gotten ripped off.

this happens more than you would think.

in case you wondered.

my buddy was quite impressed with the TC. he (like most people) assume all reps are canal st junk quality. he was quite impressed that it had gen like construction and that it would take gen parts.

Bash64

Wow, this thread could not have come at a better time. I was just heading out the door to see my local AD about one of my reps. I had no idea about the ramifications of my potential actions. I've decided to leave my rep at home and as a result a kitten will see the sun rise tomorrow.

dalboy

Question is " Why would you " ?

Dal.

Hornet

Question is " Why would you " ?

Dal.

Why wouldn't you Dal......

...............if you are a fucktard asshat. :lmao:

Derek Mc

I just read the entire post purely as I knew the calibre of the answers would be worth it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I wasn't dissapointed a great read for a Friday

And to the O/P would you drive a 1982 Toyota MR2 that was fitted with a Ferrari 348 bodykit into Maranello and expect to be welcomed with open arms????? if so please upload the results onto youtube ASAP I need the humour!