Sign in to follow this  
Oguila

Andrew´s Trusty Time: paid for Swiss ETA; sent me Asian Clone.

Gazzla

When will people learn you will have more chance of shooting a baby elephant out of your arse than getting a Swiss ETA movement out of China.

Not so fast, Batman!

Omega Aqua Terra Day/Date - Gen Swiss ETA:

Bought from TT, ironically . . . :Whistle:

I will still sit on the fence on this one. If they can fake the watch they can fake a couple of ETA stamps. ETA movements are like hens teeth and even companies like Christopher Ward cannot promise ETA movements as standard and often uses SW 200.

The only way I know this is (mostly?) gen is by the way the crown operates, winds, changes the date etc. Asian clones are a bit hit and miss, this one feels like the real thing.

Ant0702

Phillyrock has this bang on; it is a lottery. I have dealt with Andrew and he was very swift on comms with me, as he was with delivery and the watches were fine. Shouldn't have called him out in open forum. Chances are that an Asian ETA is more a more cohesive and reliable movement than a partial swiss anyway. I tend to take the view that this hobby carries inherent moral conflicts which ever way we look at it. Consequently I accept that the odd deal going awry is all part of the territory and it would be a touch hypocrytical to be too delicate......Just sayin'.

digger2

I remember the days when you ordered a "swiss" for 225-250 USD and got a Sellita as a nice surprise :)

Daywatch

Really would like You to post some more pics of the watch face to see the rehaut engraving and dwo alignments. Unconfirmed rumour - and I´m a firm believer in this, at least with BP-fac - is that factories put the "best" hands, dials and most assembly effort into the so-called "swiss", so it´s not just something with the movement. You may get an equally good one with Asian eta or even Asian 21j, but the probability of having one or several "lesser" part.s imo is also much higher. This just for comfort, I normally only buy Asian ETA.

And just saw Your other post - so this does not apply to Yours. Bad luck.. let´s see what the TD will answer You but better not count on a big deal.

Oguila

Really would like You to post some more pics of the watch face to see the rehaut engraving and dwo alignments. Unconfirmed rumour - and I´m a firm believer in this, at least with BP-fac - is that factories put the "best" hands, dials and most assembly effort into the so-called "swiss", so it´s not just something with the movement. You may get an equally good one with Asian eta or even Asian 21j, but the probability of having one or several "lesser" part.s imo is also much higher. This just for comfort, I normally only buy Asian ETA.

And just saw Your other post - so this does not apply to Yours. Bad luck.. let´s see what the TD will answer You but better not count on a big deal.

more pics

IMG_05971_zps7a0aa883.jpgIMG_05981_zpsb94c0d66.jpgIMG_05991_zps72a1a109.jpgIMG_06011_zpsacfd9866.jpgIMG_06021_zpsba6f0e07.jpgIMG_06031_zpsb2ccba46.jpgIMG_06051_zpsb7494676.jpgIMG_06061_zps99869bba.jpgIMG_06071_zpsc93fe7a5.jpgIMG_06081_zps7c1ff895.jpg

Chenfox

Hi guys,

Ive been buying watches from Andrew quite a while, in the last 5 years at least 5 watches, however i always pay for swiss and i dont know if i got asian clone or real swiss, after i saw this post im a bit worry, does anyone still make real swiss or its a marketing trick to make upsale?

BC1221

When will people learn you will have more chance of shooting a baby elephant out of your arse than getting a Swiss ETA movement out of China.

Not so fast, Batman!

Omega Aqua Terra Day/Date - Gen Swiss ETA:

liIe2C8.jpg?1

dGcmSyx.jpg?1

Bought from TT, ironically . . . :Whistle:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that's not a eta movement.

The tell is the lack of Y shaped incobloc.

Mish mash if eta and Chinese parts at best.

fatarms

Agree with BC1221, I also don't see the three cutouts on the incabloc.

GenTLe

Hi guys,

Ive been buying watches from Andrew quite a while, in the last 5 years at least 5 watches, however i always pay for swiss and i dont know if i got asian clone or real swiss, after i saw this post im a bit worry, does anyone still make real swiss or its a marketing trick to make upsale?

Noob factory (which is not properly sold by Andrew) sometimes offers real Swiss Sellita in their pieces (but @180$ more than their indeed good asian Eta).

Chenfox

Thanks for the reply, what is the real url of noob factory, im afraid from fraud websites that claims they are the original

Chenfox

P.S

Andrew told me this is a miyota

db8f6ba998ff26bbea510ab015d1378a.jpg348e52888607c3b43558c834141e5071.jpg

JSJ
P.S

Looks like it is to me.

JSJ
Thanks for the reply, what is the real url of noob factory, im afraid from fraud websites that claims they are the original

No such thing as a url of the noob factory.

Chenfox

So how can i buy from noob?

Realism

enter the apartment with the sign that says "NOOB"

mysterio

You do not buy watches from noob, you buy watches made by noob. You can ask any of the TDs for them. Sometimes they release first to a particular dealer and then the rest of the dealers in a few weeks.

Escapizm

I also had same issue, attempted to resolve with Trusty before posting caveat emptor post to notify members. In his defence he takes whatever the factory's tell him and sell on, I was offered full refund for watch return (not partial! for wrong movt), just keep it and chalk it up!

Gazzla

You do not buy watches from noob, you buy watches made by noob. You can ask any of the TDs for them. Sometimes they release first to a particular dealer and then the rest of the dealers in a few weeks.

W5qHPd4.jpg

Genius

OP.... enjoy your watch, do some more reading then make a more informed purchase for your next watch.

Remember the TDs with websites don't only sell to forum members and they have to compete with the not so trustworthy dealers in an open marketplace outside the forums so will use the same marketing BS all over their websites as everyone else 1:1, real swiss, AAA+ etc. if you read enough on the forum you learn to see through all the BS and know what to look for. So go away and do some reading....

But most importantly enjoy the watch you have just received it looks nice to me....

GenTLe
P.S

Looks like it is to me.

I confirm, that's a Miyota.

Oguila

Some Trusted Dealers (TD) sell noobfactory watches. They usually describe their reps in their sites as "noob Rolex sub..."

Try Torobravos and kuvarsit. Find them in TD list at main menu.

kw2310

I mmade large purchase from TT like 2k plus (5 "ultimate" "perfect" watches) and even asked during approval process if they had rehaust engraved...the response... yes. And then I received them and I got was junk.

He replaced one after 6 emails complaining.

I now spend double that amount every month because I just love the watches and my collection is just huge..oh yeah..TT doesn't see ANY of that business.

My dealer is not on this forum though and I'm SO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy I don't have to deal with TT attitude and stab me the back attitude.

DR3M3L

I mmade large purchase from TT like 2k plus (5 "ultimate" "perfect" watches) and even asked during approval process if they had rehaust engraved...the response... yes. And then I received them and I got was junk.

He replaced one after 6 emails complaining.

I now spend double that amount every month because I just love the watches and my collection is just huge..oh yeah..TT doesn't see ANY of that business.

My dealer is not on this forum though and I'm SO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy I don't have to deal with TT attitude and stab me the back attitude.

Why do you need to buy 5 at the same time? :popcorn: At $400 each you won't get junk, you just proved us to have done exactly ZERO reading about the watches you where going to buy before ordering.

Lagger

Sock

jiataowill

Well, sorry to hear this, I v been buying from Andrew for a while, never had a problem. Contact him and see if he could send you a replacement.