Sign in to follow this  
dave47

Good Buys From WatchEden.com

dave47

Greetings, all!

I just completed two (2) transactions with WatchEden.com. I'm pleased to say that Emily has done a fine job with the quality of the transactions and the quality of the watches. The watches are a Rolex Submariner TT with gray dial and an Omega Speedmaster Chronol with white dial. Both of these watches were their specials so I knew what I could expect.

The separate shipments were very quick: both watches arrived at my doorstep in nine (9) days, and both watches were well-packed for the shipment. Physically/mechanically, the watches are very pleasing to the eye, have a nice weight to them, and keep great time. For the specials they are, they're a bargain. I'm very pleased with the quality of the watches and the speedy service.

I'm sharing this with you all because WatchEden apparantly had some problems before and is/was featured on RWI; and I believe they've been given a reprieve as well (I believe Trailboss would know more about this than I do). I'm just offering my experiences with them to offer something positive about them & ask the Forum, the moderators, and members to give them another chance. (No, this is not a paid endorsement, just my opinion.) If others disagree, that's ok with me; sometimes problems arise, but Emily does seem to be making an effort. If I made any errors here, they were unintentional.

Thanks for reading!

dave

gB.

Um... pics or it never happened! :rofl:

;)

KBH

WatchEden has been discussed on a regular basis by the Mods and Admin. It's an ongoing review but at the moment they really don't bring anything to the table that our other dealers can't match.

But thanks for the feedback and I'm sure Greg_r and Trailboss and the other Mods will keep your review in mind.

Baldrick
WatchEden has been discussed on a regular basis by the Mods and Admin. It's an ongoing review but at the moment they really don't bring anything to the table that our other dealers can't match.

But thanks for the feedback and I'm sure Greg_r and Trailboss and the other Mods will keep your review in mind.

+1000

There's no need for any additional dealers here, the membership are very well served by the dealers already here, bringing in a new dealer would IMO just be a betrayal of existing dealers who have already proven themselves both in trems of pricing and QC, price wars lead to a dissolution of standards, unless someone is bringing something different to the table, no need JMO (BIKIR) :ttiwwop:

tick tock

+1000

There's no need for any additional dealers here, the membership are very well served by the dealers already here, bringing in a new dealer would IMO just be a betrayal of existing dealers who have already proven themselves both in trems of pricing and QC, price wars lead to a dissolution of standards, unless someone is bringing something different to the table, no need JMO (BIKIR) :ttiwwop:

Well said.

Congrats Dave on your successful transactions. Enjoy your new watches.

Waipio Jeff

Not a fan of WE. I bought a couple of watches there last year and they are cheap, as in inexpensive, but also as in junk. I had to send 2 watches back and one of them needed to go back a second time before I told them to pound sand.

dave47

Hey, GBOGH!

You're absolutely right. I will admit, though, that I'm a computer Neanderthal when it comes to learning how to post pics in these posts, but I'm trying... . I'll post the pics when I figure out this stuff!!! (and, yes, I've read all the threads about how to post pics, but too often they're written on the assumption one is very computer literate!!)

dave

Um... pics or it never happened! :notworthy:

:notworthy:

trailboss99

As Balders said, they would have to be something different or special to bring another dealer here.

We may be interested in another EU based dealer for example, or someone who can source parts

or has access to hard to get watches and items but we don't need any more main stream dealers.

When we began Greg and my self decided to keep our dealer pool small and only pick the best of

the bunch. That is what we have done and we intend to keep things that way. Any dealer at RWI

is considered trusted here by default and visa versa so in theory they are on the list anyway.

Col.

dave47

...thanks, Tick Tock, for the compliments. I WILL try to post pics; but as I noted before, it's quite the challenge for the caveman!!

dave

+1000

There's no need for any additional dealers here, the membership are very well served by the dealers already here, bringing in a new dealer would IMO just be a betrayal of existing dealers who have already proven themselves both in trems of pricing and QC, price wars lead to a dissolution of standards, unless someone is bringing something different to the table, no need JMO (BIKIR) :(

Well said.

Congrats Dave on your successful transactions. Enjoy your new watches.

dave47

Col:

Thanks for the clarification. I learn things all the time... .

dave

As Balders said, they would have to be something different or special to bring another dealer here.

We may be interested in another EU based dealer for example, or someone who can source parts

or has access to hard to get watches and items but we don't need any more main stream dealers.

When we began Greg and my self decided to keep our dealer pool small and only pick the best of

the bunch. That is what we have done and we intend to keep things that way. Any dealer at RWI

is considered trusted here by default and visa versa so in theory they are on the list anyway.

Col.

mbjoer

One thing they do provide is a very comprehensive website, especially for less expensive watches.

greg_r
One thing they do provide is a very comprehensive website, especially for less expensive watches.

Yes, although sadly a lot of those cheap watches are junk that you'd normally only find on Canal St...

You need to be a little cautious with WE - just be sure that a: you know exactly what you're ordering and b: that you get what you've ordered - they're a little too fond of replacing with a 'similar' model for my tastes. They'll always sort it out if there's a problem and they're fine to deal with these days but they don't pay quite enough attention at the initial stages imho... Nitpicky stuff, most of it, but I think there are better website-based dealers.

That's why they're not here - as Col says, anybody trusted at RWI is automatically trusted here, but we took the decision to be that bit pickier than the other boards - we only invite a dealer if we think they are the best in their particular field. Honestly, I believe Timesshop is a better dealer than WatchEden in almost every way whilst still offering a large website with a wider range of watches than most.

Conex

I'd rather just stick to using the dealers on here. Why go elsewhere??!! But fair enough on the review.

Aren
I'd rather just stick to using the dealers on here. Why go elsewhere??!! But fair enough on the review.

+1 Conan....IMHO...why go off the reservation when there are tried and true trusted dealers available here and adm and mods to assist if something goes amiss.

:rofl:

Vector

keep getting an error when pasting the link :lol:

Panerai Radiomir Mare Nostrum Chronograph Lemania Movement PVD Case with Black Dial-Green Nylon Strap

ahem .... its one of those !! :paddy_beer:

Edited by w4rdee

KBH
was just having a nosey out of curiosity and found this

http://www.watcheden.com/panerai-radiomir-...-66447-p-1.html

$108 with that movement ....... surely not . Discuss !

I don't know enough about it to make much of a judgment but remember, it's not a real Lemania. It's an ST-19 made by Seagull. Also, that nylon strap's probably worth about fifty cents.

It's pretty sad that the chrono second hand is pointing at 59 instead of straight up. They should check their advertising photos a little closer.

Vector

It's pretty sad that the chrono second hand is pointing at 59 instead of straight up. They should check their advertising photos a little closer.

Good spot on the chrono hand .... my big green Parnis has an out of kilter chrono hand and it bugs the hell out of me !!

jojo8989

dont you just have to reset it with the chrono pushers to fix?

KBH

Nope, if it resets wrong you have to take the hand off and reset it. On a quartz you can change it manually with the pushers.

jojo8989

Nope, if it resets wrong you have to take the hand off and reset it. On a quartz you can change it manually with the pushers.

Ah thats right

greg_r

Either they've given the wrong price or, more likely, they've pasted the wrong description. The 'lemania' version of that watch is well over $200. My guess is that's the quartz version.

Vector

Either they've given the wrong price or, more likely, they've pasted the wrong description. The 'lemania' version of that watch is well over $200. My guess is that's the quartz version.

Too good to be true ...... i really need a watch with a lemenia movement in my life at some point :)

mbjoer

Yes, although sadly a lot of those cheap watches are junk that you'd normally only find on Canal St...

You need to be a little cautious with WE - just be sure that a: you know exactly what you're ordering and b: that you get what you've ordered - they're a little too fond of replacing with a 'similar' model for my tastes. They'll always sort it out if there's a problem and they're fine to deal with these days but they don't pay quite enough attention at the initial stages imho... Nitpicky stuff, most of it, but I think there are better website-based dealers.

That's why they're not here - as Col says, anybody trusted at RWI is automatically trusted here, but we took the decision to be that bit pickier than the other boards - we only invite a dealer if we think they are the best in their particular field. Honestly, I believe Timesshop is a better dealer than WatchEden in almost every way whilst still offering a large website with a wider range of watches than most.

Mark may be a better dealer than WE. I have not dealt with either for some time, so cannot provide recent and relevant input on that.

However the timesshop website is a pain to navigate whereas WE works really well.

Also a surprising no of watches are not shown on the other site. So if you really have time to look around it is well worth it looking at both. If not I would stick to the WE site.

Edited by mbjoer

jojo8989

That is for sure, the WE site is really accessible