Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

What's your 'Daily Beater'?

Yelow69

The more wear the better

815E1E03-458A-4ED2-AC74-FDDEF640D94D_zpsezoeb666.jpg

ImNotFatImFluffy

Currently its a fantasy 43mm submariner 21j, if a few things were fixed I would probably pay more for one with a clone ETA, nobody so far seems to know its oversized just by sight, and I keep being asked if its real, goes to show that nobody is quite as picky or detail oriented as us, sure it won't fool experts (I don't need it to though), but for $120 new its not bad (even better it was m2m for $90 I think), I have a noob planet ocean 45mm Orange bezel coming eventually and I may wear it on days when I know it can stay on my wrist (at work certain areas don't let you wear jewelry and watches) and not in my pocket.

N.Rico

I don't have one,

I try to wear a different one every day , and also depends on the shoes I will wear

Mr Happy

Mostly I wear this if I'm going to get dirty at home or ride my bike, it's a 21j cheapie.

eb072df6-307f-443a-ad05-98dcd48378f0_zps43add842.jpg

Most of my work is done from my home office so anything goes ;)

cogwatch

4bbf318b22e90ef429c31e5738c5d2e7.jpg

Fucker!! :lol:

Boycie

Most of the time its my JLC NSD.........

imagejpg1_zps068fa9e8.jpg

fatarms

20140124_201946_zpsc9f7549d.jpg

20140127_143752_zpse3458b4b.jpg

20140127_143851_zpsb4661f88.jpg

Vuralism

Until my Speedmaster Pro arrives, I've got a Citizen Eco-Drive to keep me on track ;)

xm672s.jpg

UmpaHimself

ALL OF THEM

Daywatch

Don´t have a specific beater for now, wear them according to mood and occasion and change once or twice a day. For some 2 or 3 weeks always have several favourites running on pr. Ends up with all being well cared for.

For now

5513G_2175.jpg

Before

pamegi_1709.jpg

pam386_1649.jpg

tud_0024_zps8cf69808.jpg

cogwatch
I don't have one. I have ~100 watches, and I wear a different one every day. My thought is I work 5+ days a week and 10+ hours a day. If I limited what I wear to work that would kill my wear time on all my watches.

Haha, that avatar came from a thread where I posted my collection and someone posted that pic and asked "is this you?". It was THE perfect avatar :)

Pob

My all time favorite is Steinhart OVM

e8d477a8fb441b7501bb0783979e71c6.jpg

rusky27

For when the going gets tough

540F16EF-B3A4-44F0-8375-E21B5BAA420E.jpg

This guy takes it and is only 3 sec a day out. Brilliant little beater for a highbeat 21j

Edited by rusky27

Venomous

My daily beater is my Tag Monaco at the moment, but I'm looking into buying a Skyland Avenger to replace it.

image.jpg

V

markeym3

I don't really wear a watch all the time but my goto watch when I go walking is this ,,,

20130922_160520_zps1eed2e9b.jpg

Genius

My beater is probably my most expensive watch too, a Tag Aquaracer, I have had it that long and it has taken that many knocks and scratches, then been polished and had the scratches put back in, but its a quartz movement so I know it can take the casual beats...

If I'm doing something that I think could really damage a watch I wear one of my G shocks those things are pretty much indestructible I have thrown one down as hard as I could on a concrete floor and it didn't even scratch it

greg_r

I have about 40 daily beaters...

n of 1

No specific beater, if I'm not willing to wear it I generally flip it. Have a few vintage I take some care with but in general, I'll do most anything in most any watch I'm wearing. "If your not willing to live it in, it's not really yours"

Edited by n of 1

Frankt8242

This month, this "POS" 21J "McQueen";

IMG_7707.jpg

I bought it @ 5 or 6 yrs ago MtoM, for $100., it has the ugliest rough finished 21J movement I've ever seen, :

IMG_3999.jpg

I put it on on the 1st of this month, set it, and the ugly pile of junk has gained 20 seconds so far!!....Go figure!!! :giggle: :giggle:

Edited by Frankt8242

Cannibal

As for daily beater, I don't have one.

The watch I wear swimming, cycling and for yard work is my Seiko Orange Monster. I have started using my UPO for cycling as well.

Otherwise, they all get rotated regularly. I've been wearing my IWC BP and Cousteau Chrono a lot more than others lately, however. My poor and beloved 243 has been neglected a fair bit but it's still in my top three. The Gruppo Gamma G-2L has been getting a good amount of wrist time too, lately.

BC1221

The more wear the better

815E1E03-458A-4ED2-AC74-FDDEF640D94D_zpsezoeb666.jpg

a relume and a atheya crown is a must for cartel 1680s imo.

a clark plexi sanded down helps too. the date mag on the plexi is way too high. sanding it down some makes it look much better.

i kinda miss mine. :(

MoveAlong

Seiko pepsi solar diver chrono quartz. My beater for work (hospital), washing my hands 50x a day. Indestructible!

15475072169_cbed613296_c.jpg

simey83
15462782378_6ea1297e77_c.jpg