LightGeek

Nomos Metro

Sakdds300
Kind of quirky and a decent size (37mm) for me. I like it.

http://www.nomos-glashuette.com/the-watches/metro/metro/

Nomos-Glashutte-Metro-wristshot-thumb-960xauto-22375.jpg

I am fairly new to the game, but after purchasing a few reps, I am looking to get a gen mechanical piece. I had never heard of this Nomos-Glashutte brand before and it got me thinking about what other quality gen mechanicals are out there that I have no idea about.

Would the members here be willing to drop a quick note as to other gens besides the usual (Rolex, Brietling, Tag, etc.) that might be worth exploring.

Sakdds300

Bump

GenTLe

It is plenty of microbrands out there. But very few have their own developed calibers like nomos (which has a specific self produced escapement).

Give a look, for example, to Gerlach Polish, they do very nice pieces with Seiko or Seagull movements.

wdev

Really liking the new Metro 38 Datum versions released at Baselworld. I love this brand :wub:

Nomos-metro-38-datum-stock-1-845x563.jpg

metro_38_datum_stadtschwarz_03.jpg

wdev
The one at the bottom Izzzz very niiiiiice...

I really love it... Pretty little things, all of these. I've been trying to decide which to go for, I'm probably between the bottom and top one at this point... I'll buy a rep of the other one most likely ;)

Sorry to derail! I do think this is a really exciting brand though... The quality is up there with its Swiss counterparts

Did you ever make it to buy the Ahoi Atlantik? If so, how are you liking it this far?

plankton

I'd rather have the Lambda though, but sadly out of my reasonable price range.

lambda_weissgold_tiefblau_raum01.jpg

That is $14000 plus, nice but not what I want out of a 10k watch. I love yours but 37 would be too small for me. The Zurich is close but still only 40.5. I'm loving these german watches but thinking I may need to stick with the Helber Ch-10 it will hit for 2k or less, 43mm is a nice size for me.

Jjsf8to.png

porschespeedster

i sound like a broken record around here, but why the heck won't the factories just make a closed caseback Nomos???

they exist in the wild (an open caseback/extra finishing is a 'luxury option' when ordering.)

no amount of decoration is gonna make a 21j look like a German microbrand movement...

hsmooth

I was debating between the Metro and the special edition Nomos Timeless Club... ultimately I put a deposit down for the Timeless Club.

Oh, and I ordered a Doctors without Borders Ali Express special Tangente..in transit, wonder how it'll look

wdev

Debating between the Minimatik and the Metro, automatic-no date vs handwind-date....

Wish I could get both :(

mindvision

Are we talking reps here? Can't seem to find the above mentioned reps?

mindvision

Would love to have a doctors without borders rep too!

ellistyle1

Debating between the Minimatik and the Metro, automatic-no date vs handwind-date....

Wish I could get both :(

These are not repped. Only the 38mm Tangomat is repped.

wdev

Are we talking reps here? Can't seem to find the above mentioned reps?

I was speaking of the gens. Metro is about $ 2.3k, Minimatik will land on $ 4k. Like I said, wish I had the funds to buy both. Just one will have me saving for a year ;)

Then there's the hurdle to get the wife's approval :D

Bidle

I'd rather have the Lambda though, but sadly out of my reasonable price range.

lambda_weissgold_tiefblau_raum01.jpg

That is $14000 plus, nice but not what I want out of a 10k watch. I love yours but 37 would be too small for me. The Zurich is close but still only 40.5. I'm loving these german watches but thinking I may need to stick with the Helber Ch-10 it will hit for 2k or less, 43mm is a nice size for me.

Jjsf8to.png

First time I saw this Helberg, very nice!!! Too bad it is rather big. Would love to see it in 39-40mm.

Also like Nomos a lot and still not sure what to buy. Do have an option on a limited edition of the Tangomat 38mm, but still not sure. Do have the ring of Nomos,... so the brand is at least represented in my collection. ;)

missa146

Getting a gen Metro in 2 weeks, will put photos

muzz671

Really like the new Metro!... Beautifully balanced dial...

missa146

Wow, took me a while to actually deliver on my promise, but here are the photos of the Nomos metro and some impression. 

I've owned this gen watch for 4 years now. I love it but it doesn't get as much wrist time as before. 

My daily is a gen Tudor GMT. I also wear a lot my Zelos Mako Bronze. 

It has two negatives:

1- it is not super dressy due to its lugs. I did the clean look of the dial, but the lugs are a bit ugly.

2- it doesn't have super luminova, which is a shame as I like to keep my watch while sleeping and don't like to turn on my phone to read the time. 

It terms of pros, there are quite a few:

1- the size for a 7" wrist is perfect (to my taste). It's very readable, fits under a shirt, but you can still enjoy the little pops of colour on the dial. 

2- the movement is great. I haven't serviced it since 2015 and it still performs very well (+4 sec / day). 

3- it is unique and a great conversation starter with fellow horology fans. The Nomos brand has picked up since time of the acquisition, but stayed true to the bauhaus design. While everyone is loving divers and gmt (including myself), a clean dress watch like that with quirky mint colours is a breath of fresh air (hoho). 

4- it has retained its value pretty well. I don't intend on selling it, since it has sentimental value, but it is always comforting. 

For the price ($3.800 new), there are quite a few safer alternatives. But this is a unique, quirky watch that has no real alternatives in the market. For an in house movement stylish watch, with the same craftmanship, you are probably looking at the Jaeger Lecoultre Master Control, or a Original Glashütte Sixties which are both 50% more expensive. 

missa146

My apologies... Don't know how to post a photo if not posting through Tapatalk... Feel free to delete the previous post dear moderators f73329ec8a8170ab9be8e5d9e17a37bc.jpgeb3f40903e6dbc66635c2c9594f3e993.jpgd0358f0c7e2de0ebe4c642c98a523008.jpgf646b4cfd4c42baad047b4855439dc54.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Xpletiv

Nice! Really nice!!

Just feel the back is a little bit of a let-down, though.