Sign in to follow this  
nute

Winding weight problem

nute

I have a UN rep with a display back but the winding weight has parted company from the rest of the movement. Is this -

a) something simple that i can just push back on

b) needs the loving attention of one of our expert repairers on RWG

c) its dead, bin it

If its a) can anyone give me any guidance on how it if fixed/held on the spindle. Ive not taken the back off yet but looking through the display back it seems to have just come off the winding spindle/bearing.

Thanks all

Walesy

I am not expert mate, but if it were me I would open it up and try and retrieve the screw that goes secures the rotor before it ends up in the movement. Then it can be screwed on once it is in place and lined up. Don't over tighten it as if the screw snaps...it's 99% fucked.

SSTEEL

Could you post a photo? This will help us help you on the next step. Sometimes the rotor comes away from the bearing, whilst other times the screw simply comes loose, and the whole rotor, and bearing comes off the movement.

nute

Cheers guys, I'll try taking a photo later ...

nute

IMG_3628r1_zpsfdda41c4.jpg

Movement

IMG_3626r1_zpsd708eba9.jpg

Rotor

Btw, no little screws seen rattling about in the internals when i took the back off. Could this just be a friction fit?

Never realised how bloody grubby the case was till i took the close up photos.... guess there is an advantage to having older eyes

Cheers for any help

Phizzy

How long have you had the watch? The screw will be there somewhere.

nute

I bought it M2M few months back. So its a screw fitting, ill have to take the movement out of the case and look for it.

SSTEEL

Difficult to tell from that photo, apart from the movement being very dirty, it actually looks like the screw may of snapped in that hole, but as said, hard to tell.

Walesy

Difficult to tell from that photo, apart from the movement being very dirty, it actually looks like the screw may of snapped in that hole, but as said, hard to tell.

This is why I thought when I first seen the picture mate. Defo looks like it is snapped in there.

nute

Wohooo...fixed it.

Dosent show on the photos but the inside of the hole in the middle of the rotor has a couple of very fine threads on it and the post has the same on the outside face. The middle of the rotor has a set of bearings which allows it to rotate around the inner section which has the screwdriver slots in it. Fecking bearings are tiny. The rotor simply screws into place although its hard to get it tight as the screw driver slots are so narrow. Doubtless there is some special tool for fitting it during assembly.

thanks for the help anyways !!

Walesy

excellent mate!

Irishcain

Good to hear. Wish all problems were as easily fixed.