Sign in to follow this  
auric

Hello New Member & BR question

auric

Hello All

I stumbled upon your forum yesterday and am very pleased with the volume of information it contains. As with all forums turning up new means that there is initial information overload and you run the risk of asking questions which have already been answered.

My initial foray into the world of replica watches comes from wanting an affordable platform to "get under the hood" so that in time i can service my vintage Rado watches (DiaStar 14 & NCC404) and at the same time have something that i would otherwise be unable to afford.

My first watch from this world was a $20 Chinese mechanical which i removed its dial to expose its workings

From here i had a run of poor (but thankfully refunded) purchases with a couple of Tags shipped damaged and a GMT watch that didn't enable the GMT hand to be set.

I now have a PAM292 and BR-01 and a SeaMaster Professional that i am happy with and my confidence on working on all my watches is growing.

Here lies my first question - The crown on the BR-01 rarely engages with the winding cogs whilst it is in its case. Following the strip down article on this site i have removed the movement from the case and in its exposed state the crown engages with the winding cogs perfectly. Does anyone have experience of this? or have a modification i can make to make this more reliable.

Thanks in advance