Sign in to follow this  
sunbites

Waiting game begins! Nautilus Chrono! :-)

sunbites

So after reading a ton of reviews I have purchased

http://www.trusty-wa...oducts_id=12240

from Andrew. What a great CS so far - quick replies to emails; and I have purchased a daytona before which he let me swap with no fuss and a bit of extra $$ top up.

Now I'm in a pickle about the strap....

I'm very tempted to get http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d1d509d4d

But not sure if it will 'work' with the watch aesthetically and how good quality is the clasp!

Thanks

*EDITED PICS*

So, got the watch; 2 things bother me. One - a screw is missing; two - 2 screws are 'poking' out of the side. One was loose and i was able to take it out with my hand... and it seems it's screwing in only at the end. Could current owners advise?

Jooost

I do like the nautilus range, and with a love for rose gold cases I think its a beauty!

I would wait until you get the watch to see what you want to do with the strap. Especially the price you are looking at...

"Enjoy" the wait :giggle:

sunbites

Thanks Jooost!

I have been circling a gen Aquanaut or Nautilus for a while; but I want to see how it feels first and if I'll enjoy wearing it (a gen Rolex GMT M2 and daytona hurt my wrist a lot cause of the bracelet).

Let's see what the QC pics will be like! :)

_DC_

Hey Sunbites

Great choice of watch here buddy, but with regards to the strap you can't fit a gen spec strap to this rep. Trust me, I tried, it didn't work and cost me a bomb!

I now have a custom made genuine crocodile strap courtesy of these chaps:

www.hamiltonleatherworks.com

Eric there is a great guy and does superb work, if you don't mind a few weeks wait! What he does is he uses the insert from the replica strap and makes the new strap with it, so you get a superb real crocodile strap that perfectly fits the replica!!

Here's mine:

36A9014B-0B95-4DF6-8A2C-D2B01EB9A0BB_zpsujievk3p.jpg

DC

Paparolf

Does the chrono work as it says it does, but a bit further down it says it does'ent?

Paparolf

I have just read again and now understand!!! Nice watch by the way. Brown strap with gold always looks top drawer to me.

sunbites

@DC, damn whenever I look at your gallery .... /jellyface/ What's the AP you've got there? Gold on brown again;

And which would you recommend for daily use?

Also - I see boxes and winders in your picture; where do you buy winders? I have my rolex and dont wear it every day (working from home a lot) and it's ANNOYING as hell. I want to get a winder and I think it also may help with reps; as you dont have to wind it by hand so often.... so should extend the longevity in my eyes - is that correct?

Thx!

_DC_
@DC, damn whenever I look at your gallery .... /jellyface/ What's the AP you've got there? Gold on brown again;

And which would you recommend for daily use?

Also - I see boxes and winders in your picture; where do you buy winders? I have my rolex and dont wear it every day (working from home a lot) and it's ANNOYING as hell. I want to get a winder and I think it also may help with reps; as you dont have to wind it by hand so often.... so should extend the longevity in my eyes - is that correct?

Thx!

Lol, you ask a lot of questions about a lot of watches haha!! I'll reply to you PM soon, just about to walk the dog and have something to eat!!

But in answer to your above points, the AP you see in my Photobucket is a 26022OR, a Royal Oak Chronograph, with a quartz movement! I sold it though as I didn't like the way it fitted my wrist! For daily use there's thousands of watches, do you mean which of my collection do I recommend for daily use, or which Patek?!?

Finally my watch winder came from a company called Time Tutelary, I found it on Amazon, it's not anything fancy but does the job!! I don't know about longevity of watches since being wound means they are moving which causes wear it's probably the opposite, but it certainly means they're ready to go when you need them, my Nautilus 5711 and Royal Oak 15300 are usually in my winder as I wear them most often when I'm not at work!

DC

sunbites

Well we learn somewhere hence the question.

At the minute I am waiting for 2 watches; AP Diver V6 and the Patek.

I absolutely love pateks; planning to build up a collection and slowly replace the ones I love with gens. Thats the plan at least!

In regards to a winder - I believe it will extend the life of the mechanism as moving lube is a happy lube :-) When it's stagnant for a long time it hardens and can damage the movement. At least that's what I've been told about vintage Patek pocket watch.

I just purchased a nice box for 12 watches; will look for a Patek branded one if I can find one. Emailed also the hamilton works for strap; lets see what they will reply.

Next on my list is a PAM I think; and we'll see which one I like the most.

I'm also a bit worried that having a few gens will spoil those beautiful reps for me.... But we shall see when they come!

One more thing DC - to get the strap made; did you have to send yours off and then wait for the new one? Or could I just order one with your measurements? :-)

_DC_

You have to send the strap off to Eric, because the new strap is made with the metal insert out of the rep strap. By which I mean he cuts open the rep strap, takes out the metal insert and then puts it into some lovely crocodile hide to make the new strap!!

DC

Daywatch

Hi, when You get this Patek just make sure not to wind it at all. Give it some shakes and put it on the wrist. The Asian 7750 does not like winding and it´s not needed anyway, after some hours on the wrist it picks up the full power reserve. As long as You don´t wind, only set the date at 6 o´clock and don´t hit the reset button at 4 while the chrono is running it will be fine.

If You are just a little bit lucky You will be quite amazed with the quality of the reps and what You can do with them in improvement terms. The main issue is just lack of qc and often a sub-quality (replaceable by something better) movement. The good thing is You can take it wherever and whenever You want, doesn´t need to be handled like a raw egg or the gen.

Everytime I see this, I´m liking it more.

sunbites

@Daywatch - thanks!

I will get a winder for that reason to be honest; but lets see first how it feels/wears.

Is it waterproof as per the sellers ad?

Phantomtech

I have also tried to pair a gen strap with this rep but it won't fit. I sent my rep strap to Jacobs to use the inserts.

Good luck!

Edited by Phantomtech

sunbites

Thanks, will do the same.

sunbites

Just left china!! :-)

sunbites

Updated the first post with a picture and a question... Makes me question the waterproofness :-(

sunbites

So he offered to take it back to the factory and have repaired; which I may go for if a local watch smith wont be able to deal with it.

Ishmael

God I love this watch! Sooooooo purdy... (Ima sucker for rose gold)

sunbites

Yeah it's super nice ;-) In strong daylight tho the chrono-minute-hand looks really hmmmm pinkish :-)