Sign in to follow this  
profblaumann

Big Pilot - rotor falling off

profblaumann

Hi guys,

Since long I come to this board for inspiration and advice, and have built-up a small rep collection. When in Bangkok (MBK) last month, I fell for a Big Pilot (unfortunately, it turned out to be the recessed date with pusher, and working PR). Overall, for 70$ not too bad of a deal though.

IMG_2708_zps682d687b.jpg

As many, I just love the dial and presence on the wrist. The strap and lume is crap (as expected), but now also the movement seems to fail.

I believe there is a rotor ring that holds the rotor in place (highlighted). I have tried pushing the rotor back onto the ring, but it does not seem work (and I am afraid of breaking things).

Any help? Do the 3 (blue) screws play a role here?

IMG_2712_mod_zpse211a257.jpg

profblaumann

I finally solved the mystery with a couple of hours of google. It seems that the rotor detached from rotor bearing (held by the 3 screws). For these ST25 seagull movements, one can clip back on the rotor, simply by pushing it back in position. Works brilliantly again!

markeym3

I bought a Big Pilot here in the M2M sales , the guy said it had a noisey rotor ,, this is how it was when it arrived ,,

I left the rotor off and just hand wind it and check the power reserve .. no noisey rotor ...

Also this is the movement with power reserve and fast date change is by the crown ...

20140430_140425_zps5390f900.jpg

20140430_140708_zps1d24470b.jpg

20140430_141814_zps815fe64a.jpg