Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

New navitimer 01 with FIXED DW!

kennycoder

Holy fuck how did this get unnoticed!

http://www.trusty-wa...9227e3372d0e8f1

7750 with a fixed sunken DW and correct font and shit. If it comes out in black I'll be all over this piece.

P.S. To fix the sunken DW apparently @3 minute counter is faux, but still much better than having recessed DW... I wish they could have disabled the hour hand instead.

b0420e871b0f0a347e321a14298ff052.image.800x532.jpg

elconquistador

Why would they do white first?

kennycoder

No idea.. strange decision ^^

cwazy1

they need to disable the minute counter because the module that allows for tricompax is an extra transfer gear on top of the DW from 9 position to 3. Disabling the hour counter at 6, would do nothing as its not a blocker for the DW.

Aviator

It's not the 01 Navitimer, it's the old (2003-2011) A23322 navitimer which has the ETA7753 inside (gen).

After a better look at the pics on the site, you can see that the minute counter is probably sticked directly to the dial. Second and hour subdials are a bit raised, beause they are not faux... And the seconds@9 subdial, why does it have hand with an arrow? Oh and the Chronometer second hand lacks the red arrow. What a shame, again made with too many stupid flaws...

Edited by Aviator

The Guy

I love how it says FULLY FUNCTIONAL Chronograph with the caveat that the minute hand doesn't function. I was really looking forward to a new and better Navi, but I don't feel like this is it. At least they fixed the slide rule. Also, I must be the only person who likes the white.

Aviator

The flaws are definitely recessed minute hand on the subdial@3 (faux) because it's adhered to the dial, subdail seconds@9 have a hand that's got an arrow, and the chronograph seconds hand is missing the red arrow on the top...

On the navitimers, the subdial hands stick a bit more out as on the other watches, I bet the adhered faux minute hand looks even more horrible in person... I rather have recessed DW... And those stupid arrows...

Edited by Aviator

The Guy

The flaws are definitely recessed minute hand on the subdial@3 (faux) because it's adhered to the dial, subdail seconds@9 have a hand that's got an arrow, and the chronograph seconds hand is missing the red arrow on the top...

On the navitimers, the subdial hands stick a bit more out as on the other watches, I bet the adhered faux minute hand looks even more horrible in person... I rather have recessed DW... And those stupid arrows...

Agreed. This was a wasted effort imo. This is a perfect example of hyperbole among the dealers when it comes to claims of "1:1".