Sign in to follow this  
Pt1803

116610 & 16610 interchangeable parts ?

Pt1803

Hey guys,

I just scored an TC V6 which is getting fixed and refinished by Micky. Has gotten some wear and has the V4 bracelet on it. Case gets refinished and I'll get a V5 bracelet from TC :) I know wear and tear is characteristic. But I think I would want to wear in and scratch it myself.

Now my question is. I have the latest Noob SubC here. I'll see if I like the "flimsy" bracelet on the 16610. But if its just not meant for me I'd like to at least change the clasp or even the whole bracelet. I've heard that is possible since Lug width is the same as one the 16610.

More important. Is the 116610 crystal interchangeable with the 16610 ? How do they are in quality ? I'd like to have at least the LEC on the crystal. Since gen 16610 crystal with lec+ cyclopsAR is so hard to come by nowadays, would it be a good alternative ?

Phillipe

BC1221

bracelet and crystal should be interchangeable. might need a little work.

gen crystals are easily found on rolex forums. theyre just expensive ($200-$300.

the version of the 16610 TC makes shouldnt have the LEC or the AR on the cyclop.

i wouldnt change the TC. the "flimsy" bracelet feels so much better on the wrist than the new solid bracelet.

the glidelock feature is pretty cool but i rarely need to change the bracelet size on any of my watches.

id leave the TC alone. its perfect just the way it is.

if i were gonna replace the crystal, id go gen or leave it.

gen insert should be at the top of the mod list for a TC V6

i just put a gen insert and a flat TC crystal on mine. thats all it needed to be perfect in my eyes.

a AR'd crystal would be nice.

Pt1803

As lucky as I am the Gen insert is already on it :)

Is the Noob crystal and the tc crystal far apart in quality ?

Yea I guess I'll try out the old bracelet. I wouldn't be an 16610 anyway if not the old bracelet..