Sign in to follow this  
scottamc

scottamc

Hi all....newbie here from Los Angeles. Looking forward to buying my first rep. Actually I am very excited to get my first piece. I don't even know what watch to start with.

trailboss99

Welcome mate.

Yup, deciding where to begin is indeed the hardest part.

Begon with a 21j sub, almost everyone does. First however, read a lot and ask lots of questions before you

place any orders.

Col.

Luthier

Hello from another LosAngelino!!!

greg_r

Welcome to RWG! :ttiwwop:

68 Bullit

Hello, and welcome, there seems to be 2 types of watch addicts on the forum, the Rolex-Omega type and the Panerai-AP Roo, some of us like both but you usually fall into either catagory.

Deciding on your first rep, may I suggest you check the wrist shots each day as there are some great watches owned by members on the site, that might help you decide.

scottamc

Thanks for the welcomes.

So I just joined this site and have been probley reading every post there is on the site :popcorn:. There are soo many watches that I would like to start with. But I see Timesshop is having an RWI promotion that seems like its a pretty good deal for a Rolex Sub from Noobfactory. They have a couple choices, would love to get your take for my first watch.

I was thinking of either going for:

1. (rwi promotion)RO6524 - Rolex Submariner Black SS Noobfactory -swiss eta 2836 $138

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=6417

or the Asian eta clone version

2. (rwi promotion)RO6524 - Rolex Submariner Black SS Noobfactory -asian copy 2836 $93

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=6416

There is also the same version with a ceramic bezel for $35 more on both the asian and swiss versions.

(RWI PROMOTION)RO1187 - Rolex Submariner Black Dial Ceramic Bezel SS/SS - asian copy 2836 $128

So what do you guys think is a good first choice watch from these? Is going for the real swiss verse the asian clone worth the $45 extra? Same question, not really sure what the ceramic bezel is and if its worth $35 more as well.

It would be a daily driver until I start stockpiling some watches. I work in business and wear a dress shirt and tie daily. Upscale area, so I would like to have as much as the real thing as possible so people don't like at the wrist and easily spot a fake.

I appreciate your help.

greg_r

In those models, I'd go for the asian clone. The ceramic bezel is just a rep of the equivalent gen with ceramic bezel.

Personally I'd go for the basic $93 version. It's a nice watch for the dough and very good value assuming Mark still has them in stock.

KBH

I agree with Greg, although I have to admit I usually go for the Swiss myself. But I find that the clones seem to be just as reliable so far. I've pretty much given up on the 21j watches. (I can hear boooo's from the crowd already :lol:)

scottamc

I was surprised to see the admin above recommend a 21J version of this watch. Since it ticks and doesn't sweep, I figured that is not likely to be an accurate representation of the movement for this particular watch.

dingle
I was surprised to see the admin above recommend a 21J version of this watch. Since it ticks and doesn't sweep, I figured that is not likely to be an accurate representation of the movement for this particular watch.

2 different versions of the 21 j . Both sweep....maybe not as smooth as the gen, but they do sweep....

Luthier

Noobfactory, huh?

:lol:

You definitely must read more posts about this myth...

scottamc

is that a myth factory? Is Mark selling bs stuff then?