Sign in to follow this  
Crixus

Looking to get my first rep (LMPO)

Crixus

So I've been trying to research as much as possible. I love the Blue Liquidmetal Planet Ocean's. I searched through the forum and it seems that a lot of people had trouble with the bracelet (adjusting the length and pins not going back in like they're supposed to). Other than that, it looked like everyone was pretty happy. I was just wondering if there'd been any revisions or changes recently (or if that even happens in the rep world). Most of the complaints seemed to be from around a year ago. Can anyone offer any pointers? Has anyone gotten one recently that can comment on the quality?

I was looking at these three:

45.5mm "Swiss" ETA

45.5mm Asian Clone

42mm "Swiss" ETA

Hopefully the links work. Sometimes they take you to the main page, but closing that tab and trying again should take you to the watches.

The first two say they were added in April 2013 and the 42mm says it was added in September 2014. Don't know if that's relevant.

Also if someone could suggest an ideal TD that'd really help me out!

Edited by Crixus

Martijn0007

I'm not an expert on Omega's, so I can't help you with that.

I do know a thing or two about movements, and I call tell you 'Swiss ETA's' are not worth paying extra money on.

I've heard stories of people getting used, old Swiss movements in their watches.

Stick with the Asian 2836. That movement is just soo good and relialbe.

Good luck with your search ;)

Edited by Martijn0007

Crixus

I'm not an expert on Omega's, so I can't help you with that.

I do know a thing or two about movements, and I call tell you 'Swiss ETA's' are not worth paying extra money on.

I've heard stories of people getting used, old Swiss movements in their watches.

Stick with the Asian 2836. That movement is just soo good and relialbe.

Good luck with your search ;)

Thanks! The Asian 45.5mm is 60 bucks cheaper anyway!

alidberg

The problems with adjusting bracelet are related to the LMPO LE (black and steel) I think. The model you are referring to has screw in pins and I had no problem resizing the bracelet. Its a really good looking watch btw.

Simms

I would definitely not pay extra for the swiss ETA because they are mostly used and have been rebuilt using Asian replacement parts anyways.

As for the Omega bracelet, definitely a huge pain in the ass to work with! pins were not all the same size and I only found this out after I tried to hammer a larger one through a smaller hole :face palm:. The thing is that the pin fit through the exterior link but the interior connecting link wasnt the same size...to make a long story short I ordered a new stainless bracelet because my first one was a casualty of war!

I read stories about these bracelets but figured that I would have to learn the hard way! The other difficulty is the space allotted for the springbar tool (to change out the actual bracelet) is tiny. I had to file down one of my computer set screwdrivers and added a notch to get at the springbars. It worked but it took a rediculous amount of time compared to any other watch that I own!

That being said, I would do it again because this is an incredible line of watches. I love the look and feel of them. Definitely worth the few initial problems of the setup. Besides the next time around was much easier because I knew what to expect going in.

Good luck!

Crixus

The problems with adjusting bracelet are related to the LMPO LE (black and steel) I think. The model you are referring to has screw in pins and I had no problem resizing the bracelet. Its a really good looking watch btw.

I would definitely not pay extra for the swiss ETA because they are mostly used and have been rebuilt using Asian replacement parts anyways.

As for the Omega bracelet, definitely a huge pain in the ass to work with! pins were not all the same size and I only found this out after I tried to hammer a larger one through a smaller hole :face palm:. The thing is that the pin fit through the exterior link but the interior connecting link wasnt the same size...to make a long story short I ordered a new stainless bracelet because my first one was a casualty of war!

I read stories about these bracelets but figured that I would have to learn the hard way! The other difficulty is the space allotted for the springbar tool (to change out the actual bracelet) is tiny. I had to file down one of my computer set screwdrivers and added a notch to get at the springbars. It worked but it took a rediculous amount of time compared to any other watch that I own!

That being said, I would do it again because this is an incredible line of watches. I love the look and feel of them. Definitely worth the few initial problems of the setup. Besides the next time around was much easier because I knew what to expect going in.

Good luck!

Thanks guys! It looks like I'll be getting the 45.5mm with the Asian Clone movement.

Still would be happy to hear from any others that have experience with these models if they care to share!

Edited by Crixus

Crixus

I'm pretty sure I should have titled this CrPO, not LMPO. I saw the liquidmetal bezel in the descriptions and assumed that made them fall into that category.

Daywatch

Hi, if You´re looking for the Crpo, fine, as I read (unverified) the Lmpo is sold out (or no more good samples around). I would consider/compare to the recently released Seamaster 300m coaxial, vintage looking, no date version. Have fun around

Genius

I have a upo 45mm on leather but would really like a ceramic one on steel bracelet spent too much recently so will be next year before I get another omega

BC1221

Came here to say pretty much what daywatch said.

From the reviews I'm seeing lately, all the good LMPOs are gone and noob isn't making new ones.

I'd go with a CrPO if I were you.

JSJ

What they ^^ said.

My first expensive rep was a BP CrPO from Andrew. Didn't work when it arrived. I had a lump of noodle removed by a watchmaker. Been fine ever since. Pissed off I was but now I know the risks with reps.

By the way, the bracelet is an absolute cracker. One of the best. I had to add a missing screw and replace a pin. That's reps.

Just don't expect the whole piece to be an Omega. It will look more or less like one, at least to the vast unwashed majority. But it might not work like one. Then again it might.

There's a CrPO on RWI m2m at the moment. That's what I'd do if I were you.

Just my two penn'orth.

Crixus

Thanks for all the replies guys! I went to the RWI sales forum and almost snagged a guy's amazing quality Noob LMPO but someone beat me to it. I think I'll be going with this Blue Titanium CrPO. Same as the second one in my original post. I'm away from home though (where I can't get anything shipped to) and have a month before I go back so I'll continue to browse the sales forums in the meantime.

alidberg

Actually, the blue titanium PO from BP is a LMPO and is quite available. The Liquidmetal Limited Edition 42mm from noob, with the "bad" bracelet, on the other hand, is hard to get right now.

alidberg

If youre looking for the LMPO LE I suggest you try watchstation as I got one from them only some days ago.

ImNotFatImFluffy

They want the blue titanium one, looks good but im not sure of accuracy to gen and im personally a bit hesitant on BP products after my early BP crpo only worked so-so, I hope the movements they are using have gone to being reliable and smooth. As for quality on the rest of the watch it should be pretty good, I loved my bp crpo at first.

Simms

My BP CRPO runs as smooth as silk. I don't have a NOOB version to do a side by side comparison but I like what I have very much. The quality of these builds is top notch. There are so many comparison threads on this forum so you have an opportunity to make a very informed decision on this purchase. Good luck whatever you choose.

regardt7

Thanks for all the replies guys! I went to the RWI sales forum and almost snagged a guy's amazing quality Noob LMPO but someone beat me to it. I think I'll be going with this Blue Titanium CrPO. Same as the second one in my original post. I'm away from home though (where I can't get anything shipped to) and have a month before I go back so I'll continue to browse the sales forums in the meantime.

I have the exact same model. Got it nearly a year ago and its my daily (most of the time) beater. I ordered the swiss eta with the expectation that i could then just drop in a new eta when this one died on me. Except for a mysterious handwinding issue this watch runs superbly on the wrist (around + 2 seconds a day).

Quality of the watch is exellent ( bar the usual fiddling to correct minor issues).

None of the stripping crowntube issues, the crown screws in a full 4 turns and nice and smooth. The helium escape valve tho only screws in one full turn, so that got locktite on it asap.

Neither the bezel or insert has a scratch on it and no fading on the ceramic either.

Bracelet wise it was a slight pain to resise but use a bit of patience and it works. The clasp was a real pain, it would pop open on its own and i was seriously considering junking it and getting a new one. Then i realised that the diver extention is a fiddly bit of work causing the opening. The divers extension has to be closed very firmly and fully seated before the clasp works properly.

All in all its a great rep and one of my favourites. The 45 mm wears a lot smaller than it looks and thanx to the titanium bracelet its also light.

Pull the trigger on it, u wont be sorry!!!

Crixus

My BP CRPO runs as smooth as silk. I don't have a NOOB version to do a side by side comparison but I like what I have very much. The quality of these builds is top notch. There are so many comparison threads on this forum so you have an opportunity to make a very informed decision on this purchase. Good luck whatever you choose.

I have the exact same model. Got it nearly a year ago and its my daily (most of the time) beater. I ordered the swiss eta with the expectation that i could then just drop in a new eta when this one died on me. Except for a mysterious handwinding issue this watch runs superbly on the wrist (around + 2 seconds a day).

Quality of the watch is exellent ( bar the usual fiddling to correct minor issues).

None of the stripping crowntube issues, the crown screws in a full 4 turns and nice and smooth. The helium escape valve tho only screws in one full turn, so that got locktite on it asap.

Neither the bezel or insert has a scratch on it and no fading on the ceramic either.

Bracelet wise it was a slight pain to resise but use a bit of patience and it works. The clasp was a real pain, it would pop open on its own and i was seriously considering junking it and getting a new one. Then i realised that the diver extention is a fiddly bit of work causing the opening. The divers extension has to be closed very firmly and fully seated before the clasp works properly.

All in all its a great rep and one of my favourites. The 45 mm wears a lot smaller than it looks and thanx to the titanium bracelet its also light.

Pull the trigger on it, u wont be sorry!!!

Thanks guys! I'm probably going to go with this one! I still have a little time to play with. It's either this one or a used LMPO LE from the RWI sales forum.