Sign in to follow this  
nosferaturussia

Accidentally bought the wrong deployment clasp

nosferaturussia

Hi,

I accidentally bought the wrong deployment clasp for my pam 236, a bit to fast in the ordering :-)

Anyway, I received it without issue (thanks Joshua from PC) and noticed that it's not exactly what I was hoping for, again, this is my bad!

Anyway, I think I could modify the clasp that arrived into the clasp I need as the subparts seem to be an exact copy of what I need.

I have added 2 pictures to show you what I mean, explaining will be a bit harder though. The upper clasp is my original, the lower one is the one i ordered. The part that needs to be changed is the inner part and the piece connected to it, so the closing mechanism. The outer parts, being the vertical 'blocks' on either end are ok. So If I could detach these somehow from the existing clasp and from detach the left piece from the ordered clasp (the only thing you see when you close the watch, I would be ok. I hope people can understand what I mean, it's even hard to explain in y own language!

The problem is, how do I detach these pieces? There is no screwing mechanism on the original clasp.

Thanks for the help!

foto%2B2-5.JPG

foto%2B1-7.JPG

http://www.pf-818.com/pna01011-panerai-style-deployant-clasp-44mm-watches-p-9406.html

BadPickle

Why do you need to modify? Both clasps should fit the same strap, assuming they are both for the same strap width.

Foxindebox

Looks like the top one is for a bracelet and bottom one for a strap?

Hornet

Would it not be easier to just order the right one? Or order a similar style one, minus the branding, from eBay?

nosferaturussia

easier maybe, but another +- 50$... :-) I'll take it to a jewelry friend who might be able to adjust it.