Sign in to follow this  
Pentax

Basel World 2011

Pentax

I am planning to go in 2011

If any members will go, would be glad to meet up there!

deja123

Do they hav Rep´s at Baselworld :)

Pentax
Do they hav Rep´s at Baselworld :)

Why you asking ? Are you not interested in Gens? ......

prestigewatchco

Yes this year they have invited the Rep factories to attend so there will be a huge selection of Reps there great place to compare your rep to the Gen.

Some factories from China will be giving free samples as well and all will be charging exact manufacturing cost for watches but only this year to promote the Rep factories from China in Switzerland where their market share is below average

KeNnY
Yes this year they have invited the Rep factories to attend so there will be a huge selection of Reps there great place to compare your rep to the Gen.

Some factories from China will be giving free samples as well and all will be charging exact manufacturing cost for watches but only this year to promote the Rep factories from China in Switzerland where their market share is below average

+1 :)

Pentax

Robert will you be there?

Silverspeed

No point in going to Basel World...you'll have no access to the stands

To get into the pavilouns you either have to have a press card or get an inventation

all you can do is window shop....and to do that you have to pay!

dingle

gullible you are Pentax.......:rofl:

pulling your chain he is.......:ttiwwop:

Pentax
No point in going to Basel World...you'll have no access to the stands

To get into the pavilouns you either have to have a press card or get an inventation

all you can do is window shop....and to do that you have to pay!

A friend of Mine Gets invitations every year I asked him and he told me that he will give an invitation ;-)

gullible you are Pentax.......:rofl:

pulling your chain he is.......:ttiwwop:

I know that he's Pulling my chain that's why I did not comment ;-)

mulder

If it was the Shot Show in the USA I might go

Luthier
Do they hav Rep´s at Baselworld :thumbsup2:

Nope, I, personally, don't. Waste of money.

If I'd interested - I'd visit local ADs.

Pentax
Do they hav Rep´s at Baselworld :thumbsup2:

Nope, I, personally, don't. Waste of money.

If I'd interested - I'd visit local ADs.

Luthier there were you come from the AD's are all clustered together, here the AD's are one here one there. I am in Europe so Basel is like an hours and a half flight.

Luthier

Point not in flight time, point is - to me - buying a gen is stupidiest thing ever, if reps are almost perfect, unless you're multimillionaire.

When I'll have extra $36,000, I'd better feed hungry kids, still plenty of them around.

mondeov6
Point not in flight time, point is - to me - buying a gen is stupidiest thing ever, if reps are almost perfect, unless you're multimillionaire.

When I'll have extra $36,000, I'd better feed hungry kids, still plenty of them around.

Second that Luth!.... ohhh..and I would certainly buy myself a Le Grand!!... and Elite... and...Basstard...and... :D

baruch

Thats spending youre money wisely

baruch

Thats spending youre money wisely

Pentax

I think you are misunderstanding me

I think that they are only showing watches not selling them , I am going there because I like watches collect watches and see new trends ideas etc....

When you go to Detroit auto show can you by the custom made cars? ;-)

Luthier

I don't go to Detroit, I go to Paris Show sometimes, Shanghai Autoshow sometimes, and absolutely every year on Tokyo AutoShow. And YES, I once bought Skyline there.

My point was about gen. watches in general. I think it's a moral crime to wear $60,000 watch, knowing, that such an amount of money can LITERALLY save lives of hundreds of children.

nunu78
I don't go to Detroit, I go to Paris Show sometimes, Shanghai Autoshow sometimes, and absolutely every year on Tokyo AutoShow. And YES, I once bought Skyline there.

My point was about gen. watches in general. I think it's a moral crime to wear $60,000 watch, knowing, that such an amount of money can LITERALLY save lives of hundreds of children.

Very true mate.

Pentax

And again I say I am not going to Basel to buy a watch I am going for the fair to see... That's what you do when you go to Paris and to Tokyo you go to see new car model I am going to see new watch models ;-)

Or don't go to any of the shows at all save the travel and lodging money and give it to some poor kid who needs it more...

What the point of working then? You work for your better tomorrow so that you can enjoy the things of life neither you or me can save the children of this planet all we ca do is contribute. Not in words but in actions. I have have contributed a few thousands so I think that I am allowed to go to some fair.;-)

As I have said before I can buy many gen watches I don't find the point in doing so.

In Greece we say 1+1=2 all ideologies are simple we make the understanding difficult

As we have made such a big deal out of it , I was just asking who will be going as it would be fun to have some one as company,