Sign in to follow this  
Rokshox

Fascinated Newb

Rokshox

So I'm in the bookstore the other day grabbing some in flight reading material before a heading off to a conference when I came across Robb Report's 2011 Annual Watch Collector Magazine. The watches in this magazing have absolutely blown me away. I have always been into the mechanical aspects of things which may have something to do with my pursuit of becming a motorcycle mechanic. I am particularly impressed with the Greubel Forsey Quadruple Tourbillion and the Jaeger-LaCoulter's Reverse Gyrotourbillion 2. Then as I was tooling around this forum, I came across some videos of these watches in action... and now I must have one! Obviously not a real one (I did tell you that I was motorcycle mechanic), but a replica. I have not done a full search of the website or much research into finding out if they even make replicas of these watches but wanted to say hello and ask for any advice on finding/purchasing either of these watches.

Thanks in advance.

graman

Hey mate!

Welcome to the forum!

Have a nose around......the best advice I can give you is read, and then choose your dealer, THEN your watch!

Give us a yell if you need any info!

trailboss99

Sorry mate, it will never happen.

That style of tourby is just too complicated to ever be reped properly.

There are a few nice tourby reps out there but not those.

Col.

dingle

+1 for trailboss and welcome to the nuthouse :Thinking:

KBH

Welcome Rokshox. The more complicated a watch the less chance of getting it repped and if it is repped, the higher chance of it being a crappy rep that you should be embarrassed to wear.

Rokshox

Thanks a lot guys... I understand though.

pollux1
Thanks a lot guys... I understand though.

Ska's JLC tourbi is really nice

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7653

+1 on that, probably the nicest tourby to be had. there are a lot of faux tourbillons but most look awful mate. Oh and welcome!