Sign in to follow this  
warcelo

DHL/UPS Shipping

warcelo

Hello folks,

i've already talked to greg r about this but i need some more info about DHL or UPS shipping.

45 days ago i bought my first rep, outside Brazil, from Mary but it didn't arrive yet; i know it will arrive ( i have faith :D ), customs

here are tooooooooo slow! Last time i bought something from deal-extreme it took 2 months to arrive! So EMS and Air China will pass trough

customs and they will stuck there.

DHL and UPS came to mind because they do the customs job by their selfs and anything will arrive in a week; BUT..... as greg said they have a chance to

be seized or to be taxed. I talked to Silix and he said that all watches he shipped by UPS never got seized or taxed, he always send as Gift and the value of 22Us$.

Does it work? Have anyone shipped by DHL or UPS?

I want a new watch in 2 weeks for a wedding! I want a faster way for the future reps! I'm getting tooooo addicted! B)

Cheers!

Luthier

You getting married, Marcelo???

WOOOW!!!

Where's bride's pics???

Regarding Customs... Once L.A. Custom held my Chopard for almost 2 months, I already got replacement from Mary, then I got it, finally.

So, be patient, my friend.

On the second thought... Briziliero and patience in the same sentence is an absurd.

B)

warcelo

AhahHAHHahahahHAhA it's true we don't have patience!

I'm not getting married, but my best friend will and i want a nice watch to go to his wedding.

I know that the watch will arrive, but it´s really dangerous to ship my future watches by UPS/DHL?

Thanks Luth! Did not forget to look after your rosewood! I just need time to visit my cousin's workshop!

ReplicaRocketFish

Warcelo!

I live in Canada but I have been to brasil many times, I know how you feel.

I'm coming down in december for a quick 10 day stay. I cant wait! I'll be passing through Rio to Angra. Where do you live?

warcelo

Hello RRF!

That's good to know! I lived in Canada as exchange student 5 years ago! I LOVE Canada! Wanna change country with me? :rolleyes:

I live in Belo Horizonte - MG, i've been to rio and angra too many times, beautiful cities!

Brasil is a nice place to visit and live but i hate the bureaucracy here.

Btw i've lived in Kamloops and visited Kenlowna, Toronto, Vancouver, Jasper, Calgary and Victoria! Just love Canada! Canadians are very nice and kind, the girls are AWESOME!!! :)

Edited by warcelo

Dendo

A Brazilian saying Canadian girls are awesome..............

.....gotta think about that one........ :)

warcelo

The grass is always greener ..... in the neighbor's yard!

Luthier

Brazilian girls are fantastic, trust my experience.

And japanese/brazilians are just the best of them!!!

Only Brazilian Rosewood is better...

:D

Member X

I have had several watches arrive with an accurate description ('Watch') and a low value ($25) and they've been fine. It will probably be more suspicious to them if the package says one thing but the X-Ray shows a watch hidden inside...

warcelo

Good to know MemberX.

One more question, did you get by UOS or DHL? Did they put as "gift" and the low value ($25)?

@Luth: How about Hollywood girls? I heard they are INSANE! :thumbsup2:

Thank you guys! Just got excited (:thumbsup2:) after MemberX answer! Give me more details please!

Member X

I've only had one pacel via Fedex, the rest of mine are EMS or, more rarely, Airmail, I'm afraid.

Most have arrived with 'watch' as the decription and a low value and they've all been ok :thumbsup2: apart from Fed Ex that charged stupid taxes of about £13 :thumbsup2:

warcelo

I can´t do EMS, they will stuck at customs for months ( 100% sure )

I think i will pull the trigger at a 300m SMP ( non chrono ) and ship by DHL. What do you think? It will be charged for sure, but will it be seized?

I will contact Mary now.

Cheers!

Edited by warcelo

Member X

You could ask Mary to send it with the strap off and 'watch parts' on the outside, as a customs/DHL worker might think it was super cheap parts rather than a whole watch that just needed to have the straps put on?

Good luck whatever you do! :rofl:

warcelo

When you say "watch parts" you mean the case? Or movement gears and junk watch parts?

I was thinking to ask Mary to write "Watch service" declare the price of 25$ bucks and put some junk movement parts inside the box, i can tell her to to take off the strap also.

But i'm worried about seizing the watch, if they open the box and see an Omega strap they will laugh! ahahahaha

What do you guys think?

Thanks MemberX for all the information you're giving me!

Edited by warcelo

warcelo

People,

i'm already in contact with mary! She will send me by DHL, but i need more info to ship it safe.

Should i declare "watch" and low value or "watch service" and the seme low value? Both with straps off.

I'm really afraid of getting seized.

Thanks!

PGL
People,

i'm already in contact with mary! She will send me by DHL, but i need more info to ship it safe.

Should i declare "watch" and low value or "watch service" and the seme low value? Both with straps off.

I'm really afraid of getting seized.

Thanks!

Maybe you could just write down "second hand watch" or "used watch" in case they x-ray boxes (since those recent explosive packages security must haven gone up a bit).

dingle

I always put "repaired watch crystal" value under $20.....but I do not use DHL or UPS

warcelo

Repaired watch crystal!

That´s it !

Thanks a lot Dingle! :rofl:

Good to know someone does it!

warcelo

Bad news....

I just talked to Lay from Replicamake and he told me that it's not safe to ship here by DHL or UPS, they will seize it....

So i don't know what to do... My Seamaster chrono is at customs for more than 45 days... This is making me crazy!

I will buy an airplane ticket to Guanghzou at the end of this year and buy a hundred reps. ;)