Sign in to follow this  
Derek Mc

Seamaster 300 Master co-axial quick review

dnrc

updated pictures and cleaned the watches first

Derek Mc

Makes a PO look so busy now! a comment I would never have though about that watch,,,,, also NOTE to self get another PO!

mrbobdobalina

Mine just cleared customs. I should have it in a day or two :-)

waxed

Thanks for this review! I've been eye balling this rep hard since it got released. This does not make it any easier, lol

mrbobdobalina

Here's mine.

141211_036_cropped_small_zps0517f32e.jpg

cogwatch

I LOVE it in pics. Mine's on the way. Hopefully I'll like it as much on the wrist!!

dnrc

you will.

Jayums

I got one from a TD here. The lugs are indeed huge - but it really is a classy looking watch. The bracelet is a beaut .

mrbobdobalina

When I purchased the watch I thought the polished center links would bother me but they don't. The bracelet looks great as-is and the micro adjustment in the clasp makes it easy to get a perfect fit.

Jayums

Totally agree with the above about the polished centre links. It really suits the design of the watch. I think the design is fantastic - i think the PO looks too sporty and busy, whereas this looks like a classic watch without looking at all stuffy or dressy.

Rep criticisms... The usual ... The movement could be smoother... The lume could be brighter .

And the pearl alignment is a little off on mine and most of them I've seen... But ...

- It's the watch that's staying on my wrist at the mo... It's so good it's consigned several of my reps to the watch box for the foreseeable, :)

Edited by Jayums

norrie

I did the wrong thing and had this turn up with a PAM 438 and 511. Took me a few days to get to it but I've been wearing it and it's awesome!

mrbobdobalina

I did the wrong thing and had this turn up with a PAM 438 and 511. Took me a few days to get to it but I've been wearing it and it's awesome!

Tough choices. Out of those three however I think the Omega is the best watch for both casual and dressy occasions. Works great with a t-shirt and a suit.

Jayums

Probably a daft question , but as different factories producing these (like the PO), is there any discernible difference between any if them?

mrbobdobalina

There are some differences but I am not sure if it is due to different factory versions or just older "errors" that have been corrected. A couple of things I paid attention to:

1. 10 on the bezel, some are almost touching the inside edge of the insert

2. PIP and number alignment on the bezel insert. On some bezels the numbers are not aligned when the PIP is at 12.

3. incorrect lume on the hour hand and PIP. They should have green lume and the hour hand and markers should have blue lume.

4. incorrect movement reference on rotor. 8500 (incorrect) vs 8400 (correct).

triplehd

Great review...Omegas are my top choice...but somewhat 50/50 about this watch...maybe i need to try one in person...

Wear it well.

jelskan

Great post. Wear it in good health.

kenbarlow

I can't wait for mine to arrive. One thing I noticed when trying on the gen today was that the crown end is highly polished whereas the rep appears brushed. Is this just a trick of the photos?

mrbobdobalina

No, that is one of the differences from the gen. An easy fix though if it bothers you. The bottom of the bezel is also brushed on the rep whereas the gen is polished.

Edited by mrbobdobalina

OMO

Thinking about taking the plunge!

Any update on the latest batches (quality, finish, etc)? Are they still as nice as these first ones?

Here are the two I'm looking at:

http://www.pure-time.com/product/seamaster-300-master-co-axial-liquidmetal-v6f-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-a8400/

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=1338

Any comments regarding one seller versus the other (shipping times, communication, etc)?

Thanks!

Canadian Buck

Great looking watch, but would rather an asian eta than Miyota but thats a personal thing.

Wear in good health

Edited by Canadian Buck

black263

Thinking about taking the plunge!

Any update on the latest batches (quality, finish, etc)? Are they still as nice as these first ones?

Here are the two I'm looking at:

http://www.pure-time...bracelet-a8400/

http://www.torobravo...product_id=1338

Any comments regarding one seller versus the other (shipping times, communication, etc)?

Thanks!

Toro link says 'Product not Found' for me.

plankton

Excellent review Derek! Hope your well bro!

Des911

Thanks for the review, I've just started looking :-)

Derek Mc

Excellent review Derek! Hope your well bro!

Aye slowly coming up for air now and getting a few mins now and again to pop in here :)

Amarith

What an incredible watch...ordering one definitely! Has anyone noticed that on some of the reps has "8500" engraved on the rotor??? Hopefully no-one ends up with those! Please all be careful during QC...

geae2d.png