Sign in to follow this  
Pharmo

Tissot Rep Vs Gen comparison

Pharmo

I already own a gen Tissot PRS516 which I bought of HWG a while back....and in the spirit of the aliexpress experiments by my mate dfq23 I had to invest in a rep from aliexpress just to compare the difference...Received it ages ago but only got around to doing a review now :)

Must admit it cost peanuts.. but pretty impressed with the quality...of course it is not a high end rep and did not cost the price of a high end rep ( it cost be me about £45 shipped to UK)

The bracelet is pretty spot on although 8/10 in terms of finish compared to the gen.

The weight is good and it feels solid.

The biggest let down for me is the colour of the small dials and to be fair the genuine costs little money - so better just to get the gen rather then mess around with a replica.

But amazing how good these cheap replicas are getting now..

Enjoy some pictures...

15834278686_6ebf60f4be_z.jpg

15860076415_9a0ed73993_z.jpg

15237789674_2c1c56d696_z.jpg

15672556228_d81f273300_z.jpg

15858084971_8d05f9a167_z.jpg

JohnG

mmmmmmm.............

Chavezzito

Enjoy some pictures...

15858084971_8d05f9a167_z.jpg

Which one is which?

Pharmo

Will let you guess mate.....

:lol:

MetalMickey

Rep is the one on the right. Bezel numbers are thicker.

Pharmo

Spot on buddy :)

To be honest been wearing the rep for last few days and feels great on the wrist for little money. I am impressed.

NMA

lume shot??? :boxedin:

MetalMickey

Spot on buddy :)

To be honest been wearing the rep for last few days and feels great on the wrist for little money. I am impressed.

Looks good. Good enough that I would be nervous about buying a gen from anyone but an AD

Mr Stubbs

I've ordered the cheapie. To me it's worth rolling the dice on a nice looking watch. The gen is inexpensive compared to the high end market, it still sells for $400+

I can justify $100 on a quartz rep before Christmas, but not $400 on quartz gen.

Pharmo

lume shot??? :boxedin:

will do in a bit just for you :giggle:

I've ordered the cheapie. To me it's worth rolling the dice on a nice looking watch. The gen is inexpensive compared to the high end market, it still sells for $400+

I can justify $100 on a quartz rep before Christmas, but not $400 on quartz gen.

Exactly my thought process!

Pharmo

lume not as great as expected but not bad...(under ceiling light for about 60 seconds)

15851721646_5f0dc9fd9c_c.jpg

NMA

Heeey :dingleberry-nemesis:

Mr Stubbs
lume not as great as expected but not bad...(under ceiling light for about 60 seconds)

15851721646_5f0dc9fd9c_c.jpg

That's much better than I expected! Brilliant! :lol:

watchworm

Hi,

Just received this Aliexpress Tissot for day wear but one problem,(other than the sub-dials gray instead of white as per original and sellers photo.)

I have discovered that the chrono hours dial does not record under timer except when stopped when it randomly flicks to some point on the subdial

which resets to the 12 oclock position on reset.

Anyone else experienced this problem, is the watch chrono faulty or is there some reset thingy I don't know about without handbook. Google search could

not find user manual or other simular problem.

Mr Stubbs

Hi,

Just received this Aliexpress Tissot for day wear but one problem,(other than the sub-dials gray instead of white as per original and sellers photo.)

I have discovered that the chrono hours dial does not record under timer except when stopped when it randomly flicks to some point on the subdial

Anyone else experienced this problem, is the watch chrono faulty or is there some reset thingy I don't know about without handbook. Google search could

I thought I had that problem, but there is actually no chrono hours dial. It is tenths of a second. It does leap to some point when I stop the chrono with the upper pusher. The only question is if it is accurately recording tenths of a second. I doubt it, but only because that would be spectacular performance for a $100 rep.

Here's the manual from Tissot:

http://support.tissot.ch/usersmanual/143-en.pdf

dfq23

It's the same movement inside as the gen (eta g10) so all features are as they should be

watchworm

Hi,

I thought I had that problem, but there is actually no chrono hours dial. It is tenths of a second. It does leap to some point when I stop the chrono with the upper pusher. The only question is if it is accurately recording tenths of a second. I doubt it, but only because that would be spectacular performance for a $100 rep.

http://support.tisso...nual/143-en.pdf

Hi,

http://support.tisso...nual/143-en.pdf

Mr Stubbs,

Many thanks for the subdial information and user guide. I would never have thought that the subdial@3 recorded not hours but fractions of a

second - "delusions of Tissot"?

Anyway still like the watch and the dealer gave me $20 US refund, because subdials were not the colour advertised, so $55 US/ £35 not a bad price.

GMT_Zulu

Not bad, I have this gen as well and this seems well done. :-)