Sign in to follow this  
scottamc

Watch tools

scottamc

Semi noob question probley, but what kind of tools should one have when dealing with reps? For example, ordering a Rolex sub, but will most likely need resizing cause my wrists are small. What tool does one need for that? Is a tool needed to change out bands from the watch itself as well?

scottamc

Thanks, but the link is giving me an error.

Member X

I reckon you'll need a set of Jewellers' Screwdrivers and a strap bar / pin tool, both of which are easily available in the shop :)

You can also get them from ebay, Cousins, and other watch places, although the ones from the shop will probably be the best quality and therefore better value in the long run ;)

KBH

For re-sizing the bracelet all you need is a small 1.2 or 1.4 mm screwdriver. The same thing as used for eyeglasses so they're easy to find. They make a small tool for changing springbars. By coincidence it's called a springbar tool. :)

On a Rolex you can probably use the small screwdriver as a makeshift springbar tool unless you plan on doing it very often.

greg_r

If you actually want to work on your watches, RWG shop has a fairly comprehensive toolkit at a very good price.

If all you want is to resize bands for various watches and maybe change a strap here or there, you'll just need a set of watchmaker's screwdrivers, a springbar tool and (maybe, dependent on what watches you buy) a pin pusher.

scottamc

Thanks for the tips. I should have a mini screw driver set somewhere to be able to resize. Will probley get the springbar later once I get a few watches and need to start changing bands.

Can't get ahead of myself yet. 1st watch on order and paid for. Rolex Sub Asian 2836 mvnt. If I like it, I will order same one for my dad I think.

Still waiting for Narikaa to respond to my email 2 days ago. I want to order a Chopard GT XL from her (white face). Have to go somewhere if she doesn't respond.