Sign in to follow this  
xkrazymattx

Super Avenger II

xkrazymattx

Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone has heard any word if the Super Avenger II's are going to be on their way out in the rep world? I currently have a Super Avenger that is on it's way out(chrono's have busted and doesn't keep time well +/- few mins a day) and was looking up purchase a NEW Super Avenger.. but was wondering if the SA II's are in the pipe line anywhere... I haven't seen any posted, but wondering if anyone has any other insight?

Edited by xkrazymattx

ImNotFatImFluffy
Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone has heard any word if the Super Avenger II's are going to be on their way out in the rep world? I currently have a Super Avenger that is on it's way out(chrono's have busted and doesn't keep time well +/- few mins a day) and was looking up purchase a NEW Super Avenger.. but was wondering if the SA II's are in the pipe line anywhere... I haven't seen any posted, but wondering if anyone has any other insight?

unfortunately I would have to say In all honesty I don't think it's gonna happen, ive tried to get people interested over in puretime section of repgeek, but a few people post expressing interest and the topic goes dead. Not what a rep maker stalking the forums is likely to go back and try to get done, interest was higher at first, but they all give up after we get no response from puretime to give them hope to keep the topic alive, I think the potential makers think 1. Gen is cheap 2. Its a challenge to super rep, so instead they keep doing "updated" versions of the same watch with almost all the same parts because its easy and they seem to sell very good. I think they are missing a very good opportunity, but unless they figure theres at least enough interest to cover all costs they will not even attempt one batch, and im only one guy that doesn't have the thousands it takes to interest makers to make one batch, if I did I would probably buy all gen versions I was interested in (after all some maker could say they would do it, deliver nothing or inferior parts and run off with the deposit to make the first batch). Id guess in chronograph form thry would probably want a guarantee of at least 18-20 thousand or higher USD in the first batch of a chronograph at the cost of a super avenger 2 to make them seriously think of making it, and im really doubtful there would be that much initial interest in a 48mm case size chronograph, beautiful though it may be. The way to start would probably be the smaller sized GMT or maybe the "Cobra" yellow seawolf (seems to look almost Orange at certain angles), which if either of those did well size wise, maybe they would do the super avenger 2. don't get me wrong, im all for getting the whole series done, but I don't think the rep factories attention will ever be on it, not so long as people spend money on "updated" rep that cost relatively low parts cost and almost no timeframe, which I doubt will ever stop, I say either go super avenger 1, or buy gen super avenger 2 as they don't seem interested in taking our money to make the avenger 2 series. Edited by ImNotFatImFluffy

miren7919

This is my favorite watch of all time.

edigital

too bad, i think the rep (if it ever got made) would sell.

Jonj480

I agree... I would probably buy a few, just like I have with my Skylands, so I have a good version in case one dies, lol