Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Plastic film protection on Rolex?

Luthier

Ari showed me Milgauss on eBay today. $6,500, brand new, never worn, seller- family business, "Anaheim Watches" with 100% positive feedbacks and hundreds of sold items.

I'm sure it's gen., but one thing bothered me... since when Rolex use plastic film to wrap the watches, like rep. factories do? Am I missing something? Ari also complained about font and fuzzy crown... Opinions?

Milgauss5.jpg

Milgauss4.jpg

Milgauss2.jpg

Milgauss1.jpg

Milgauss.jpg

Milgauss6.jpg

Milgauss3.jpg

Aren

This watch still bothers me. The Milgauss rep I got for my son from ReplicaMake looks better than this one. The SS doesn't look as good as the SS of this watch as it does on my sons rep. The crown looks odd and the bezel SS doesn't look polished and immaculately smooth. The Rolex crown on my son's rep is more defined than the one on this watch. The crown in photo 4 looks awful. The crown isn't defined and clear... unless it is just the picture. What are those lines on the bezel? I don't know. I don't know enough about distinguishing gens from reps.

I have also seen lovely boxes with full sets of COA and tags, etc., but I wouldn't think of buying them because I would not pass off a rep as a gen.

I didn't realize this watch was covered in plastic until Luthier pointed it out. I just thought the metal looked mottled. The SS on the clasp still looks bad to me. Maybe it is my vision. Why would a gen dealer take pictures of a watch covered in plastic?

Well, anyway, I hope it is a gen because I thought someone bid on this watch and purchased it. When my son took his watch to the local jeweler to have some links removed from the bracelet, the jeweler told him to put the spare links in a safe place because they were probably worth a couple of hundred dollars. My son just laughed.

Well, I will be interested to read other opinions of this watch and curious about the thoughts of the more knowledgeable members here.

trailboss99

I have seen plastic on the shiny bits of some Rolex gens before. Certainly the back has a disk on it and sometimes the polished parts as well.

The security engraving on the side looks to be good so it's a gen I'm sure.

Col.

Pentax

All the 2010 rolexes are plastic wrapped with bar code print on the side went to the ad in my city and noticed it on a few models

trailboss99

Well there you go.

Thanks for clearing that up Pentax.

Col.

jojo8989

the day has come....

Eiderdaus

my gen had plastic wrappings on side of the case and on some hardware of the bracelet, but not the rep blueish once, on the side of the case there was a bar code as well, but the AD removed all plastic layers before selling it to me.

to me there is nothing suspicious on that watch, better, the polished midlinks are hard to copy and all polished midlinks from reps i saw are not looking like gens...sorry to say. it seems that they look strange because of the plastic layers but on the 3rd pic the polished midlinks look great and gen.

about the box: usually copy boxes are really bad made on the top and inside leather is not light green, this doesn´t look light green it looks more like the copy box in soft yellow but this can be missleading from the color.

do you often paint your nails ? B)

ps:sel fit looks gen and great as well