Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

You never loose that love of watches

Mystery Shopper

Nice to read of the shared love of watches & that you appreciate the positive moments in among it all. My Dad has had his battles this year but came through- I wish the same for you.

Chiquita Fanjita

Thanks again guys, your comments and well wishes are much appreciated :)

elchino

Hard times, but the good thing of this is: you and your dad sharing that love for the watches even in hard circumstances. Sharing something with your dad is priceless. My best wishes for his health.

Stuvetjee

The best to your father and family mate! Your dad really has great taste ;)

tonyh7

Good post, and hope your dad improves. I lost my mum in September this year. In 1974 she bought me an Omega Seamaster Cosmic (one of the ones they did then with a monocoque case). It was way more than she could afford at the time. I've worn it for years and it's come through many adventures, a few services and a replacement crystal. It still keeps perfect time. Now she's gone I can barely bear to wear it - couldn't deal with it if it were damaged or stolen. It's a vintage watch now and for me has so many associations. In a sense the watches we love are a throw back to an age before electronics - when precision and craftsmanship were at a premium. I think the hobby has a strong sense of nostalgia about it. Lots of people think I'm nuts (another watch!), but what the hell.

Paparolf

Lovely post mate.

Love and peace to you and your family.

Chiquita Fanjita

Hard times, but the good thing of this is: you and your dad sharing that love for the watches even in hard circumstances. Sharing something with your dad is priceless. My best wishes for his health.

The best to your father and family mate! Your dad really has great taste ;)

Good post, and hope your dad improves. I lost my mum in September this year. In 1974 she bought me an Omega Seamaster Cosmic (one of the ones they did then with a monocoque case). It was way more than she could afford at the time. I've worn it for years and it's come through many adventures, a few services and a replacement crystal. It still keeps perfect time. Now she's gone I can barely bear to wear it - couldn't deal with it if it were damaged or stolen. It's a vintage watch now and for me has so many associations. In a sense the watches we love are a throw back to an age before electronics - when precision and craftsmanship were at a premium. I think the hobby has a strong sense of nostalgia about it. Lots of people think I'm nuts (another watch!), but what the hell.

Lovely post mate.

Love and peace to you and your family.

Thanks guys for your wishes, they're much appreciated :)