Sign in to follow this  
Rokshox

Newb watch help

Rokshox

I'm new to the these types of wathces (check my Intro "Fascinated Newb"). I very much understand the "You get what you pay for" theory... but I also can't afford a $500K watch. I wonder if you guys had any insight on finding any of these watches for under $1000 from a reputable dealer... that actually work and aren't crap. I just used the website for quick access to watches. I was steered towards Ska's JLC tourbi which is really nice and a definate option. Thanks a lot for any help you can pass along.

http://www.watchesspace.net/Panerai-Lo-sci...00348-2996.html

http://www.watchesspace.net/Greubel-Forsey...T24Si-3028.html

http://www.watchesspace.net/Greubel-Forsey...-ROSE-3046.html

http://www.watchesspace.net/Maurice-Lacroi...1-110-2980.html

http://www.watchesspace.net/Jaeger-LeCoult...66470-2884.html

Love this one:

http://www.watchesspace.net/Jaeger-LeCoult...64-20-3038.html

Edited by Rokshox

dingle
I'm new to the these types of wathces (check my Intro "Fascinated Newb"). I very much understand the "You get what you pay for" theory... but I also can't afford a $500K watch. I wonder if you guys had any insight on finding any of these watches for under $1000 from a reputable dealer... that actually work and aren't crap. I just used the website for quick access to watches. I was steered towards Ska's JLC tourbi which is really nice and a definate option. Thanks a lot for any help you can pass along.

http://www.watchesspace.net/Panerai-Lo-sci...00348-2996.html

http://www.watchesspace.net/Greubel-Forsey...T24Si-3028.html

http://www.watchesspace.net/Greubel-Forsey...-ROSE-3046.html

http://www.watchesspace.net/Maurice-Lacroi...1-110-2980.html

http://www.watchesspace.net/Jaeger-LeCoult...66470-2884.html

Love this one:

http://www.watchesspace.net/Jaeger-LeCoult...64-20-3038.html

send pics to any of the trusted dealers and if available they can source them for you :D

jojo8989

Just looked at the last one and i can pretty much guarantee that hasn't been repped !

Luthier

Man, you have exceptional taste, I love all these watches, and I highly recommend you to buy all of them from that particular website, seems they have watches that our dealers don't...

Lucky you, discovered such a nice site!!!

Good luck, and don't forget to post pictures of the watches you'll recieve.

KBH

Oh, and if you listen to Luthier, you might end up a lot poorer and with no watches. ;)

Without even looking at your links, I'm assuming that they are watches that haven't been repped. Don't do anything foolish and do some more homework.

scottamc

Surprised Luthier, a VIP and 3,000+ poster, would recommend so easily to purchase from a non recommended dealer. Were you joking?

Luthier
Surprised Luthier, a VIP and 3,000+ poster, would recommend so easily to purchase from a non recommended dealer. Were you joking?

Ever heard word "sarcasm"?

But I really wish every pinhead to lose, because anyone must to read forum posts, I'm sure he did, and if it didn't teach him ANYTHING - he desrved to be scammed.

Baldrick

I love a good laugh, don't you just love the naivete and enthusiasm of noobs ;)

@Rokshox, NONE of the watches posted on that site are reps, they are a scam site sucking you into sending money for what will turn out to be SHIT and yes I mean SHIT reps, they are using photos of GENUINE watches to trap the unwary , avoid like the plague, read this forum and don't be scared to ask questions.

Man, you have exceptional taste, I love all these watches, and I highly recommend you to buy all of them from that particular website, seems they have watches that our dealers don't...

Lucky you, discovered such a nice site!!!

Good luck, and don't forget to post pictures of the watches you'll recieve.

Ever heard word "sarcasm"?

But I really wish every pinhead to lose, because anyone must to read forum posts, I'm sure he did, and if it didn't teach him ANYTHING - he desrved to be scammed.

@Luthier, I'm ashamed of you, your attitude is all wrong, it seems that your frequent visits to China and your discovery of reps there, have gone to your head and you now are conceited enough to believe that you KNOW everything and that anyone else who is a little ignorant ( which we all were at some point ), deserves to be scammed, that is SHAMEFUL on your part, hang your head and apologise for your comments, they are bang out of order, you yourself weren't smart enough to prevent $5000 from being stolen from your suitcase, were you, and most members were sympathetic to YOUR plight, seems to me now that you deserved that fate..who was the PINHEAD then..if THAT is the best that you can come up with for "sarcasm", I suggest you buy a few Jerry Seinfeld / Dennis Leary / Bill Hicks / Dame Edna DVD's and study the art.. :nomorepostwhore:

Could you live with the thought that this new member had looked at your post count and position on the forum and taken your advice and ordered one or more of these items from a scam website, based on your advice :lol:

Sorry to say it Ding, but as a Mod, your response should have been a little more considered also, this guy has only been here for a few days!

Luthier

Hhhmmm... Baldy, you're right, and I apologize. If the guy would be scammed, I'd feel bad. But, from the other hand... you come to forum, you read posts, you see many, many posts about warnings, see our TRUSTED dealers list, and after all that - you go to scam sites? Any logical reason to do it? Any common sense?

But you're right, I wrote my post following my not the best instincts.

And yes, I was absolutely total idiot, placing money in my baggage, agreed 100%.

Feel better?

:lol:

Luthier

Another thought - why you, Holy Mods, don't post "Read before applying for membersip" and write about scam sites and our Trusted dealers list? Then everyone will be warned BEFORE they'll even enter the Forum, and we'll avoid tons of problems.

Ball in your corner, Sir!

prestigewatchco

If the forum dealers don't have them it's highly unlikely anyone else does buying these from an unknown source is at best foolhardy

The best thing that will happen is you will receive watches of particularly low quality with only the name on dial bearing any resemblance to the web site pictures

The worse thing that will happen is they will send you nothing and skip with your money

Either is not an ideal situation.

New and old members need to realise that there is not a huge rep watch Mecca anywhere that sells only AAAAAAAA Super Swiss copies with watches exclusively to them 99% of all Rep watches come from the same sources and whilst one dealer may have stock and another not the availability will be universal

Some watches are just not repped so cannot be supplied this is a fact of life better new members stick to recognised forum dealer sites and don't get involved looking for watches on Gen sites and expecting everything to be available lots are but there are many that are not also

trailboss99
Another thought - why you, Holy Mods, don't post "Read before applying for membersip" and write about scam sites and our Trusted dealers list? Then everyone will be warned BEFORE they'll even enter the Forum, and we'll avoid tons of problems.

Ball in your corner, Sir!

There already is Luth. Take a look at our website upon which this forum is hung.

Go to www.replica-watches-guide.com and have a read, it's all there without ever having entered the forum.

Col.

Luthier

Yes, read it. But trust me- nobody read it, everyone click on JOIN button first. It should be MANDATORY read before applying for membership, inside, not outside. THEN, and only then, people will read and pay attention. Mention of our trusted dealers list should be there with warning about scams.

Just my 2 cents.

Baldrick

To address you!

Feel better?

It's not about making me feel better, it's about your idiocy and apparent lack of empathy with the OP, it's quite apparent from reading your posts that you live in a black and white world, ALL muslims are bad, ALL murderers should be executed, ALL people who who wander into Compton deserve what they get, ALL people who don't read the RULES, ahould be fleeced ad infinitum, my beef wasn't about the OP NOT READING OR HEEDING THE FORUM ADVICE, it was about your advocating him to buy from the scam site, in the readily apparent knowledge that he OBVIOUSLY hadn't read the advice.

Tthat is not in the spirit of this site, nor any of the rep sites, this guy was not the first nor will be the last to not read the forum advice, shit, I bet you haven't just as many of us haven't read the instruction manual for the new toy that we've just bought, Ipad / mobile phone / DVD player or the EULA on a piece of software, whatever, his ignorance shouldn't be compounded by yours or anyone else's, we collectively have a duty of care to look after a fellow MEMBER, for that's what he is, he may not be VIP, but he's only 4 days into this site and there's a lot to see and read, his enthusiasm was ridiculed by you and your ridiculous lack of humour.

Another thought - why you

Why NOT me, why not any member,?

Making it MANDATORY to read the forum advice, won't avoid any future problems, this is a website, the inherent nature of people faced with a full page of sage advice, but with the option of clicking the "I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD" button is all too tempting when you're pumped full of excitement at the thought that you may have found a safe haven in your quest to source a good rep, IMAGINE his disappointment at finding that he won't be able to source his heart's desire, but also that he had the misfortune to encounter an idiot ( self confessed ) such as you, I know I might have re-considered returning, as might he, and who knows what a loss to our "community" that might be, not the least of which might be his VIP contribution, which can only help to enrich the forum, he might have had other areas of expertise that someone else could have benefited from.

As I said, shameful and compounded by your feeble attempt at justifying your behaviour, first you're contrite then you come over all indignant because I pointed out your idiocy, you have a lot to learn SIR !

There already is Luth. Take a look at our website upon which this forum is hung.

Go to www.replica-watches-guide.com and have a read, it's all there without ever having entered the forum.

See my comment above Col, we all need to recognise that noobs will not always read nor follow advice, but that doesn't mean that we should exhort them to commit folly for the sake of a cheap laugh, you know I'm not above making an ass of myself in certain instances and Lord knows I've said some mean things and done some stupid things, but I wouldn't stoop as low as that, as I said already what if....?

:rofl:

JMHO (BIKIR)

trailboss99

Come on Balders, he apologised.

That was big of him, don't keep on his ass over it.

Col.

Baldrick

yes Col, he apologised but then sought to justify his actions, questioning why I should have commented, condescendingly asking me if I feel better, THEN followed it up by a challenge.

BALL IN YOUR CORNER SIR
!

:rofl:

Luthier

Baldy, you didn't notice that you slowly becoming JoeyB?

Baldrick

Is that another attempt at humour Lilith = FAIL, you really must try harder, now go play a tune on your organ :D

Do remember not to leave large amounts of currency in your suitcase !

Luthier

Humor is unknown territory to you.

Suitcase... try something new, it was repeated already.

Baldrick
Humor is unknown territory to you.

Suitcase... try something new, it was repeated already.

It used to be until you came along, the suitcase thing gave me a great laugh, it should be a YouTube vid, so we can watch it over and over, or at the very least a big warning sign at the airport so noobs or the idiotic can read it, endless fun.. :rofl::):rofl::):rofl::D

Rokshox

Sorry guys... didn't mean to start a holy war. I am also not dumb enough to purchase a watch for $200 expecting the real thing. I was just trying to ask for your opinions on where and who I should talk to about finding these types of watches that are reputable. I will admit too, that I did not read the instructions.

Sorry again for my "naivete and enthusiasm."

greg_r

lol - don't sweat it Rokshox - these guys just got a little carried away. They're excitable, ya know - I guess they don't get out much :)

Anyhow, be careful out there - most of the sites around are scams - lots of 'em showing photos of gens (sometimes ones that haven't even been replicated) and trying to suck you into sending them money. Most of the time you'll either get complete junk or an empty box.

Stick to the trusted dealers here, though, and you won't go far wrong. If it's available, they can get it - for a decent price too. :)

Member X

Ignore the argumentative old guys, they just get cranky when they've not had their meds :rofl::D

Have a browse of the Trusted Dealer listings to see what takes your fancy, and if there's somethung else you like you can email Mary (WatchInternational) or Lay (ReplicaMake) to see if they can get it. Robert (PrestigewatchCo) is also very helpful :) but can seem a bit blunt till you get to know his style :rofl: lol

Feel free to ask questions, most of us aren't grumpy! :)

Baldrick
I guess they don't get out much

As opposed to Greg, who doesn't get out at all, well, only when he gives the nursing home Matron some candy and if he doesn't wet his pants, she gives him half an hour on the Webnet, s'why he doesn't appear here very often :D

Most of us aren't grumpy!

Are you feeling grumpy, if you're not, he wants to know why, was it something he said :lol:

dingle
Sorry to say it Ding, but as a Mod, your response should have been a little more considered also, this guy has only been here for a few days!

:D

i can't be perfect all the time :lol: