Sign in to follow this  
plankton

2014 Noob DSSD- My next build (step by step)

plankton

@stormclock toro has it in stock.

@plankton where can i get those link screws from? Mine are generally ok, but one is a bit too long and i would like to replace it. Tnx

Do you guys locktite screws on the bracelet?

I approach one of the many micro dealers that has a god relationship with Noob. It takes some work to get these new ones, they are different that last years link screws, the heads a flat and have a better surface to polish.

plankton

I do locktite the screws in one they all fit well and the bracelet is sized, blue locktite so they can be removed without damaging them....

Gacko

Tnx. I have played a bit with different location of screws (since i have a big wrist) there are 7 screws so i can try different combination.

Would you let me know when you will be able to purchase or by any change could I order a couple with your order?

Do you by any chance know whats the price for gen ones at local rolex dealer, i have this idea of a gen screw being a little more reliable and resistant to force your wrist might cause.

plankton

Tnx. I have played a bit with different location of screws (since i have a big wrist) there are 7 screws so i can try different combination.

Would you let me know when you will be able to purchase or by any change could I order a couple with your order?

Do you by any chance know whats the price for gen ones at local rolex dealer, i have this idea of a gen screw being a little more reliable and resistant to force your wrist might cause.

I was quoted $25 each for gen screws but I'm not sure they would thread as well.

boneyjr

Great stuff. I love the idea of the DSSD in principle. The only problem is that I have always found them to be a bit uncomfortable. A little top heavy. But otherwise, a gorgeous watch.

plankton

Great stuff. I love the idea of the DSSD in principle. The only problem is that I have always found them to be a bit uncomfortable. A little top heavy. But otherwise, a gorgeous watch.

I agree, don't get me wrong I love the watch. Several months ago I tried a high end rubber strap and liked the look but not so much wearing rubber so I had Jacob make me the below strap which eliminates the top heavy feeling.

8cfcf5c6-bb7d-4645-82e4-0533f17850b9_zpscd75bd24.jpg

plankton

This get's fitted to my DSSD tomorrow! Like a child in a toy store....8cfcf5c6-bb7d-4645-82e4-0533f17850b9_zpscd75bd24.jpg

plankton

With Jacobs hornback.

89vaXMP.jpg

rawbaws

Looks very pretty. Certainly will hold that tall watch on your wrist better then a gen bracelet.

plankton

Looks very pretty. Certainly will hold that tall watch on your wrist better then a gen bracelet.

I think so too. It can be worn as a dresser now as well.

Gacko

We wont wrist and buckle shoot :D

plankton
We wont wrist and buckle shoot :D

I sold it, member here wanted it...

Thrasher

One thing I love about the DSSD is the crown and tube at least on mine feels perfect and screws down like butter, I have started putting silicon grease on my tubes but not on the DSSD or the TC 16610 w/gen crown and wso tube by BK.

plankton

Just finished another and it ready for a home. No profit

ByranM

I love the build, the photos look amazing, top notch, I'm also very impressed with the Hornback that you put on the watch. All in all, what do you figure the changes cost you to finish this?

plankton

I love the build, the photos look amazing, top notch, I'm also very impressed with the Hornback that you put on the watch. All in all, what do you figure the changes cost you to finish this?

Hornback was $375. The finish cost me $65 and my time, the extra pins, spring bars usually run about $45-$65 depending on who can supply them.

SERE Nate

Tried to pm you. Can you make me a dssd with the blue dial?

plankton

My inbox was full, sorry about that. I can get PMs now.