Sign in to follow this  
Laz730

Nautilus 3711G

Laz730

I just figured I would share one of my favorite timepieces..The white gold/black dial version of the nautilus 3711G

FCE97C1E-D35B-4B8F-9E07-A54D3437FC6E_zpsfedizdo8.jpg

RussP

Hello from another Patek fan.

Laz730

Hello friend...Nice to meet you!

rhreplica

Does this one have the closed case-back? Which TDs stock it?

Laz730

The movement is SW200..25J..The back is a clear back. And I bought this piece from a TD that I have been dealing with for over 2 years. Really love this piece! I just placed an order tonight for the 5711 blue dial...Can not wait to get it!

_DC_

Looks good, not a 3711 though, this is a 5711 rep!!

DC

Laz730
Looks good, not a 3711 though, this is a 5711 rep!!

DC

Really? Please share...Is it because the case back?

_DC_

It's because of several things. Yes the caseback is one thing, the 3711 never had a display back. The main thing though is the shape of the case, in particular the "ears". If you look at them side by side you can see the difference.

3711 on the left, 5711 on the right:

25013C8C-5C05-4EF8-B890-F8169146AFD9_zpsjnbimour.jpg

The 3711 ears are straight and almost curve inwards, also the crown is small, whereas the 5711 ears have a definite outward curve to them with a larger crown!

Other than that, there is a difference in the clasp (again 3711 on the left)

95B6AF13-EF82-40A3-BE19-5FF48E4DC7A9_zpsburykcun.jpg

...and the bezel is slightly different but hard to see in pictures.

The only thing is the 5711 doesn't come in a black dial, whereas the 3711 does, so I can see why you thought it was a 3711!!

DC

Laz730

I see what you are saying...This is something I have to take up with my TD because I do know that 5711 doesn't come with a black dial. And when I placed my order with the TD I asked for a 3711...When I received it I did notice the case back that's why I mentioned it when I asked you to share. Either way I love it..It works and looks great! Thanks for sharing DC!

Jamjam

DC is the man when it comes to the Peteks.. And I just received my 5711 blue dial this morning from one of are TDs and must say they are quiet a piece of work, however I think it will have to grow on me tho till I get the full PP bug, I love the face of the nautilus but think the aquanaut will be much more comfy for my wrist!

Edited by Jamjam

Laz730
DC is the man when it comes to the Peteks.. And I just received my 5711 blue dial this morning from one of are TDs and must say they are quiet a piece of work, however I think it will have to grow on me tho till I get the full PP bug, I love the face of the nautilus but think the aquanaut will be much more comfy for my wrist!

I love Pateks! Trust me it will definitely grow on you! I am a big rolex, ap and Hublot fan...But now i'm a big Patek fan too!! An aquanaut is definitely on my list along with the calatrava and some complications!! Enjoy your 5711 and post pics if you haven't..would love to see it!!

Gmtaddict

Totally agree.

Sometimes I even fancy putting the Nautilus grey dial and hands into my Aquanaut, just to try....

_DC_

Totally agree.

Sometimes I even fancy putting the Nautilus grey dial and hands into my Aquanaut, just to try....

Haha, so that would make it a Nautinaut?!?

DC

Pseudonym

Totally agree.

Haha, so that would make it a Nautinaut?!?

DC

Or an Aqualus...?

Jamjam

I love Pateks! Trust me it will definitely grow on you! I am a big rolex, ap and Hublot fan...But now i'm a big Patek fan too!! An aquanaut is definitely on my list along with the calatrava and some complications!! Enjoy your 5711 and post pics if you haven't..would love to see it!!

i will post pics later tonight hopefully when I get the chance and will let you all admire it, if the iPhone pics are good enough. Lol

Jamjam

Totally agree.

well there you have it, a new Concept Patek, if it could be done o course?. Thought up right here in Our great Forum.