Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

RWG1: Upcoming JohnG projects...

JohnG

Just won an auction on eBay: Brand new gen Omega SMP rubber strap (without the deployant) for my future SMP Chrono... This strap runs $192 from Otto Frei... I got it for $102.50

I used an auction sniper - and calculated my snipe just right. Some people will put their max at (for example) 100.01 - to beat the guy who bids $100.00 - but then there are some who put, say, $100.99, or even 101.xx - to beat the guy who wants to beat the guy who bids $100.00 - I got the final step and always bid $52.xx, $102.xx and so on - just to be sure. Anyway, here is the bid history so you can see how I totally pwned this fucker:

Auction end Feb-17-09 12:19:09 PST

EIGHT seconds before the end, JohnG comes in and BOOM! HEADSHOT!!!

Bidder / Bid Amount / Bid Time

JohnG( 33) / US $102.50 / Feb-17-09 12:19:01 PST

3***v( 83) / US $101.99 / Feb-17-09 07:26:57 PST

7***e( 63) / US $81.00 / Feb-17-09 12:18:50 PST

3***v( 83) / US $77.99 / Feb-17-09 07:23:07 PST

ce89_3.JPG

d1ca_3.JPG

cff1_3.JPG

onzenuub

On what Omega atch are you going to wear it John?

JohnG

SeaMaster Professional Chrono...

DSC_0014_J-1.jpg

onzenuub

Nice one. And again a watch thread posted. By whom, by JohnG and Onzenuub, the postwhores :huh:

greg_r

Nice bit of sniping there, John...

swissaddict
here is the bid history so you can see how I totally pwned this fucker

:P Well done :rofl:

KinCaidk

Good job :P

The seamaster is a beautiful watch. It has always been my alltime favourite.

Looking forward to see a wristshot with the new strap.

JohnG

Thanks guys!

Just to be clear - I don't have the SMP yet - I usually do things ass-backwards - I bought the Gen diver's extension for my SSD before I had the SSD. Now I bought the Gen strap for my SMP that I don't own yet. But now I am committed...

Otto Frei sells the deployant for $159, but I am going to shop around, see if I can find it cheaper (on eBay - among retailers, Otto Frei is the cheapest I have found)

KinCaidk

Thanks guys!

Just to be clear - I don't have the SMP yet - I usually do things ass-backwards - I bought the Gen diver's extension for my SSD before I had the SSD. Now I bought the Gen strap for my SMP that I don't own yet. But now I am committed...

Otto Frei sells the deployant for $159, but I am going to shop around, see if I can find it cheaper (on eBay - among retailers, Otto Frei is the cheapest I have found)

Ass-backwards :rofl: - now there's a fun expression.

I don't have a SMP either... But it should arrive in the mail around the 22nd :D :D

trailboss99

Nice bit of rubber but you would think they could rep the damn thing propperly and save us a few bucks. Prob costs Omega 'round five bucks, in China!

Does it say in the pkg where it's made? If it is CN i'm surprised they don't just sell 'em out the back door to the rep makers. I gather the rep ones arn't exactly crash hot?

Col.

JohnG
Nice bit of rubber but you would think they could rep the damn thing propperly and save us a few bucks. Prob costs Omega 'round five bucks, in China!

Does it say in the pkg where it's made? If it is CN i'm surprised they don't just sell 'em out the back door to the rep makers. I gather the rep ones arn't exactly crash hot?

Col.

There is no rep of the SMP rubber - just the Planet Ocean. 20mm PO rubber fits the SMP but has buckle, not deployant...

trailboss99

Bugger. So the clasp has to be gen as well. You pick expensive projects mate. At least you can be shure it's gunna be the only one on the block.

You geting a dial as well? Nice watch BTW but not as nice as that other one you posted a while back. THAT has to be the king of Omegas. Why oh why don't they rep it? It's stunning.

Col.

JohnG
Bugger. So the clasp has to be gen as well. You pick expensive projects mate. At least you can be shure it's gunna be the only one on the block.

You geting a dial as well? Nice watch BTW but not as nice as that other one you posted a while back. THAT has to be the king of Omegas. Why oh why don't they rep it? It's stunning.

Col.

That's the Aqua Terra Chrono - they rep it but it looks like a POS. Part of the problem is that it (the gen) has the 3301 movement with the close subdial spacing... The Omega Chronos with the 1164 (7750) are easy to rep, but the 3301's all suck.

The gen clasp is $159 from Otto Frei. But I am patient, maybe I will find one elsewhere for less...

trailboss99
The gen clasp is $159 from Otto Frei.

Ouch! And ya gotta deal with Otto :P It had better turn out a real nice watch. I'll keep my eyes out.

Col.

JohnG

Searching everywhere but that clasp is hard to find - all the gen forums refer to Otto Frei as the place to buy it (cheaper than AD they say) - believe it or not some places charge close to five hundred dollars for it (authenticwatch.com for example)...

Here are pics of the deployant:

omedeprub.jpg

onzenuub

Sure an expensive one.

JohnG

My Ocean Racer deployant (rep) arrived at Gorilla Straps finally - now Bo will make the custom strap for my SA...

Here are some pics of the deployant - and a gen w/ the set up I want - though mine will go on light brown leather:

BRT1179f.jpg

oceanracer_03.jpg

oceanracer_01.jpg

oceanracer_06.jpg

On black leather (mine will be on light brown leather - but same idea):

CIMG3432.jpg

CIMG3428.jpg

CIMG3431.jpg

onzenuub

DSC_0014_J-1.jpg

John Slicemaster has one for sale now on RG: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=51627

JohnG

DSC_0014_J-1.jpg

John Slicemaster has one for sale now on RG: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=51627

Thanks - it was a cheap quartz - I am going to get the 7750 version - after all the money into a gen strap, has to be a good watch!