Sign in to follow this  
efigeninho76

new member from US

efigeninho76

Hello to all Members

My name is Vic and I really like these absolutely crazy machines that track time. I fell in love with watches when I learned how to read time.

My first watch was a Festina chronos that I got when I was 12, I think.

20 years later I still have that watch and it looks like new.

I am so passionate about my watches that when I get a scratch on them I feel like something bad happen to someone, to a person. My wife says I am crazy… and maybe I am. I always answer I am crazier about her then watches but I do like watches also. :notworthy:

Most of the watches I own are the real stuff until I was convinced by an employee of mine about replicas. So I did some research and came across this absolutely fantastic forum full of “passionate crazy watch lovers†like me and I was convinced by what I read, to go and buy some replicas.

So I finally got some courage and purchase my first replicas last month, I bought two: a Tissot T-Race and an Omega Seamaster planet Automatic.

The quality of the workmanship of this watches blew my mind away, it is very, very good. I am so impressed with it that I decided to create a all new collection of replicas… my wife is going to kill me but I am about to get 10 more in the next two months…

Anyway, I have a question about metal bands in watches, what do you guys do to get them cleaned up? Is there any liquid to clean all the black crap that gets in between the links of the band?

My other question is about watcheden.com, has anybody on this forum purchased a watch from them?

My last question is more philosophical, what does make us like watches so much?

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :D

I would steer clear from watcheden. They are on shaky ground at the moment. Take a look at the link in my signature, it will be a great read for you.

Nice to see another member from the US here :notworthy::rofl:

mspangl
I am so passionate about my watches that when I get a scratch on them I feel like something bad happen to someone, to a person. My wife says I am crazy… and maybe I am.

haha same situation here in austria mate :notworthy:

welcome!

greg_r

I'd suggest that you don't buy from watcheden - they've gone seriously downhill of late and are running out of friends at all the fora. Stick to our trusted dealer list, you're more likely to get what you orderd - and it's more likely to be decent quality.

A lot of guys use bike lube to clean up and lubricate their bracelets. I've not tried it myself, though.

Welcome to RWG! :notworthy:

KBH

Welcome Vic. Watch Eden is a trusted dealer on our sister forum but they have been having quality control problems lately and are on a probationary status.

Most of the dealers here all can get the same watches so price, QC, and customer service is what we look for from our dealers. Also we have more control over them should any problems arise. With problems from off forum dealers you're pretty much on your own if something goes wrong.

Aren

Hi and Welcome,

You have come to the right place. This is a great forum with wonderful people and packed full of really valuable information. Adm, mods and mems all give generously of their time and advice and have the knowledge and experience to back it up...

and if you need a good laugh...the humour here is outstanding.

BTW...Nice to have another yank here. In this place we are definitely the minority.

All the Best,

efigeninho76

Guys you all rock, that some quick responses. I will not buy anything from any dealer that is not on the trusted dealer list without passing through this forum first. RWI is the sister forum, right? I trust this forum more for some reason...

I have been using Timeshops.net for now; I have not tried anybody else yet since I am still deciding what I will purchase next. I spend a lot of time reading posts and treads on this forum. I think I read all the material for newbie’s twice and still go back and check it once in awhile. It is very valuable information.

Thank you all

cyberbeak

Hi Everyone,

Just joined and I'm enjoying the wealth of information out here. I'm interested in purchasing a wm9 from bklm, but haven't received a pm response from him for almost a week. Being new to the process, I don't know if this is normal or if I'm unaware of some unspoken rule. Any advice/experience would be welcome at this point.

Thanks in advance.

greg_r

bk is usually quicker than that, but it's possible he may be away again. I'd suggest dropping him another PM just in case he's missed it.

Welcome to RWG :D