Sign in to follow this  
Phantomtech

Fully modded Patek Phillipe Nautils 5711 Miyota just arrived!

Phantomtech

I apologize in advance for the long post with all the photos.

Just received my watch back from pbdad, mods include 21j hands, double AR crystal and lume applied.

I tried to capture all angles of the watch to see how the light reflects. The dial color is definitely a bit off since it has the green tinge mixed with the blue. The green hue on the AR doesn't do it any favors The color does look more blue'ish in indoor lighting, and since this was taken outside in the sun the photos give the impression that the dial is more green than it actually is in real life.

Regardless, it's a beauty and I still prefer it to my Selita version, it is much better built and it's just stunning on the wrist.

Enjoy!

pcE7ue.jpg

wLprBu.jpg

SWNtOc.jpg

y1Wgao.jpg

mVXcLt.jpg

kY34vt.jpg

82OlJk.jpg

ISBOH7.jpg

Here it is on not such a sunny day, dial is definitely more blue'ish but at certain angles still has the green tinge. I would call this dial color Teal.

ey49Uu.jpg

y64fNv.jpg

djYPgb.jpg

NiMbtb.jpg

mns9xF.jpg

gY04vG.jpg

I just saw this photo of a gen online here, the color actually looks SPOT ON with my rep! I am starting to rethink that maybe this is far more accurate than I initially thought.. DC, your thoughts?

Browsing around online brought up many more images of the Nautilus with a similar dial color to the Miyota, I guess in certain lighting it is pretty close in color:

XL4iIU.jpg

rzKAGw.jpg

jcBYnz.jpg

5isSBI.jpg

g5tKlN.jpg

Edited by Phantomtech

_DC_

Well the third of the gen pics is a 3800 so a different dial colour altogether (that's the grail of Nautiluses right there)! But aside from that, I do have to concede that there is photographic evidence to suggest the SW200 dial colour is closer to gen, but like you I think most images of gen 5711s online look closer to the Miyota colour with a more green tint!!

Close to gen or not, I prefer it to the SW200 colour, I really wish the rotor wasn't so loud, it sounds like rolling a toy car along a laminate floor.... not a great sound!

DC

Phantomtech

Your right, I didn't realize a 3800 snuck in there oops

Yup rotor is annoying but not terrible on mine..

jelskan

Nice one!

IronBoy

Read in previous threads that someone already did the 21j hands swap but there were no details. Is it a no frills plug and play mod?

Bidle

Well the third of the gen pics is a 3800 so a different dial colour altogether (that's the grail of Nautiluses right there)! But aside from that, I do have to concede that there is photographic evidence to suggest the SW200 dial colour is closer to gen, but like you I think most images of gen 5711s online look closer to the Miyota colour with a more green tint!!

Close to gen or not, I prefer it to the SW200 colour, I really wish the rotor wasn't so loud, it sounds like rolling a toy car along a laminate floor.... not a great sound!

DC

It also depends on the version of the 5711. As they altered the colour slightly to a bit more grey.

Edited by Bidle