Sign in to follow this  
oiltune

Newbie bracelet link removal question

oiltune

Hi,

I have a pair of recently acquired Breitling for Bentley watches, both purchased from a supplier on RWG's trusted list.

I need to remove a couple of links from the bracelets. I've done this many times with cheapo replica watches which just have a slide pin, one end of which is slightly enlarged so that the pin stays (relatively) secure. However, the Breitlings have screws on one end of the adjusting links. I removed the screws OK with a small jewelers driver but I could not budge the link pin.

My question is - from which end should I push the pin, the screw end or the other end. I understand that some bracelets may have this info marked on the inside of the adjusting links - mine do not. I'm reluctant to put too much pressure on the link with my "Hong Kong" blue plastic link removal tool in case something breaks.

The watches look outstanding, unfortunately the bracelets are sized more for my biceps than wrist.

Del

Hello and welcome to RWG :D.

I've never adjusted a Breitling bracelet but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to advise.... :D

debian

you should remove two screws per link and remove the whole link...

KBH

Here's how a Steelfish works. Maybe this will help you. I have no idea if it's the same as B4B.

DSCN2390.jpg

DSCN2392.jpg

DSCN2393.jpg

prestigewatchco

They are not the easiest to adjust and sometimes they need a far bit of elbow to move them

Del
Here's how a Steelfish works. Maybe this will help you. I have no idea if it's the same as B4B.

DSCN2390.jpg

KBH - for my own future knowledge :rofl: .........are the two pins in your photo fixed in the link, i.e. when you pull the lower link section will the pins slide out of the other links?

KBH

They're fixed. Probably just pressure fit but they don't just fall out.

Del
They're fixed. Probably just pressure fit but they don't just fall out.

Thanks KBH, I expect to need this info in the near future :rofl:

oiltune

Kudos to Debian and KBH.

I'd never come across bracelet links which used pairs of pins. Technique was quite simple. Remove both screws from a link side bar and slide off the individual link elements. Reattachment is a little tricky for those of us with pork-sausage fingers but I got it done and the watches in question (Breitling for Bentley and Breitling Bentley Flying :drool: can now be worn without sliding up to my elbow when I raise my hand.

I hope to post photos of these gems in the appropriate forum. Should be good quality photos now that I've read (in the forum, where else?) how to take good quality watch photos.

:):D :D

Balad1

+1