Sign in to follow this  
Aren

"VIP ONLY SECTION / FORUM" ???

Aren

Well, I have been here for over 6 weeks and I am still discovering this forum and the valuable information it holds. After all of this time, I finally discovered there is a VIP Only Section. I didn't know it was there. I am sure it is not a secret, but you non-VIP members can't access it unless you become a VIP. This is well worth the $25 membership fee IMHO. The fee is worth it, even without this special VIP Only Section. You members who aren't VIP supporting members don't know what you are missing.

I do not speak for, nor presume to represent the Adms or mods. I guess this is my pitch because I believe in supporting that which supports me:

If you VIP upgrade now, you not only get to access the VIP Only Section, you also get a second opportunity to post to win a prize in the birthday bash. The Birthday bash is less than a week away...step up boyz and girlz...you know you can...the fee is little over $2 USD per month. The fee is so small it is like a grain of sand on the beach of Allah!

The RWG forum is really worth it guys. I saw this right away and signed up. I didn't intend to be much of a participant here. :D now I see I am listed as an "experienced poster." Postwhore probably and soon to be Troll if I keep it up. It was the addictive 3 Word Story. I couldn't help myself. Post after post after post....I only really have about 50 real posts.

This place saved me lots of anxiety, disappointment, aggravation and loss of my money to scammers. The RWG forum is really worthy of your support. I hope you will join me and other VIP members and contribute here where everyone gives so much...and asks so little.

Love to All and Good luck in the Drawing Everyone! B) :wub: :wub:

P.S. If you don't feel you have the resources right now (and believe me I understand that as well as anyone) then at least bump my post until the Birthday Bash! Thanks ::):

greg_r

:D

Thanks Aren! B)

speedzmaster

I'm a VIP and don't have access to the VIP section.

What and where is it?

sconehead

bumpwhore...:D

Akira

What and where is it?

Maybe you are not wishing hard enough?

Aren

If your comment was directed at me Sconey...Be careful :D ...you don't know what I have done to chumps....I mean chimps in my past. B) yep, bump whore I be.

For the rest of you...

There is a VIP Supporters Only Section, (poorly placed IMO) almost at the bottom of the index page. It is above Section 8 and perhaps in the haste to look at Section 8, the VIP Section has been bypassed or overlooked. Non-VIP members need to know there are things they are missing, but they don't realize it...

It is only accessible to VIP Members!

If you are a VIP member and don't know it is there...Take a look...

I hope the Adm will consider moving this area to the top of the page where it will be prominently placed...also the Trusted Dealer's could more easily place their special offers for VIP's ONLY there instead of defining their discounts and TOS in the regularly posted offers where the non-VIP members get confused and believe themselves to be eligible.

seclark007

HMMMMMMM,

Methinks that our resident 'pen model' :D has got her sights on becoming a mod or something.....

Just kidding, Aren, you make a good point.

S

sconehead
If your comment was directed at me Sconey...Be careful :D ...you don't know what I have done to chumps....I mean chimps in my past. :wub: yep, bump whore I be.

...why that's a lot better than 'experienced member' as a title Aren...:wub:

B)

Aren
HMMMMMMM,

Methinks that our resident 'pen model' :wub: has got her sights on becoming a mod or something.....

Just kidding, Aren, you make a good point.

S

Not interested at all in a mod position. However, I am very interested in the pens... B)... and supporting this forum. I am trying to escape from too much responsibility already. I just want to do my part and hopefully perform a service with this post which makes a contribution and hopefully makes a difference.

@ Sconey :D

Mik

Well, I promised Greg I would upgrade to VIP as soon as I got my first rep, since $25 is nothing compared to what I would lose trying to buy stupid watches from sad sites… B)

(and, in a private note just for us Guys, who can resist the high endorsement of Arenaria) :D

So VIP it is…

PS: Greg, try to get exclusive rights or else the girl might start advertising for other fora

:wub:

Luthier

What and where is it?

No... Just VIP section is not accesible for Tudor lovers...

Luthier
Well, I promised Greg I would upgrade to VIP as soon as I got my first rep, since $25 is nothing compared to what I would lose trying to buy stupid watches from sad sites… B)

(and, in a private note just for us Guys, who can resist the high endorsement of Arenaria) :D

So VIP it is…

PS: Greg, try to get exclusive rights or else the girl might start advertising for other fora

We usually execute triators...

Aren

Speedz...You have been here for almost a year and didn't know it existed...???

This Section needs a more prominent placement. It took me 6 weeks to find it. This is important because this Section should be the incentive to get a VIP membership if you don't know what the actual benefits of membership are?

You know...why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. Non-VIP's don't have the entire picture here, and that Section needs more promotion and use and more prominent placement IMHO.

NILIF...Nothing in Life is Free, but this forum comes awfully close.

I honestly don't know how the Adm and mods do it. Time, energy, responsibility, web hosting, prizes, hand holding newbie guidance assistance services...not to mention the rampant member OCD. You folks are amazing, informative and generous with your time and devotion to this "nut house" You don't even get to participate in the prize drawings...and where does the money come from for those great services and lovely prizes? When you write "RWG needs your support"...that "RWG" means "WE"... all of us! We are supporting ourselves here at the expense of the few. The non-VIP members here just don't realize it. They don't know that they have a free ride. I was welcomed here whether I paid to be a VIP or not. That is the kind of place this is.

Who is going to be paying for the Adms and Mods for the disabilities this forum may cause...chief among them...

Repetitive Question Disorder...

So...bump whore...yep...bump my post PLEEEZZ.

Luthier

GIMME YA MANI, YO, BAZTARD!!!

Greg.

Del
I honestly don't know how the Adm and mods do it. Time, energy, responsibility, web hosting, prizes, hand holding newbie guidance assistance services...not to mention the rampant member OCD. You folks are amazing, informative and generous with your time and devotion to this "nut house" You don't even get to participate in the prize drawings...and where does the money come from for those great services and lovely prizes? When you write "WE need your support"...that "WE" means all of us! We are supporting ourselves here at the expense of the few. The non-VIP members here just don't realize it. They don't know that they have a free ride. I was welcomed here whether I paid to be a VIP or not. That is the kind of place this is.

shnod.gif

Aren
GIMME YA MANI, YO, BAZTARD!!!

Greg.

Luth, you can express yourself your way and I will express myself in mine.

Some people need the scalpel, others need a meat axe.

Happy to be working together Luth.

WebWind

What and where is it?

No... Just VIP section is not accesible for Tudor lovers...

:clap:

Luthier
Luth, you can express yourself your way and I will express myself in mine.

Some people need the scalpel, others need a meat axe.

Happy to be working together Luth.

I have nothing against your ways, dear, just revolutions always were made by axes.

:clap:

greg_r
I honestly don't know how the Adm and mods do it. Time, energy, responsibility, web hosting, prizes, hand holding newbie guidance assistance services...not to mention the rampant member OCD. You folks are amazing, informative and generous with your time and devotion to this "nut house" You don't even get to participate in the prize drawings...and where does the money come from for those great services and lovely prizes?

Answering the last question first - the money for prizes comes from any surplus this board makes from VIP upgrades. We're a non-profit organisation :clap:

As for how we do it - well, honestly, it's an absolute pleasure. You folks make this forum what it is.

greg_r

Oh, and speedz: you DO have access to the VIP subforum - scroll down the board a bit and you'll find it. It's fairly quiet, but it's there :clap:

matseponken

I feel totaly stupid now...but how do you become a VP member?

seclark007
I feel totaly stupid now...but how do you become a VP member?

Mats...send a Private Message to one of the Moderators, they will help you. Greg_r is the man

Aren
I honestly don't know how the Adm and mods do it. Time, energy, responsibility, web hosting, prizes, hand holding newbie guidance assistance services...not to mention the rampant member OCD. You folks are amazing, informative and generous with your time and devotion to this "nut house" You don't even get to participate in the prize drawings...and where does the money come from for those great services and lovely prizes?

Answering the last question first - the money for prizes comes from any surplus this board makes from VIP upgrades. We're a non-profit organisation :D

As for how we do it - well, honestly, it's an absolute pleasure. You folks make this forum what it is.

You guys are amazingly generous and have great devotion to this forum. It is one thing to have a special passion for watches and even more special to have a passion for helping and serving all of the people who want them, buy them, sell them, repair them and wear them. ::huh::

Even though RWG is non-profit it didn't mean you had to give tangibly back to us members. It was a choice. It was a decision to benefit the membership with the gifts in the prize drawing. It is also the generosity of the trusted dealers and members who donated. It is this generosity of spirit and service to others which makes this place so great.

I believe that the energy of an environment trickles down from the top...founders, organizers, managers, or as we call them here Administrators and Moderators. As above, so below. The spirit of good will is pervasive and ripples down through the members and the trusted dealers. It is a sense of community and belonging...family really. Everyone willing to help everyone else. We all need a safe place to exist, operate, share, grow and develop. It needs to be a place of trust, mutual respect, acceptance, understanding and loyal to a code of ethics, even if it sometimes seems a bit fast and loose, it is a bond of fellowship without malice or prejudice.

;);):boobies2: I don't want to lose your attention yet. I find this works.

I realize I am a token here and am grateful to have a semblance of acceptance in such a fine place with all of you. I mean all of you and each of you. Each of you is exceptional in your own way. All of you have been very good to me, helpful, patient and especially kind. You help me to keep my wits about me, make me laugh, make me cry and the full emotional range in between. I can come home from my work and know that I will find a great laugh here with genuine human beings, even if I refer to you affectionately as "my imaginary friends."

I don't have alot to offer here. I don't have knowledge of watches, don't know most of the members, don't really know the dealers or the history of this place. I may not know a genuine watch from a rep, but I know genuine human beings when I am fortunate enough to find them. I have found them here.

Anyway, I wish everyone here a wonderful RWG Birthday...and many, many more. :wave:

OK Where is a Moderator when you need one.... Somebody Stop Me !

alistairw

:notworthy:

You've got my attention Aren!!

seclark007

:popcorn:

Bump