Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Jewelryandwatch.com - MOST EXPENSIVE REPS

JohnG

Anybody know this site - I found this page linked in a gen discussion (they called the guy a "cockroach" so I figured he must be good!). He sells a lot of rep parts cases, etc... I was looking for Omega parts, didn't find any, but these Comex case backs look good to me... RA, you know this guy?

EDIT - here is another supplier of high end vintage Daytona/Rolex reps and parts: http://www.yukiwatch.com/index.html

http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/index1.html

l_dscn5232.jpg

trailboss99

Nice find. I bet the gen mob hate him. He's a franken builders dream!

Col.

greg_r
Anybody know this site - I found this page linked in a gen discussion (they called the guy a "cockroach" so I figured he must be good!). He sells a lot of rep parts cases, etc... I was looking for Omega parts, didn't find any, but these Comex case backs look good to me... RA, you know this guy?

http://www.jewelryandwatch.com/index1.html

Ah - that's Phong. Heard some very good things about him but never used him myself (I'm just too damned idle to build a franken... :):D ). Certainly looks like he has an interesting stock list, for sure.

JohnG

He has the most expensive rep I have ever seen!

Daytona 6239 S.S valjoux 72

6.500,00 $

+Shipping charges

Model 6239, S.S case

Genuine valjoux 72 conversion 722

Custom case, custom engraving

Genuine crown, Tube and crystal

36 mm bezel 300, Gununie pushers

after market dial Paul newman

Stainless steel grade 316

1 year warranty,

l_6240-1.jpg

l_6240-2.jpg

l_6240-4.jpg

l_6240-5.jpg

JohnG

Rep vintage Sea-Dweller: $5,500

l_dscn0568.jpg

l_dscn0571.jpg

greg_r

Yup - I believe he builds reps using lots of gen parts - including movements where possible. I'll admit I don't really see the point of spending that kinda dough on a rep - no matter how many gen parts - but there ya go...

trailboss99

Eeeeeks!

Love the 'tona but OMFG! What's the MVT worth, any idea? I think the gen may be just a little more tho!

You would think he could do beter than a "Hong Kong" strap mind you.

I can understand the gen crowd being upset at the SD. It's perfect. That's the sort of thing that gets sold as a gen to some poor sod. How would you know?

I'm hardly a WIS on vintage SDs but I see no tells at all. The only way would be to chk the serial # with Rolex. Not cheap but the gen is tens of thousands isn't it? I bet he does a mean DRSD and they fetch 50Gs plus nowdays. More I think.A true artiste.

Col.

greg_r

Yeah, the gen is a LOT more, but still. OUCH!!!!!

JohnG
Eeeeeks!

Love the 'tona but OMFG! What's the MVT worth, any idea?

He sells it separately:

Valjoux 722 Movement

3.500,00 $

+Shipping charges

greg_r
Eeeeeks!

Love the 'tona but OMFG! What's the MVT worth, any idea?

He sells it separately:

Valjoux 722 Movement

3.500,00 $

+Shipping charges

Bargain. I'll have two.

:D

trailboss99

I say again, Eeeeeks!

Lovely MVT tho. It would wanna be!

I know bugger all about 'tonas, this is an early one? I didn't think the PNs were that old yet it's a handwind. Was the gen?

Deserves a display back realy.

Hey do you get the Gray and Sons catalog? Comes out every mth with 2 to 3 hundred pre owned gens in it from $600 to $60,000.

They mail world wide for free. Just got the new one. Remember that Briet Bently GT somone found on the bay from the ise scate guy for 80 grand? Only 10 of?

Theres one in here for $47.500. Guess he is dreaming!

Col.

onzenuub

It is only a Rolex gentlemen, nothing more as a Rolex.

JohnG

Whoops, he DOES have more expensive reps:

2499 Chronograph Moon phase

15.500,00 $

+Shipping charges

2499 Chronograph, custom made case

18kt yellow or Pink gold, Valjoux 23 Conversion

Nice moon phase, chronograph, Triple date

High quality made, excellent quality work,

Lead-time 8 weeks and $2000.00 deposit required.

bank wire only.

l_2499-2%20big.jpg

2499-5small.jpg

2499-6%20small.jpg

onzenuub

Now, that is a beauty.

trailboss99

Holey crap! no wonder they hate him!

'tis very nice tho.

greg_r

Whoa.... that's quite something. Mind you, for that price it needs to be...

RolexAddict

Yes I know this guy, "Phong"

The concept is not so bad,

For vintage Daytonas for exemple,

1)_he has -I don't know the source- good cases with dissimetrical pushers and good dials with the correct sub-dials spacing and diameter.

2)_he uses Valjoux and other modified Chinese movements with gen engraved Rolex spiral bridges added. In fact he plays mixing gen and rep movement parts. It works fine.

Prices are not to bad -not for us, as we knows about fakes and scammers- but the world is full of stupid rich people who don't mind about prices

Never forget, here in Paris, prices for a gen 6263 or 6239, with classic dial or exotic dial are starting at 30.000 euros up to 150.000 euros

There is a market for this concept, this guy gave me some inspiration, I have sold one of my rep vintage Daytona with slight mods for 1.000 euros. Amateur, but a good start.

The modded 1675 GMT Master I had with me in Hawaii was positive pressure tested at 200 meters, normaly gen Rolex GMT's are proofed for 100 meters... I have sold this super waterproof GMT 1.400 euros

Now, I am quite sure in Paris some of Rolex vintage collector shops knows Phong's company... I was banned from a lot of french collectors forums when I mentionned Jewlery&watch website, I suppose I was disturbing a slice of the business here, I think so

Edited by RolexAddict

JohnG

Great info RA - I think it is pretty cool. More than I would ever spend - I wouldn't wear one of those even if they were gen (they are just too much watch for me), but it is neat to see the work of a master counterfeiter...

JohnG

Here is another supplier of high end vintage Daytona/Rolex reps and parts: http://www.yukiwatch.com/index.html

RolexAddict

John, YUKIWATCH is excellent ! I was close to buy a GMT dial from Phong... this from Yuki is 3 time cheaper and looks better and is sold with a hands set and free shipped !!!

RIMG0024.jpg

They have also double red SD dials !!! with "singer" engraved at the back, this was the Swiss factory who made these dials for Rolex

This is the last news letter I got from J&Watches

Feb_2009-1.jpg

The first pic on the top left shows a 40mm 6263 P.Newman with a new SS bezel ring... speed scale up to 300km/h...

Just to giveyou a idea of the gen prices here,

TA02.jpg

This is a shop close to my home, I often walk in to have a look

The link, you can check prices for gen Patek, Rlx, Panerai etc;;

http://www.timeaddict.com/fr/index.cfm

Here its possible to develop a new market with that kind of expensive rep concept. Some collectors knows its not gen, but they accept it and buy a 100% "looks like a gen" for cheaper

JohnG

Yup - if I had big bucks I would buy one of these - they are not mere "reps" or even "reproductions" - they are works of art! Very very cool...

I may be doing my own super-franken Omega soon (or not-so-super if compared to these) - I will know tomorrow if things work out tomorrow....

trailboss99

Yep, not realy a rep. More of the real thing at a fraction of the price. Gray&sons have a nice example of that vintage sub for only $48,000.

Nice BCE TT, white MOP dial, box and papers for you John. It's a little more affordable, $4,200.

Col.