Sign in to follow this  
_jonte

Review of a PAM104 from PWC

_jonte

Hi all,

I've had my PAM104 for a few weeks now. Just a great watch and I like it very much. Bought it from Robert at PWC (PAM104 at PWC), with an extra rubber strap which I think look much better than the original leather one. First some pictures and then some comments.

Watch a bit dusty and pics taken with a standard compact camera...

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

Pic of a gen for comparison...

15_11_pam_00104_c.JPG

So down to business! :)

Overall:

The watch in general is really nice. Great feel of quality both in build and details. Some things differ from gen, but other than being slightly off from gen there's really nothing to complain about.

Case:

The watch is very heavy, which is the first like_gen tell. A big chunk of steel has been put into this watch. Nice polish with no scratches. On a closer inspection though you will that it is not 1:1 to gen. Small differences in the geometry, but nothing that bothers me.

Case-back:

Nice, but a bit off to gen. Nothing special either way.

Crown guard:

CG is not as good as case but nice enough. Seem slightly to small both in width and hight, but that is just a "feel" and I can't be sure of it just by looking at pictures. Simply not 1:1 to gen. Crown is pretty nice and fat, but not perfect. The lever is ok; fits nicely but feels a bit weak and small compared to gen. Edges too sharp and it gets wiggly when released. Pin is ok, but top is rounded...

Dial and hands:

Quality and detail are excellent, but some things are off to gen. Some things are obvious in the pics, for instance the "L SWISS MADE L" which is separated around the 6. Should be below. The hands look nice but are too short compared to gen. The numbers are a bit yellow'ish, not sure about gen appearance there(?). Datewheel unfortunately is sunken and with incorrect font. Plus some general differences in sizing and placement on the dial. But still very nice! Lume pretty bad, didn't even bother taking pics of it... :popcorn:

Movement:

It fits a A7750, not sure about BPH though. Pretty loud ticking, which I like, and a perfect time-keeper. Odd thing though is that the DW didn't work for the first few days. Almost sent it back. But after giving it some "exercise", it started working. Maybe something jammed it at first? Power reserve only last for little over a day, which is unfortunate.

Glass:

Sapphire with a little AR, I'm guessing. Not sure. A slight blue'ish, purple'ish radial hue. Really nice though, but the magnifier over the DW is too small.

Strap:

Came with a brown leather strap. Ok quality but I didn't like the colour and feel of it. Luckily I also ordered a rubber strap, which is excellent. The quick release buckle was really sharp on the edges, but that was an easy fix.

Comments:

- Well of course a great watch to a great price (compared to other sellers), thanks Robert!

- Some things off to gen, but nothing that really bothers me. First thing on my fix_list would be a better DW though. And maybe a better CG lever and pin.

- Great service from Robert, both when purchasing and when DW didn't work at first. Robert offered to replace it without hesitation. Luckily it started working.

- Slightly worried about the movement, mainly since the DW problem, but also since it is very loud and that the power reserve doesn't last very long (much friction?)

Bottom line, I love it! :D

Edited by _jonte

nunu78

Look really nice and smart with rubber strap, wear it well.