Sign in to follow this  
Marty Mcfly

First time buyer - need advice!

Marty Mcfly

Hi everyone, I have decided to get a nice watch, but I think the price of top range watches are ridiculous, so I would much rather wear a high quality replica and put the money I have saved to a much better use. However, I have a few questions first:

1. I don't know much about watches, so I need suggestions for which watch to go for. Ideally I want something that is expensive and looks great and is well recognized as an outstanding watch.

2. I have seen a lot of sites selling watches, but I don't know which one to trust, so can you guys tell me which site meets the following criteria: a. Fair prices. b. High quality work and c. Secure?

3. I live in the UK, will the watches be okay to get through customs (after I have ordered them)? If this is an issue, I might need the site in (2.) to be a UK based site

4. Finally, are these highly quality replicas visually any different from the genuine watches? Can they be spotted as fakes by someone just looking at them?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

alistairw

Mate, this is a wonderful forum, to be brutally honest you are lucky to have found it.

Take the time, read the trusted dealers feedback section, have a good look the general discussion area.

Check the photos of watches purchased from the dealers, this will help narrow down exactly what you want.

As long as you stick with the trusted dealers noted on this forum you will be rewarded with

some of the most sensational Rep's available.

Good luck and enjoy the experience.

Brightlight

Alistair's advice is good. It is impossible to recommend a rep to you as everyone has different taste and you will get different ideas from different members. This is something you have to make up your own mind on, coupled with research on the forum to find what is the best version of the watches you fancy.

UK customs are virtually no problem, they are not interested in the odd rep coming through. Also most if not all of the recommended dealers will replace a watch seized by customs. If you don't want to face this admittedly very minor risk there are a couple of dealers in UK.

Can reps be spotted by just looking at them? Most no, though some will say they can spot a fake at 100 yards (I'm not a great believer of this, you normally need a close up inspection through a loupe or other magnifier to spot the differences). Also probably 99% of the general public know little about watches and won't even notice what you wear! Having said that, some reps are better than others in the accuracy stakes. Ultimately the only way to get 100% accuracy is to buy a gen.

turnipz

Search for "New Week Wrist-Check" in the search bar, this will give you some ideas on nice looking watches.

Marty Mcfly
Mate, this is a wonderful forum, to be brutally honest you are lucky to have found it.

Take the time, read the trusted dealers feedback section, have a good look the general discussion area.

Check the photos of watches purchased from the dealers, this will help narrow down exactly what you want.

As long as you stick with the trusted dealers noted on this forum you will be rewarded with

some of the most sensational Rep's available.

Good luck and enjoy the experience.

Thanks mate, from what I have seen this looks like the a great place for learning about reps.

Alistair's advice is good. It is impossible to recommend a rep to you as everyone has different taste and you will get different ideas from different members. This is something you have to make up your own mind on, coupled with research on the forum to find what is the best version of the watches you fancy.

UK customs are virtually no problem, they are not interested in the odd rep coming through. Also most if not all of the recommended dealers will replace a watch seized by customs. If you don't want to face this admittedly very minor risk there are a couple of dealers in UK.

Can reps be spotted by just looking at them? Most no, though some will say they can spot a fake at 100 yards (I'm not a great believer of this, you normally need a close up inspection through a loupe or other magnifier to spot the differences). Also probably 99% of the general public know little about watches and won't even notice what you wear! Having said that, some reps are better than others in the accuracy stakes. Ultimately the only way to get 100% accuracy is to buy a gen.

Thanks. You live in the UK? Which dealers have you used and recommend?

As for choosing a watch, I'm not so fussed, I just want to have a nice piece of jewelery to wear. I actually do have a genuine Rolex, but I only wear it on special occasions as I don't want to risk it getting damaged. Obviously, if a few hundred pounds rep is damaged it is far less devastating than a few thousand pound real thing.

Which watches do you guys have? So far, I like the look of the 'Yachtmaster' and 'Submariner' watches, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, what kind of prices do the genuine ones retail for?

Thanks for the help and the warm welcome everyone and sorry for the noob questions :notworthy:.

nunu78

Robert aka Prestige watchco is my dealer of choice,best possible price and gr8 service .

JohnG

This is the watch 95% of noobs buy as their first rep:

Rolex14060M-Submariner-DSC_0067a800wjbw007.jpg

greg_r

Welcome to RWG!

One thing you do not have to worry about is Customs. UK Customs are the most rep-friendly in the world - unless you're bringing replica goods through in quantity (i.e. for resale) you should be perfectly safe :notworthy:

Luthier
Tristan123

Hi As you will see i am a newbie too, on here,, but sinking into the rep world fast

i have found this page a real help in picking watches as its a page full of existing members telling you which reps are the ones that they would pick,,

great place to start..

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=4967

take your time and absorb

Tristan

Marty Mcfly
Robert aka Prestige watchco is my dealer of choice,best possible price and gr8 service .

Can you post me a link please? I found a lot of legit sites get ripped off by dodgy ones.

This is the watch 95% of noobs buy as their first rep:

Rolex14060M-Submariner-DSC_0067a800wjbw007.jpg

What watch is that? Why do noobs buy it? Is it any good?

Hi As you will see i am a newbie too, on here,, but sinking into the rep world fast

i have found this page a real help in picking watches as its a page full of existing members telling you which reps are the ones that they would pick,,

great place to start..

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=4967

take your time and absorb

Tristan

Thanks buddy.

Fiddo
What watch is that? Why do noobs buy it? Is it any good?

Thanks buddy.

That's a Rolex Submariner......without the date. The Rolex Sub is quite popular and much requested. Although, much more prevalent in the date version.

Member X

What sort of budget have you got now? And in the longer term?

There are a lot of good 'budget' reps under $150, even more up to $300-$350, and you can spend $700+ on some watches (Tourbillons, Hublot Big Bangs (HBBs), Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshores (AP ROOs), a WM9/BK Rolex Yachtmaster)...

Stick to the Trusted Dealer List on here as they can get virtually all the reps available, and you won't get scammed!

Marty Mcfly

There are a lot of good 'budget' reps under $150, even more up to $300-$350, and you can spend $700+ on some watches (Tourbillons, Hublot Big Bangs (HBBs), Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshores (AP ROOs), a WM9/BK Rolex Yachtmaster)...

Stick to the Trusted Dealer List on here as they can get virtually all the reps available, and you won't get scammed!

Hi, I'm flexible with budget. I guess, realistically, I wouldn't want to spend much over £1000. I was thinking £200 ($350) would be a reasonable amount to spend.

Can you give me a link to where I can find the reputable sites that will deliver to the UK? I'm really nervous about getting ripped off and from what you guys have said, it seems that the rip-off merchants are rife.

Brightlight

Hi, I'm flexible with budget. I guess, realistically, I wouldn't want to spend much over £1000. I was thinking £200 ($350) would be a reasonable amount to spend.

Can you give me a link to where I can find the reputable sites that will deliver to the UK? I'm really nervous about getting ripped off and from what you guys have said, it seems that the rip-off merchants are rife.

Marty, do some research and look at the recommended dealers here on the forum, they will all ship to the UK. There is virtually no risk in getting a rep through UK customs from anywhere. Not all of the recommended dealers have websites, you contact them with whatever watch you are looking for or see what is on offer via their section here. If you use a recommended dealer you will not get ripped off, and in the event of any problems the mods will help. Use someone else and you're on your own.

Mystery Shopper

Mate, all the trusted dealers in the 'Collector's Zone' of the main menu will deliver to the UK. Narikaa is UK based (when he is not in SE Asia stocking up) and many members have ordered from these dealers. Each dealer has a feedback section where members send in information of how their recent orders went and their satisfaction with the delivered product. I order most of my watches from PWC,

Have a read and I'm sure you will find something you like. Incidentally, my first purchase was a Brietling Superocean steelfish from PWC. Happy Shopping. :thumbsup2:

Harry_Worth

Hi Marty,

Welcome to the 'sweet shop'. I'm a Newbie here too plus I'm based in the UK. I've purchased a few watches - no problems with customs so far. The guys here are amazingly knowledgeable and helpful.

The watch that's been quoted as a typical Newb purchase, 'The Rolex Submariner' is a watch I own but the twist being that mine is a gen. (bought new for £712.00 some years ago - found the receipt recently)

I purchased a Rolex Milgauss Rep. from Robert at PWC. I put the two watches side by side and quite frankly I don't think that if I didn't know I would have been able to differentiate between them as to which was the rep. ( The experienced guys here I'm sure could tell instantly but not a newb like me) The play in the Rep's bracelet was far less than in the gen so maybe I would have been swayed towards my gen being the rep. Sad thing is that the mate I got the Milgauss for had always thought my watch was a rep. I've always loved the design of the none date submariner and have just purchased a Vintage rep from Lay at Replicamake

Enjoy - as I've found - you won't go far wrong sticking with the trusted dealers here and you'll soon be completely hooked (if you aren't already)

Best regards

Harry

bt3100

Some Great Dealers on the trusted list.

I have been Dealing with Mary. She is excellent, responsive and sells quality product!

I know others have had great great experiences with others on the list.

Marty Mcfly
Hi Marty,

Welcome to the 'sweet shop'. I'm a Newbie here too plus I'm based in the UK. I've purchased a few watches - no problems with customs so far. The guys here are amazingly knowledgeable and helpful.

The watch that's been quoted as a typical Newb purchase, 'The Rolex Submariner' is a watch I own but the twist being that mine is a gen. (bought new for £712.00 some years ago - found the receipt recently)

I purchased a Rolex Milgauss Rep. from Robert at PWC. I put the two watches side by side and quite frankly I don't think that if I didn't know I would have been able to differentiate between them as to which was the rep. ( The experienced guys here I'm sure could tell instantly but not a newb like me) The play in the Rep's bracelet was far less than in the gen so maybe I would have been swayed towards my gen being the rep. Sad thing is that the mate I got the Milgauss for had always thought my watch was a rep. I've always loved the design of the none date submariner and have just purchased a Vintage rep from Lay at Replicamake

Enjoy - as I've found - you won't go far wrong sticking with the trusted dealers here and you'll soon be completely hooked (if you aren't already)

Best regards

Harry

Hi Harry, thanks for the help, mate. I really like the Rolex Milgauss, I think I will go for this one. I suck at computers / internet, where is the site you got it from?

Edit: I looked in the reccomended dealers but I can't find a link to the bloody site. I want to get the Milgauss, but I can't find any link to buy it, someone please post me one, will be much appreciated.

Edited by Marty Mcfly

Member X

Robert does not have a website other than a page that takes you to an order form! The link should be in the listing for the watch :huh:

Fill in the form with all the details of what watch you want and how you want it shipped, and he will email you the price and how to pay. It may be via Alertpay so you might need to set an account up on that, but it's not too hard to do ^_^ Feel free to ask questions on here if you get stuck!

When you pay, do NOT mention watches or any reference of any kind - leave any reference boxes blank!

(This is true for all the dealers!!)

Once you have paid (with no reference ;)) you then email Robert on the address he gives you in the payment instructions email. You tell him what you've ordered, what you've paid, and your address details, and he will get it sent out as soon as he can B)

Marty Mcfly
Robert does not have a website other than a page that takes you to an order form! The link should be in the listing for the watch :huh:

Fill in the form with all the details of what watch you want and how you want it shipped, and he will email you the price and how to pay. It may be via Alertpay so you might need to set an account up on that, but it's not too hard to do ^_^ Feel free to ask questions on here if you get stuck!

When you pay, do NOT mention watches or any reference of any kind - leave any reference boxes blank!

(This is true for all the dealers!!)

Once you have paid (with no reference ;)) you then email Robert on the address he gives you in the payment instructions email. You tell him what you've ordered, what you've paid, and your address details, and he will get it sent out as soon as he can B)

Why no reference, sorry if this is a dumb question? Can you link me to where I can find the form? How long do orders usually take? It all sounds a little complex.

Luthier

It IS a dumb question. Because selling replicas is illegal!!!

Marty Mcfly
It IS a dumb question. Because selling replicas is illegal!!!

Lol, my bad. I thought it was a gray area. Got it, no reference!!! I just don't want to get ripped off, and, considering selling reps is illegal (although not immoral, imho) I'm sure there are some shady characters about (no offense to the legit sellers).

Luthier

Yeah, if you'd go to scam sites, you'd be ripped off immediately. Our TRUSTED dealers are TRUSTED, because we dealing withy them for years, and we have brotherly/sisterly love to our Holy Dealers.

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse Marty. Check out the newbie link in my signature. It will save you a lot of time and some cash as well.

:huh: