Sign in to follow this  
rusty peters

New Blackbird from Toro

rusty peters

The pearl is surprisingly good. No outies here and it is perfectly centered. The second day of wearing was enough to make two of the bezel screws loose. Blue loctite took care of it. I hope this watch lasts. I really like it.

cvp3

A beauty to be sure. Ordered the same with deployment + Daytona MK6 and the UN blue surf on bracelet. QC's look nice and Toro has never let me down.

gixxerjunkie

Was gonna get it from Toro, after QC pics of three different Blackbirds I gave up, the pearl was off on all of them :(

But I do like it still very much :D

rusty peters

How about the indices at 12:00? I am in the middle of a brushed stainless saga right now. I approved a watch then was sent another picture a day later to approve. I rejected it but was told that it already shipped. I am curious to see what comes.

Dorian84

does anybody know how the A7750 sec@3 holds up? Any serious issues ?

I really like the polished version but am afraid to buy it.I did however read something about the extra gears on the sec@3 being correctly applied...

Edited by Dorian84

rusty peters

Mine has survived a few weeks. Buy with confidence!

I have read that they aren't too bad either. The big date is not going to help matters though.

repcurious

I got this very same watch, although with the deployment clasp and a different strap. It is my first replica.

Anyhow, here are my impressions:

PROS: Overall build quality; good strap, snug claps.

CONS: The lume pip is a bit loose and at a slight angle; the two numbers of the date dial are slightly off center from each other, the right slightly lower than the left. The bezel screws aren't screw - they just push in and are a bit loose but hard to get out to glue.

Overall I'm mixed. As I said, it is my first replica so I wasn't sure what to expect. It is a weird contrast between high quality build and accuracy of styling, and the cons above that make it almost a throwaway watch. Is this typical of replicas?

chrish8

CONS: The lume pip is a bit loose and at a slight angle; the two numbers of the date dial are slightly off center from each other, the right slightly lower than the left. The bezel screws aren't screw - they just push in and are a bit loose but hard to get out to glue.

Overall I'm mixed. As I said, it is my first replica so I wasn't sure what to expect. It is a weird contrast between high quality build and accuracy of styling, and the cons above that make it almost a throwaway watch. Is this typical of replicas?

I would venture to say for a $200 watch you got a fair deal. As I am sure you have read in the noob section every rep watch is going to have its flaws no matter what you say or how much you pay for it. If you are overall happy with it then be happy as the only way to get rid of those flaws is to buy a gen

repcurious

I would venture to say for a $200 watch you got a fair deal. As I am sure you have read in the noob section every rep watch is going to have its flaws no matter what you say or how much you pay for it. If you are overall happy with it then be happy as the only way to get rid of those flaws is to buy a gen

Thanks. I was planning on buying Noob Omega Planet Ocean 42mm ceramic, which seem to be one of the better reps out there. But I wouldn't want to spend the $400 (with shipping) for a watch with as noticeable flaws as this Breitling. Any thoughts on that? Or are the flaws on the Noob PO generally less noticeable?

GenTLe

You should do your homework: read the reviews in the appropriate section, compare the pics on dealer site with the gen ones, look the lume pics to understand how it is etc etc.

repcurious

You should do your homework: read the reviews in the appropriate section, compare the pics on dealer site with the gen ones, look the lume pics to understand how it is etc etc.

Yes, I have. Part of doing "homework" is asking questions on a forum.

chrish8

Actually part of doing your *homework" is reading and learning on your own. If you did you would of has your answer

rusty peters

Repcurious. This is somewhat normal. You are doing fine in your research. These are built to look the part but cannot come close to the quality of the gen. Please don't use the chronograph.

I have had rep bracelets fall apart in my hands and seen some shoddily applied dial details.

chrish8

............ I was planning on buying Noob Omega Planet Ocean 42mm ceramic, which seem to be one of the better reps out there. But I wouldn't want to spend the $400 (with shipping) for a watch with as noticeable flaws as this Breitling. Any thoughts on that? Or are the flaws on the Noob PO generally less noticeable?

Repcurious. This is somewhat normal. You are doing fine in your research. These are built to look the part but cannot come close to the quality of the gen. Please don't use the chronograph.

I have had rep bracelets fall apart in my hands and seen some shoddily applied dial details.

^^^^^ this remember chances are you are paying 10% or less of the gen price so don't expect it to be gen like. There will be flaws heck you might even get one DOA. all things that can be corrected but if you can not accept those flaws go for the GEN and you wont have any issues.

Paulw100

Seeing this has triggered a reaction they call impulse!

Emailing Toro this afternoon to purchase .... fingers crossed!