Sign in to follow this  
booblah4123

Where to get a good rep tourbillon

Dendo

Come on - they are pretty...what is all this negativity about, at Christmas no less!

IMG_6521.jpg

SackOHammers

No, not really. You said and I quote, "moreover, you have to consider that sporting a 100k$ (minumum) watch, it is not for all..." and SOH said, "A tourby Breguet, JLC, V.C. gen are very expensive. I don't roll that heavy in life so I don't feel comfortable wearing."

So I was pointing out that you can buy a gen tourby for many, many thousands less :lol:

Kcore, you're getting lost in the thick of it. There is nothing wrong with your gen tourby in the $1,000 range. I'm not discounting that at all. Go back and look at the flow of the thread. OP was linking a couple things. Then I linked a couple things and said ultimately I chose not to buy those things (specific links of specific reps on a specific site). I wasn't going to go into detail why they weren't for me. But then after 2-3 people directly asked why I didn't buy those rep tourby watches, I gave reasons for me not buying those rep tourby watches. You're kind of bringing some confusion into the conversation when you question why I wouldn't want to buy the same type of lower cost genuine tourbillon you happen to have purchased and enjoy.

SackOHammers

Kcore, let me add, it's all good, dude. I like your gen. And I hope you don't think my post above was disrespectful. I'm direct sometimes when I try to sort out confusion.

Kcore
Kcore, let me add, it's all good, dude. I like your gen. And I hope you don't think my post above was disrespectful. I'm direct sometimes when I try to sort out confusion.

Not at all, no worries, it's all good. And now those that only thought a gen Tourby must cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, know there are gen's for a lot less.

mauricio612

Intime recently had a good tourbillon for about $300 or so on sale. . Then I started researching tourbillons, comparing reps to gens, and reading about tourbys in reps.... and in the end decided that I just didn't want to do it. One of those things, to me, looked like a great idea at first..... but then after reading and research decided that it just wasn't for me.

http://www.intime.co/164-breguet?p=2

http://www.intime.co...ach-constantine

Would you explain what led you to that conclusion?

Probably because the moment you have a problem with them, you will find no one that will be willing to put his hands in such a complicated mechanism. And, moreover, you have to consider that sporting a 100k$ (minumum) watch, it is not for all...

I understand your point of view but I see things differently. I think it's a blessing that the chinese makers are giving poor people the opportunity to buy watches with this mechanism.

It is great that however complicated the mecanism can be, they still want to replicate it. That means they will always be up to date no matter what swiss manufacturers do to innovate.

Most people don't know what a tourbillon is and have no idea they are 6 figure watches.

GenTLe

Intime recently had a good tourbillon for about $300 or so on sale. . Then I started researching tourbillons, comparing reps to gens, and reading about tourbys in reps.... and in the end decided that I just didn't want to do it. One of those things, to me, looked like a great idea at first..... but then after reading and research decided that it just wasn't for me.

http://www.intime.co/164-breguet?p=2

http://www.intime.co...ach-constantine

Would you explain what led you to that conclusion?

Probably because the moment you have a problem with them, you will find no one that will be willing to put his hands in such a complicated mechanism. And, moreover, you have to consider that sporting a 100k$ (minumum) watch, it is not for all...

I understand your point of view but I see things differently. I think it's a blessing that the chinese makers are giving poor people the opportunity to buy watches with this mechanism.

It is great that however complicated the mecanism can be, they still want to replicate it. That means they will always be up to date no matter what swiss manufacturers do to innovate.

Most people don't know what a tourbillon is and have no idea they are 6 figure watches.

Oh, I think differently too! The IWC tourbillon mystere (rep!) will be mine sooner or later ;)

Jayums

".... I think it's a blessing that the chinese makers are giving poor people the opportunity to buy watches with this mechanism".

Oh man... I'm poor :(