Sign in to follow this  
booblah4123

Where to get a good rep tourbillon

booblah4123

I have to say, I can stare at the movement forever regardless where it was made... but I can't find any! Seems like they're all out of production at the TD's. Anyone got any ideas or clues?

Simms

Are you sure the TD's are out? Did you actually contact them one by one or did you simply browse the sites? They can usually find almost anything and if they can't its because it's not worth getting

booblah4123

I contacted a few and they said that manufacturers do not make them anymore - maybe the demand was too low?

Daywatch

Hi, just to mention a tourbillon will cost from $650 to $850 plus shipping except when on sale. Intime is a reliable TD next door and had some on sale last week if Asian7750, Toro or Trusty don´t have any. Watchfinder also can get You one, almost sure if You are willing to spend that much.

Simms

I never tried to buy one so I wouldn't know about demand. I know that usualy they are extremely expensive compared to other reps. im not sure if anybody else has heard anything?

GenTLe

I'm pretty sure the good AP Royal Oak 15400 tourby are available. Same for the JLC (but that's a fantasy model).

See http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=82897

submarinerblue

There are a number of faux tourbillons listed by TDs. If they don't carry them anymore try aliexpress and search under "Tourbillon watch".

Cubic Hare

Hi,

I picked up one of these in silver/black. feels really solid and I stare at it too. cheap as chips..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2012-Free-shipping-Eye-catching-Men-s-Elegant-Man-Black-Auto-Mechanical-Date-Tourbillon-Mens-Wrist/554822790.html

Cheers

Gazzla

Hi,

I picked up one of these in silver/black. feels really solid and I stare at it too. cheap as chips..

http://www.aliexpres.../554822790.html

Cheers

Not a tourbillon. Open heart.

Markrfc

cwazy had one for sale recently An IWC

Bidle

Also you can search for a Carrousel. It's the same principle but a lot more common and not so expensive. Also a joy to look at and to be found as cheaper gen brands. Last year I acquired one from a project on WUS.

Here is mine, not completely my style, but still nice to look at:

14733519572_ec580d0cce_b.jpg

Sea-Gull ST8000 limited 2012 WUS 05 by Bidle, on Flickr

Edit:

Here the only watch with a Tourbillion and Carrousel from Blancpain. It gives you a good understanding of the difference between the two complications. Many watch enthousiast can't keep them apart. :)

talk-of-the-town-blancpain-tourbillon-carrousel_1_1.jpg

Edited by Bidle

Nikohublot

What models are not aviable at TD??

mauricio612

Also you can search for a Carrousel. It's the same principle but a lot more common and not so expensive. Also a joy to look at and to be found as cheaper gen brands.

Edit:

Here the only watch with a Tourbillion and Carrousel from Blancpain. It gives you a good understanding of the difference between the two complications. Many watch enthousiast can't keep them apart. :)

Oh my Lord! This is the most beautiful watch I have ever seen

Tourbillon AND Caroussel in the same watch, this is crazy!!! Thanks for posting this picture

GenTLe

I think this is a WELL made video to explain the differences:

northantsrich

I was thinking the same

SackOHammers

Intime recently had a good tourbillon for about $300 or so on sale. That model is now gone, but they have similar. I almost bought one. Then I started researching tourbillons, comparing reps to gens, and reading about tourbys in reps.... and in the end decided that I just didn't want to do it. One of those things, to me, looked like a great idea at first..... but then after reading and research decided that it just wasn't for me.

http://www.intime.co/164-breguet?p=2

http://www.intime.co/174-vach-constantine

northantsrich
Intime recently had a good tourbillon for about $300 or so on sale. That model is now gone, but they have similar. I almost bought one. Then I started researching tourbillons, comparing reps to gens, and reading about tourbys in reps.... and in the end decided that I just didn't want to do it. One of those things, to me, looked like a great idea at first..... but then after reading and research decided that it just wasn't for me.

http://www.intime.co/174-vach-constantine

Why what's wrong with the rep ones?

mauricio612

Intime recently had a good tourbillon for about $300 or so on sale. . Then I started researching tourbillons, comparing reps to gens, and reading about tourbys in reps.... and in the end decided that I just didn't want to do it. One of those things, to me, looked like a great idea at first..... but then after reading and research decided that it just wasn't for me.

http://www.intime.co...ach-constantine

Would you explain what led you to that conclusion?

black263

Also you can search for a Carrousel. It's the same principle but a lot more common and not so expensive. Also a joy to look at and to be found as cheaper gen brands.

Edit:

Oh my Lord! This is the most beautiful watch I have ever seen

Tourbillon AND Caroussel in the same watch, this is crazy!!! Thanks for posting this picture

Why would you put two different regulators in the same watch? And how do you keep them exactly in step? My brain hurts.

GenTLe

Intime recently had a good tourbillon for about $300 or so on sale. . Then I started researching tourbillons, comparing reps to gens, and reading about tourbys in reps.... and in the end decided that I just didn't want to do it. One of those things, to me, looked like a great idea at first..... but then after reading and research decided that it just wasn't for me.

http://www.intime.co...ach-constantine

Would you explain what led you to that conclusion?

Probably because the moment you have a problem with them, you will find no one that will be willing to put his hands in such a complicated mechanism. And, moreover, you have to consider that sporting a 100k$ (minumum) watch, it is not for all...

Kcore

McJules who is a TD ( Bond Tailored Straps) here has a beautiful Breguet Torby for sale.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=111545

I wouldn't be put off from owning a Tourby. I have a gen Minorva Regulateur and love it! I've owned it for about 2 years and haven't had any issues.

Minorva2_zpsgowjntwj.jpg

SackOHammers

Probably because the moment you have a problem with them, you will find no one that will be willing to put his hands in such a complicated mechanism. And, moreover, you have to consider that sporting a 100k$ (minumum) watch, it is not for all...

Yes, those are two important of the several reasons that I decided it wasn't for me.

1) Maintenance. And also doing some fine research on the various Asian tourbys out there and which ones these are sporting.

2) A tourby Breguet, JLC, V.C. gen are very expensive. I don't roll that heavy in life so I don't feel comfortable wearing.

3) I looked at a gen tourby next to these Asian clone tourby's. They look silly to me now. On their own, just looking at the replicas, of course they look neat and cool. But after looking enough at the real thing, I'd feel disappointed everytime I looked at my wrist and saw the rep.

4) A few other non-tangibles that just come down to personal feeling.

I satisfied my desire for something like this by getting something very close to this:

Kcore

Yes, those are two important of the several reasons that I decided it wasn't for me.

1) Maintenance. And also doing some fine research on the various Asian tourbys out there and which ones these are sporting.

2) A tourby Breguet, JLC, V.C. gen are very expensive. I don't roll that heavy in life so I don't feel comfortable wearing.

3) I looked at a gen tourby next to these Asian clone tourby's. They look silly to me now. On their own, just looking at the replicas, of course they look neat and cool. But after looking enough at the real thing, I'd feel disappointed everytime I looked at my wrist and saw the rep.

I satisfied my desire for something like this by getting something very close to this:

I don't get why you both find it necessary to only look at and compare the cost of a rep tourby ( Breguet, JLC, VC, etc) to their gen tourby version in the $100+K range when there are gen tourbys for a lot less.

My Minorva is a gen flying regulateur tourby that can be had for less than $1K on sale.

GenTLe

I don't get why you both find it necessary to only look at and compare the cost of a rep tourby ( Breguet, JLC, VC, etc) to their gen tourby version in the $100+K range when there are gen tourbys for a lot less.

My Minorva is a gen flying regulateur tourby that can be had for less than $1K on sale.

Probably because we are speaking about reps ;)

Kcore

Probably because we are speaking about reps ;)

No, not really. You said and I quote, "moreover, you have to consider that sporting a 100k$ (minumum) watch, it is not for all..." and SOH said, "A tourby Breguet, JLC, V.C. gen are very expensive. I don't roll that heavy in life so I don't feel comfortable wearing."

So I was pointing out that you can buy a gen tourby for many, many thousands less :lol: