Sign in to follow this  
wombosi

Buying advice: Croc strap for PAM 111

wombosi

Hi there,

I'm currently looking for a croc strap that will fit my upcoming PAM 111 rep. However, my budget is currently quite low (max $50 incl. postage), so I probably have to aim my search at faux croc straps too. My preferences are:

- Strap color: brown

- Preferably with deployment clasp

- Panerai engravements are nice, but not necessary

I already stumbled upon this strap, but I have no experience with iOffer or this seller in particular. Same (?) strap is found here as well.

BUT, there are probably better products out there with a better price-product rate. To give you an idea of the look I'm looking for, I added some pictures of (nice but beyond my budget -_- ) Sirtoli straps below:

442.jpg

323.jpg

Any advice? Your help is much appreciated.

Edited by wombosi

Silverspeed

The strap in the ioffer link is a standard crap rep strap, $35 is too much for that one.

$50 is low for a decent croc strap...at best you will find a calf strap with croc print.

If you want I can have a look to see if I have a strap from DSN lying around and since you're in The Netherlands this would be free of charge -_-

greg_r

+1 what SS said.

If you want croco-print then www.waccex.de is a decent source of fair quality inexpensive straps - much better than rep straps. Real croc is going to cost you a whole lot more, however - two to three times that price at a minimum.

wombosi
If you want I can have a look to see if I have a strap from DSN lying around and since you're in The Netherlands this would be free of charge -_-

Please let me know if you have any of these straps kicking around, I might be interested!

Silverspeed

Please let me know if you have any of these straps kicking around, I might be interested!

I'll have a look tonight and let you know

wombosi
If you want croco-print then www.waccex.de is a decent source of fair quality inexpensive straps - much better than rep straps.

Greg, I really like your BOB croc strap in this topic. Did you get it at Waccex? And if yes, could you please point out the right strap on their website? Because all their straps seem to be reasonably priced and your strap looks quite expensive -_-

EDIT: The original croc strap on the 111h in your topic mentioned above looks nice too. If you have any idea about its origination, please tell me.

Edited by wombosi

greg_r
If you want croco-print then www.waccex.de is a decent source of fair quality inexpensive straps - much better than rep straps.

Greg, I really like your BOB croc strap in this topic. Did you get it at Waccex? And if yes, could you please point out the right strap on their website? Because all their straps seem to be reasonably priced and your strap looks quite expensive -_-

EDIT: The original croc strap on the 111h in your topic mentioned above looks nice too. If you have any idea about its origination, please tell me.

The BOB strap is here: http://www.waccex.de/catalog/product_info....products_id=425

The other croco-print strap came with the watch. One of the better rep straps I've had (it was an upmarket rep, which may have had something to do with it), but the BOB strap was a lot better. Neither one was remotely as good as real croc or 'gator though

wombosi

Thanks Greg! Which clasp did you use for the BOB strap? > the one that came with the upmarket rep strap? They don't seem to have deployment clasps for Panerai's available at Waccex, and the one's they do have (for Breitling) are more expensive than the strap itself.

Edited by wombosi

greg_r
Thanks Greg! Which clasp did you use for the BOB strap? > the one that came with the upmarket rep strap? They don't seem to have deployment clasps for Panerai's available at Waccex, and the one's they do have (for Breitling) are more expensive than the strap itself.

Yes, it was the rep deployant. They're pretty good quality.

wombosi
Yes, it was the rep deployant. They're pretty good quality.

Slightly offtopic: Is there anyone who happens to known a good reseller for these (rep) deployants? Or maybe someone has some unused deployants lying around and is willing to sell one of them for a reasonable price?

Edited by wombosi

greg_r

Hmm - I suspect that quite a few of the dealers will be able to supply them. However, a lot of folks don't like 'em, so you may do well with a WTB ad. I might even still have a spare myself - I'll have a look when I get a chance...

Inushuk
323.jpg

Is it one of yours ?

Very nice Glycine !!!!!

madcatlancelot

There was a thread about a very nice croc strap from BJSTRAPS, not the same as what you're looking for (for deployant) but it was for a PAM.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...&hl=bjstrap

I had bought straps for a BCE from Ebay seller "budgetplan", the croc strap is ok, you might want to check him out too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Budgetplan-Watches/...d=p4634.c0.m322

wombosi
Is it one of yours ?

Very nice Glycine !!!!!

No, unfortunately not. It just an example image of Sirtoli.

bigbossa
There was a thread about a very nice croc strap from BJSTRAPS, not the same as what you're looking for (for deployant) but it was for a PAM.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...&hl=bjstrap

I had bought straps for a BCE from Ebay seller "budgetplan", the croc strap is ok, you might want to check him out too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Budgetplan-Watches/...d=p4634.c0.m322

Yeah I highly recommend BJSTRAPS . Great straps and fantastic price . You need to ask about the croc straps as he does not have them posted all the time

wombosi

These BJSTRAPS are nice indeed.

However, I think I'll go for one of those BOB straps from Waccex. Their quality seems quite OK and they are within my budget. Secondly Waccex is situated within Europe, which facilitates postage and minimizes delivery time.

As said before, the only thing that remains is getting one of those (rep) deployants somewhere for little money.

greg_r
These BJSTRAPS are nice indeed.

However, I think I'll go for one of those BOB straps from Waccex. Their quality seems quite OK and they are within my budget. Secondly Waccex is situated within Europe, which facilitates postage and minimizes delivery time.

As said before, the only thing that remains is getting one of those (rep) deployants somewhere for little money.

which reminds me - I checked my spares box, but I don't have a spare deployant at the moment, sorry. If you post a WTB in the member sales area, you'll probably get a few offered :shooting:

wombosi
If you post a WTB in the member sales area, you'll probably get a few offered :johng:

Done :finger:

Edited by wombosi

wombosi

Thanks for the advice guys! I decided to order a tabac BOB croc strap. Will post some pics upon receival.

Edited by wombosi