Sign in to follow this  
katallus

Newbie looking for present for girlfriend

katallus

Hi Everyone,

I have already posted about the Omega Railmaster today as I was considering buying one for my girlfriend's birthday. She will like the strong masculine retro design of the watch and I am trying to source one. Does anyone have any ideas about other potential replicas that might fit the bill in terms of 'look'.

Also if anybody has any recommendations of watches that might be well made and available I would love to know more. I like the Oris Big Crown range but can't seem to find any for some reason. Anyhow, any ideas would be gratefully received as you are clearly the experts.

Since joining this forum I have been submerged in a sea of desire and lost hours of my day - apart from work I guess my wallet will be the next area to suffer. I can see just how potentially addictive watches could be

Thanks everyone

myaz

Make sure she's on board with having reps.

katallus

reps?

Phizzy

As in replicas.

I thought the railmaster watches were BIG or is that just the xl version?

andyboy

reps?

Replica watches

Welcome

Loads of info here for you.....try putting in ladies watches in the search box top right of home page.

My wife has several reps

Not the best picture sorry

2014-12-13 10.10.50_zpsv3ijcmhp.jpg

katallus

Reps - well, she's got me and after all my watch fantasies today I am half the man I was this morning.

In the UK at least alot of women have been wearing mens watches and the bigger and more retro the better. No bling, just class

Left Coast Guy

Gift for the girlfriend? Step #1 Cut a hole in a box....

katallus

now, that money saving tip is class, er, not!

Hornet

My wife likes the Frank Mueller I got her and also has been admiring the cartier ballon blue, not sure if either of those are the style you're looking for though....

katallus

I like that but she's after something more 40's/50's I think - are there any vintage rolex reps, all I have seen so far are the more recent models

Hornet
I like that but she's after something more 40's/50's I think - are there any vintage rolex reps, all I have seen so far are the more recent models

No idea on Rolex I'm afraid, I'm sure there will be someone else who does know on here....

....have you tried searching?

katallus

I particularly enjoyed your TS Elliot quote - I have done little else today but search for watches! Certainly time very much enjoyed

Hornet
I particularly enjoyed your TS Elliot quote - I have done little else today but search for watches! Certainly time very much enjoyed

Yep, it can be slightly scary the amount of time you end up spending looking at watches or reading stuff on here....

....but as you've said enjoyable!

Viquito

Lol put yo dick in that box xD

Hahaha jk jk

http://youtu.be/ABrSYqiqvzc

katallus

well, I sent her the link and that is a really cheap gift!

Ingelero

Step #2 put your junk in that box

Step #3 make her open the box

That's the way you do it

katallus

as a newbie I'm kind of guessing there's quite a few Top Gear fans on this forum and not too many ladies

Wriggles

I'd stick to something gen for a present unless she specifically says shes interested/happy with a rep

My 2cents

katallus

she knows she's getting a rep .... i just want a good one

katallus

she was happy with the engagement ring and that came from my old washing machine

Gazzla

You should only be buying her white household appliances.

The rest of your money you spend on your own reps.

black263

she was happy with the engagement ring and that came from my old washing machine

My old washing machine kept the rings when we divorced.

Hornet

My old washing machine kept the rings when we divorced.

:rofl:

myaz

Does anyone have any ideas about other potential replicas that might fit the bill in terms of 'look'.

You hold your own well :thumbsup2:.

You've established that she is OK with a rep and won't think that you are a cheap bastard, good.

Since she likes men's size watches, it widens the choices tremendously. Therefore,

Why don't you have her look at the pictures on the TD websites and let her pick one. She would also see the prices and that would keep it all on the level.

-First, I'd recommend a quartz movement (watches tend to be thinner and she doesn't have to deal with rewinding, that tends to be an anal men's mechanical obsession thing).

-if she likes mechanical movements, try to stay away from 7750s (more temperamental) and maybe 21Js (often not as durable: might break down prematurely). read this if you haven't already: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6930).

-The diameter of the watch is listed with the description. Consider cutting a paper circle of the same size and placing it on her wrist to be sure it's not too big for her. Get up to the mid 40mm sizes and it's too big for many ladies.

Good luck and enjoy.

NFleischer

You mean the 40mm. Automatic version, not the 49mm. Hand Wind, I presume. It's a cool looking watch- make sure she's OK with automatics.

most women seem to prefer quartz.

Welcome.