Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

OMFG!!! Patek 5227 rep with officers caseback!!

_DC_
I don't do gold. It's too tacky in my small part of the world. But I like the simplicity of this...

The steel version is more understated, and has the stamps of the white gold gen so it's at least trying to replicate the gen in that respect, could go for that one if you're not a rose gold fan. I've only posted the rose gold because that's the one I want (to match some rather nice cuff links the fiancée bought me for Christmas)!

DC

Phantomtech

Thanks for showing this DC, I think it will be my next watch!

Just curious, what is the main flaws in this watch compared to gen? Anything glaringly stands out?

Phantomtech

The gen version makes me drool, it is seriously a work of art

Patek-Philippe-5227-2_zpsca172318.jpg

Derek Mc

That is seriously lovely!

Kleen™
I don't do gold. It's too tacky in my small part of the world. But I like the simplicity of this...

The steel version is more understated, and has the stamps of the white gold gen so it's at least trying to replicate the gen in that respect, could go for that one if you're not a rose gold fan. I've only posted the rose gold because that's the one I want (to match some rather nice cuff links the fiancée bought me for Christmas)!

DC

I've considered it. But RG is definitely the right colour for this PP. Just not for me...I'm incompatible with gold...unless it's on my RCA and speaker plugs...

Kemist
The lugs look really short because of the way the shadow falls on them, but they must be nearly the same length otherwise there'd be no room to fit the strap, so I wouldn't worry about that!! I agree on the dial colour, it does look a little too white, but that's life!

Haha @ SSTEEL, epic fail not noticing the officers caseback Micky!! It's a thing of beauty!!

I'm going to ignore the DWO comments, and the comparison to a Portofino (that's just offensive). Let's get things into perspective, this is about as good as any Patek rep gets!! All my reps have slightly misaligned datewheels, none if them have the exact correct dial colour, all of them have a flaw..... who cares?!?

As soon as one of you lot buys my Datograph I'm getting this!!! The Dato' will be listed soon!!!

DC

Thanks for the explanation DC, to be honest, as you thought, i didnt know much about dress watch so the portofini just came out in my mind straight away when i saw this. But now I know :D.

Base on what you've said and explained, i'm now quite certain i'll get this one. :-).

not_finbar

I CAN pull off a gold Patek because I'm the fucking shit. At least my mom thinks so. And who the fuck's gonna say something about it?! You?! Yeah, that's what I thought...

Fixed it for ya ;)

Ha, thanks! Well, now I can practice with my new gold Radiomir :D

Ishmael

I CAN pull off a gold Patek because I'm the fucking shit. At least my mom thinks so. And who the fuck's gonna say something about it?! You?! Yeah, that's what I thought...

Fixed it for ya ;)

Ha, thanks! Well, now I can practice with my new gold Radiomir :D

Damn, congrats man!

not_finbar

I know! It's my lucky day.

George.

DC

I've considered it. But RG is definitely the right colour for this PP. Just not for me...I'm incompatible with gold...unless it's on my RCA and speaker plugs...

THIS!

I wish i suited gold... Just not for me sadly.

The gen of this is seriously tasty. Not so sure about this one. Looks a bit wrong to me... I'd be all over it like a tramp on chips otherwise. I'll wait for DC's review before i consider picking one up ;)

_DC_

Well my review will be along in due course, just confirmed payment on my order of this beauty!!!

Will let you all know the full ins and outs, as always!

DC

Kemist
Well my review will be along in due course, just confirmed payment on my order of this beauty!!!

Will let you all know the full ins and outs, as always!

DC

Did you get it from purerime? U reckon other dealers might be able to get it?

Phantomtech

Ryan is getting it for me. But i am starting to think I should wait until after DC's review...

Does anyone know the strap dimensions for this? I have an awesome 22/18, will it fit?

Kemist

I'm inquiring toro about this. He said he could get it for $248+shipping.

_DC_
Ryan is getting it for me. But i am starting to think I should wait until after DC's review...

Does anyone know the strap dimensions for this? I have an awesome 22/18, will it fit?

I'm pretty sure the gen is a 19mm lug width, but it would be 20mm at the very most, so I doubt the rep will be 22mm I'm afraid!

DC

Kemist

payment sent and confirmed!

_DC_

Which one did you go for mate?!

DC

Kemist

Which one did you go for mate?!

DC

i went for this one:

PP2014123001-02_enl.JPG

http://www.replicawatchvideo.com/watch.php?vid=2de6a150c

watched the video underneath and couldnt resist myself. This gonna be my first dressie!

Have you sent your money? I reckon toro can do a bit cheaper...

trailboss99

Now that, kind sirs, is a gentleman's watch. Very, very nice indeed and I think I need one in my life.

What's the gen set one back I wonder. I would not be surprised if Lord Flashheart has a fine example.

Calling wat44, this will do nicely until your Patek fund matures.

Gmtaddict

Well done, now I need one too :sad:

_DC_
Now that, kind sirs, is a gentleman's watch. Very, very nice indeed and I think I need one in my life.

What's the gen set one back I wonder. I would not be surprised if Lord Flashheart has a fine example.

Calling wat44, this will do nicely until your Patek fund matures.

Circa 30k USD mate!!

Definitely the gentlemans dress watch, and the first really good attempt at a Patek Calatrava of any reference!! Rose gold version incoming from Puretime for me, had to go rose gold this time, I've got the 5107 in steel and they say variety is the spice of life!!

DC

Kemist

Great! Can't wait for it to arrive. Will post a thread with some badass photos.

chase0224

verry clean watch

Phantomtech

I'm pretty sure the gen is a 19mm lug width, but it would be 20mm at the very most, so I doubt the rep will be 22mm I'm afraid!

DC

Thanks for the info. Can't wait for your review!

Gmtaddict

DC

Anyone want to fancy a guess on the buckle size? I have a fantastic 20/14 Gen to put on this beauty... ;)