Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

OMFG!!! Patek 5227 rep with officers caseback!!

_DC_

Does anyone know the strap dimensions for this? I have an awesome 22/18, will it fit?

I'm pretty sure the gen is a 19mm lug width, but it would be 20mm at the very most, so I doubt the rep will be 22mm I'm afraid!

DC

Anyone want to fancy a guess on the buckle size? I have a fantastic 20/14 Gen to put on this beauty... ;)

From experience I'd say 20/16!!

DC

Phantomtech

Is there a nice Patek deployment buckle I would be able to get to fit those dimensions? I really dislike the Patek tang buckle.

Checking out the picture on PT website it seems like the dial is a bit of a cream color like the gen, comparing it to the datewheel color which is pure white. Let's just hope it's cream enough.

Edited by Phantomtech

sunbites

RG coming for me too ;-)

_DC_
RG coming for me too ;-)

Good choice!! Seems like Puretime are going to do well put of these, maybe it will help encourage more Patek dress watch reps in the future!!!

DC

_DC_
Is there a nice Patek deployment buckle I would be able to get to fit those dimensions? I really dislike the Patek tang buckle.

Checking out the picture on PT website it seems like the dial is a bit of a cream color like the gen, comparing it to the datewheel color which is pure white. Let's just hope it's cream enough.

Contact Tim (Fat Panda) at WatchFinder. They have some lovely Calatrava cross deployants over there, I bought a stainless steel one to put on my 5970 and it looks the nuts:

A4342844-6F72-436D-AECA-D5F3804F5FE2_zpscsipqvmn.jpg

Comes in rose gold too!! You'd need to buy a custom replacement strap though as a deployant needs the strap shorter on the buckle end, also these are 18mm and I doubt the buckle on these will be that big!!

DC

sunbites

Contact Tim (Fat Panda) at WatchFinder. They have some lovely Calatrava cross deployants over there, I bought a stainless steel one to put on my 5970 and it looks the nuts:

Comes in rose gold too!! You'd need to buy a custom replacement strap though as a deployant needs the strap shorter on the buckle end, also these are 18mm and I doubt the buckle on these will be that big!!

DC

That looks the business; i love the buckle! Will get a RG one and a donerix strap ...

Phantomtech

DC

Thanks DC! I am anyways going to make a custom strap so I will specify the dimensions. Is it safe to say that the lug width on the strap is 20mm? Can Puretime confirm the size for you DC? My TD Ryan couldn't confirm.

Also, what exactly do you mean by this "a deploymant needs the strap shorter on the buckle end"? Didn't quite understand.

Thanks!

Edited by Phantomtech

_DC_

DC

Thanks DC! I am anyways going to make a custom strap so I will specify the dimensions. Is it safe to say that the lug width on the strap is 20mm? Can Puretime confirm the size for you DC? My TD Ryan couldn't confirm.

Also, what exactly do you mean by this "a deploymant needs the strap shorter on the buckle end"? Didn't quite understand.

Thanks!

I don't know the lug width I'm afraid, wouldn't trust the dealer to give an accurate answer either, but when it arrives I'll let you know buddy!

Ok, how do I explain the deployant strap thing?! So you have two parts to a strap yeah, and usually they're roughly 115mm for the long side and 65mm for the short side. BUT, with a deployant in order for it to sit correctly on the wrist you need it to be more like 125mm for the long side and 55mm for the short side, so that the deployant sits further round on the flat part of the inner wrist!

Make sense?!

DC

Kemist

QC photos of the watch look even more tasty than the ad.

Can't wait for this beauty to arrive. This will give me a sense of what a dress watch really is, beside all my sport/multi-occasion watches.

Ishmael

Where's the chrono dials and the tachy ring and the cyclops???? :giggle:

SackOHammers

Well, this is amazing. The case cover and windowed movement are a great touch for the 5227.

The flutes on the sides of the case are nice. The details on the clasp are nice.

I can't get over the dial cover, though.

Here are the gens. Ivory colored dial.

http://www.patek.com/contents/default/en/5227G_001.html

http://www.patek.com/contents/default/en/5227R_001.html

I really liked the looks of this watch so I got ahold of Fat Panda a couple weeks ago and put in an order for one of these on Christmas special (ships from CONUS):

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=92377

He doesn't have that exact one anymore, but has this:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=93783

There are some missing details on the one I got compared to the one in this thread. Obviously all the glory happening on the back of the watch.

BUT, It has, in my view, a nicer colored dial. Now, it might not match gen either. But all that rep vs gen business aside, I like the color of the dial in the ones that Fat Panda has. Well... at least in the pictures. It's still in shipping.

That's just me. I don't necessarily like stark-white dials. If that 5227 from Pure-Time had a different shade dial... well.... I might be proud owner of two Patek's until I could get one sold. :)

RussP

It's not perfect, no, but as a Patek lover you have to learn to live with that, coz there's no such thing in the a Patek rep world as perfect!!

It's got an officers caseback, I mean come on, FFS, it's awesome!!

I'm happy Ishmael, very happy!

DC

Dave,

Since you're so happy, buy a couple of them.

Then............send one to me.

Thanks in advance.

The other Patek Fan.

Phantomtech

I don't know the lug width I'm afraid, wouldn't trust the dealer to give an accurate answer either, but when it arrives I'll let you know buddy!

Ok, how do I explain the deployant strap thing?! So you have two parts to a strap yeah, and usually they're roughly 115mm for the long side and 65mm for the short side. BUT, with a deployant in order for it to sit correctly on the wrist you need it to be more like 125mm for the long side and 55mm for the short side, so that the deployant sits further round on the flat part of the inner wrist!

Make sense?!

DC

Ok, I get it now, perfect simple explanation, thanks!

_DC_
Here is the version with the beige not white dial.

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1367

Yeah he's got the rose gold with cream dial too, but in my opinion it looks too yellow, I'm glad I got the white dial incoming!

Here's the man himself, Thierry Stern, showing the 5227 at Basel 2013.... dial looks pretty white to me...

77E28A62-494B-4FAE-9F5E-3679EA04FA94_zpshi7sg74r.jpg

DC

_DC_

To me the "white dial" version appears to have the correct cream colour, just off white, judging by this pic from Toro. I think it looks really white in the PureTime pictures because of the lighting...

92C9D338-307C-4514-A547-333C57D1D692_zpsfr7ivsrl.jpg

DC

Gmtaddict

Come on mate, if you keep posting pics like that I'm gonna have to add a RG to my SS order!

SackOHammers

GD. Yeah. This one might have to happen. Eagerly awaiting DCs review. I want rose gold, but I don't want a stark white dial. It's got to be off-white ivory, cream, or something.

_DC_
GD. Yeah. This one might have to happen. Eagerly awaiting DCs review. I want rose gold, but I don't want a stark white dial. It's got to be off-white ivory, cream, or something.

Well the image above is the supposed white dial version and it looks very creamy to me, so I think you'll be in luck there!!

DC

Kemist

I hope so too, that it is not bleaching white but a bit creamy. Judging from photos that toro sent me i have a feeling it may be creamy, at least not extremely white like in puretime's photos

beb10d4438878f4f60fd07e7cf13d152.jpg

_DC_

Puretime's photos are always heavily exposed which has the effect of bleaching the dial, I would assume that the watches Puretime and Toro are offering are the same, from the same factory, so this gives me confidence that the watch from Puretime will look the same as the ones offered by Toro!!

DC

_DC_

I do wish they would offer a yellow gold version, instead of the unnecessary black dial fantasy version!! I'd have one of each if they did, will probably get the steel version in time if the rose gold is as good as it looks when it arrives!

DC

FuzzyCoyote

Wow wow wow.....

That's just wow.....

Might sell off one or two of mine to get one of these. They are stunning!

Kemist
Puretime's photos are always heavily exposed which has the effect of bleaching the dial, I would assume that the watches Puretime and Toro are offering are the same, from the same factory, so this gives me confidence that the watch from Puretime will look the same as the ones offered by Toro!!

DC

DC you know these leather straps comes with the rep, they are usually very low in quality (not sure about this one yet but usually), they are slim, flimsy and is hard like a rock most of the time. Where would one source a new pair of leather strap like that with better quality, you know dressy types of strap: black/brown leather, soft, appropriate thickness, no visible thread on the two edges of the strap etc.

Of course we can always buy gen straps but they are quite unnecessarily pricy.

_DC_

DC

DC you know these leather straps comes with the rep, they are usually very low in quality (not sure about this one yet but usually), they are slim, flimsy and is hard like a rock most of the time. Where would one source a new pair of leather strap like that with better quality, you know dressy types of strap: black/brown leather, soft, appropriate thickness, no visible thread on the two edges of the strap etc.

Of course we can always buy gen straps but they are quite unnecessarily pricy.

You could go to someone like Donerix and have him custom make a strap to your specification. But I am planning on buying a RIOS 1931 strap to go with mine (same strap I have for my 5107). They are high quality German made alligator straps and are very similar in style to gen Patek straps. They are slim (a dress watch strap should be slim), soft, comfortable and have a beautiful finish!

Here's the one on my 5107...

D254E390-AC99-446C-A81B-1257180F9F2A_zpschbsrdr1.jpg

59D25F35-CA70-437B-8184-E7FEAA46052C_zpsjtfhtzso.jpg

You can get them on eBay, I'll be getting a deep dark brown one for my rose gold 5227 :thumbsup:

DC