Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

OMFG!!! Patek 5227 rep with officers caseback!!

Kemist
Puretime's photos are always heavily exposed which has the effect of bleaching the dial, I would assume that the watches Puretime and Toro are offering are the same, from the same factory, so this gives me confidence that the watch from Puretime will look the same as the ones offered by Toro!!

DC

DC you know these leather straps comes with the rep, they are usually very low in quality (not sure about this one yet but usually), they are slim, flimsy and is hard like a rock most of the time. Where would one source a new pair of leather strap like that with better quality, you know dressy types of strap: black/brown leather, soft, appropriate thickness, no visible thread on the two edges of the strap etc.

Of course we can always buy gen straps but they are quite unnecessarily pricy.

You could go to someone like Donerix and have him custom make a strap to your specification. But I am planning on buying a RIOS 1931 strap to go with mine (same strap I have for my 5107). They are high quality German made alligator straps and are very similar in style to gen Patek straps. They are slim (a dress watch strap should be slim), soft, comfortable and have a beautiful finish!

Here's the one on my 5107...

D254E390-AC99-446C-A81B-1257180F9F2A_zpschbsrdr1.jpg

59D25F35-CA70-437B-8184-E7FEAA46052C_zpsjtfhtzso.jpg

You can get them on eBay, I'll be getting a deep dark brown one for my rose gold 5227 :thumbsup:

DC

Thanks for the info. I'll get the Rios 1931 off ebay!

Cant wait for the watch to arrive!

_DC_

Just check the sizes first, that's the only problem with the RIOS straps, they are quite limited in terms of sizes!!

DC

Martijn0007

Wow! I just noticed this.

They finally start to listen to us! Stop all the APs and PAMs, and make some good Patek reps!

In my opinion the white dial RG version looks good, and that caseback... man... :drool:

Edited by Martijn0007

_DC_

They finally start to listen to us! Stop all the APs and PAMs, and make some good Patek reps!

In my opinion the white dial RG version looks good, and that caseback... man... :drool:

I know right?!

It's about time they did something other than endless APs and PAMs, and these seem to have got a good response so maybe it will encourage them to realise there is a lot of love for other brands!!!

DC

Martijn0007

I know right?!

It's about time they did something other than endless APs and PAMs, and these seem to have got a good response so maybe it will encourage them to realise there is a lot of love for other brands!!!

DC

Absolutely!

I'm gonna order one next month since I'm trying to not buy more then 1 watch a month (new years resolution ;) )

Which one did you go for Dave?

_DC_

I went for the rose gold, since I already have a stainless steel Calatrava (the 5107) plus my fiancée bought me some nice rose gold cufflinks from Charles Tyrwhitt for Christmas but I don't have a work appropriate rose gold watch to wear with them, so this will do nicely!!

Might add a SS version further down the line if I like it enough!!

DC

Martijn0007

I went for the rose gold, since I already have a stainless steel Calatrava (the 5107) plus my fiancée bought me some nice rose gold cufflinks from Charles Tyrwhitt for Christmas but I don't have a work appropriate rose gold watch to wear with them, so this will do nicely!!

DC

Very nice! Make sure to post some pictures when it arrives ;)

I really hope this piece sells good and they will see that we're willing to pay for good Patek reps :D

sunbites

DC

I stopped getting cufflinks after i lost like 20th pair :) Even tho all my shirts have french cuffs ;d

andyc

Admin edit: please do not post QC pics for any reason

andyc

Does anyone know the strap dimensions for this? I have an awesome 22/18, will it fit?

I'm pretty sure the gen is a 19mm lug width, but it would be 20mm at the very most, so I doubt the rep will be 22mm I'm afraid!

DC

Anyone want to fancy a guess on the buckle size? I have a fantastic 20/14 Gen to put on this beauty... ;)

From experience I'd say 20/16!!

DC

The gen strap size is 19 / 16

Here's the full gen spec:

Technical data

Calatrava Ref. 5227

Movement: Caliber 324 S C

Self-winding mechanical movement, aperture date, and sweep seconds

Diameter: 27 mm

Height: 3.3 mm

Number of parts: 213

Number of jewels: 29

Power reserve: Min. 38 hours, max. 48 hours

Winding rotor: Central rotor in 21K gold, unidirectional winding

Balance: Gyromax®

Frequency: 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour (4 Hz)

Balance spring: Spiromax®

Functions: 3-position crown

– Pushed in: To wind the watch

– Pulled halfway out: To correct the date

– Pulled out: To set the time

Displays: Center hours, minutes, and sweep seconds

Aperture date with an 18K gold frame at 3 o'clock

Hallmark: Patek Philippe Seal

Features

Case: Round case in 18K yellow, rose, or white gold, snap back with a sapphire-crystal glass beneath a dust cover with an invisible hinge

Lugs with curved flutes

Water-resistant to 30 m

Case dimensions: Diameter: 39 mm

Height (crystal – lugs): 9.58 mm

Height (crystal – dust cover): 9.24 mm

Width between lugs: 19 mm

Dial: Brass, cream-colored lacquer

Polished Dauphine hands in 18K gold with two facets

12 applied trapezoidal hour markers in 18K gold

Strap: Hand-stitched alligator with square scales, shiny black (white gold), shiny chocolate brown (yellow gold) or shiny dark brown (rose gold); 16-mm prong buckle in 18K gold to match the case

Kemist

It clearly looks like the dial is somewhat yellowy or has a very slight tint of yellow to it, not as bleaching white as in Puretime's photos.

The "White gold" version should have the similar color of the dial too.

Mine should be here tomorrow will post an update then!

black263

I'm not a gold wearer, but must say that looks stunning.

Phantomtech

Whoever is the first to get it can you please please measure the strap width at the lugs???

Thanks in advance!

Laz730
Whoever is the first to get it can you please please measure the strap width at the lugs???

Thanks in advance!

I know the width between the lugs on a gen is 19mm...Idk if that will help you?

<RJ>

So, All good then :thumbsup:

And a

:beer2:

Phantomtech

Thanks in advance!

I know the width between the lugs on a gen is 19mm...Idk if that will help you?

Thanks but a lot of times the rep has slightly different dimensions so was wondering if thats the case here.

Edited by Phantomtech

_DC_

Mine arrived today, not had much time to get to know her yet but I can tell you the lug/buckle dimensions are 19/18!! So there's not much taper to the strap!

In a way I wish they'd gone 20/18 coz it needs replacing and 19/18 is far from standard sizing!!

DC

Phantomtech

Mine arrived today, not had much time to get to know her yet but I can tell you the lug/buckle dimensions are 19/18!! So there's not much taper to the strap!

In a way I wish they'd gone 20/18 coz it needs replacing and 19/18 is far from standard sizing!!

DC

Thanks DC! I will contact my strapmaker now, I really appreciate your help!

andyc

My watch arrived yesterday, so here's my two pennyworth...

Firstly, this is a beautiful watch! Very classy, understated and a perfect dress watch. The quality is excellent, everything works like you would expect and the "white" dial isn't actually white, it's an off white shade that seems to be pretty much as per the gen. I'm glad I ordered that version and not the "yellow" dial that is also available.

Edited by andyboy

unpollo2

i've emailed and PM fat panda several times to try and get this cross buckle for my Nautilus since Patek does not make a cross buckle in that strap size 18mm. no response on either attempts. is it because i am newly registered?

SackOHammers

It's not because you're newly registered, it's because you PMed him. He's not going to see that. Email him.

_DC_
i've emailed and PM fat panda several times to try and get this cross buckle for my Nautilus since Patek does not make a cross buckle in that strap size 18mm. no response on either attempts. is it because i am newly registered?

Email is definitely best, he doesn't tend to check PMs, but I know he's an extremely busy man working all the hours god gave, I've had emails from him at pretty much all times of the day and night so god knows when that man finds time to eat/sleep lol!

DC

EdenResident

DC,

Is the last watch in your sig pic the 5227? Does it have an off-white dial as well? Who did you buy it from?

Sorry for asking many questions but I'm really excited as well and we'll be ordering one soon.

_DC_
DC,

Is the last watch in your sig pic the 5227? Does it have an off-white dial as well? Who did you buy it from?

Sorry for asking many questions but I'm really excited as well and we'll be ordering one soon.

That is indeed the 5227 and the dial is off white, if you can wait till tomorrow I've just bought a new strap for it and will be posting new pics, so wait and check those out!!

DC

EdenResident
DC,

That is indeed the 5227 and the dial is off white, if you can wait till tomorrow I've just bought a new strap for it and will be posting new pics, so wait and check those out!!

DC

Great! I'm sure I'll be drooling hahaha.