Sign in to follow this  
Slarre

Accuracy

Slarre

Hi, long time lurker and new member from Norway here.

Stumbeled into the rep-world when buying a Panerai lookalike from Getat a couple of years ago.

Now, I have just paid for a Speedmaster Pro from one of the TDs here. Got the QC pictures, and have to ask:

What does the following mean?

AMP: 293*

B.E: 0.1 ms

Rate: +3s/d

Lift Angle:52,0*

Period: 4s

My guess is accuracu=+3 seconds a day, but thats as far as i have read here unbelievable good timekeeping?

Regards.

-Ø-M

Chavezzito

AMP = Amplitude (I think but do not know what it means)

B.E = Beat Error

Rate: how fast or slow it goes

Lift Angle: Think it is the angle the watch is held while measuring

Period: Last time your girlfriend had it :lol:

But yes +3s/d would be a very good accuracy I believe.

omegex

Those appear to be the figures you would get from a timegrapher.

The amplitude is how far the balance wheel swings from one of its arc to the other. 293, from what i have read, is a pretty good figure.

B.E. as Chavezzito has pointed out is the beat error - however I cannot for the life of me remember the definition of this.

You specify a rate of +3s/d which means that the watch will gain that amount per 24 hour period of time.

That amount can be compensated for by a slight adjustment on the regulator arm which sits by the balance wheel.

If you adjust the regulator arm slightly to the minus side , then you should get a decent timekeeping movement.

Lift angle and period are beyond me at the moment, I would have to refer to my books to find out what they are.

flyr

Please keep in mind the watch is most likely going to function differently when it arrives, due to postal punishment etc.

The TD's generally only have the watch on the timegrapher for a short period of time and generally not in a fully wound state so the results you have may not show the watches performance accurately.

In any case I hope it arrives safely to you and running well.

Good luck!

Genius

Even rolex won't guarantee +3 seconds a day and that's on an expensive gen so looks like you have got a bloody good movement there :)

Slarre

If it is anywhere between +/- 1minute a day I`m OK with it :-D

Anyone know how the dealers wrap the watches before shipping?

Is it just bubble wrap and envelopes, or do they use boxes?

_ØM_

GenTLe

Even rolex won't guarantee +3 seconds a day and that's on an expensive gen so looks like you have got a bloody good movement there :)

Mate, the +3s/d is not the overall precision of the watch, but it's the calculated average error based on the machine read values within an interval of something like 10 second, with watch in a statical position.

The COSC is -4/+6 daily error but also Difference between rates in H & V positions: −6/+8.

Anyway +3 is VERY good, because often when you put the watch vertically it looses like 6s respect to horizontal position. Meaning that in total that watch should be pretty precise :)

If it is anywhere between +/- 1minute a day I`m OK with it :-D

Anyone know how the dealers wrap the watches before shipping?

Just to let you know: they can be regulated :)

Look here that Rolex how it arrived (+12s/d) and how I'm going to give it to my friend after regulation: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=93901

About the shipping way look here: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=77135

Sometimes they're wrapped into a lot of bubble wrap and then placed into a bubbled envelope (Toro for example uses this way quite often... Or his trans-shipper at least).

Gibbo76

Mine have come packaged in bubble wrap, foam box then cardboard box outer. Very well protected from the postal services.

JSJ

Depends on the movement. You can regulate to 0 s/day in one position on the timegrapher and then when you wear it, you have nothing like it because it depends on the posiitons during the day.

My Speedy ST19 is really accurate over a 24 hour period but overnight it gains about 5 s and then during the day it loses that. If you learn how to regulate your own you can have some really accurate watches.

Genius

Mate, the +3s/d is not the overall precision of the watch, but it's the calculated average error based on the machine read values within an interval of something like 10 second, with watch in a statical position.

The COSC is -4/+6 daily error but also Difference between rates in H & V positions: −6/+8.

Anyway +3 is VERY good, because often when you put the watch vertically it looses like 6s respect to horizontal position. Meaning that in total that watch should be pretty precise :)

Lol shows how much I know thought it was overall accuracy it was showing.

Great thing about this forum you learn new things all the time :)