Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Rolex prices - massive jump in the past week?

Member X

I was passing my AD while I was in town and I suddenly noticed that they appear to have put their prices up by, literally, a massive amount :D

The YM has jumped from £6000 to £6670 or so, the WG blue cerachrome sub has jumped from £19250 to over £20100, and who knows what else went up - I can't remember what the rest of the prices were, but if they've all gone up by a similar percentage then that's a nice big jump... :)

Is it the christmas effect? Or a centrally controlled Rolex thing?

Either way, I can't believe they've jumped that much in about a week.

Not impressed (again) with Rolex's practices...

greg_r

Putting up prices for the gift-buying season I guess.

Hell, they're so friggin' overpriced as it is, what difference does it make? You need your head examined if you're gonna pay that for a cerachrome sub imho... :D

houndoggie

Rumor is Omega is going to do a 25% price increase.

Silverspeed

Rolex prices went up October 1st....apparently their first price increase since 2 years

houndoggie
Rolex prices went up October 1st....apparently their first price increase since 2 years

Omega did a 8% hike in March.. and another 25% soon.. Looks like Rolex wants to keep there distance. :rofl:

KBH

I would imagine the current prices for gold and silver have something to do with it.

Doesn't matter to me until the prices of reps go up.

Silverspeed

One of the reasons for price increases will be the exchange rate of the Swiss Franc

trailboss99

Omega are currently on a sucide run HD, don't quite understand their thinking of late.

Col.

houndoggie
Omega are currently on a sucide run HD, don't quite understand their thinking of late.

Col.

Well, they are definitely trying to reposition themselves in the market.. up their image. Back in the day, Omega was THE brand to have.

Whatever happens, I am okay with. I don't have any desires for another Omega and I'll be really happy if the used market sees a jump in price...makes my pieces more valuable.

carlton

Doesn't VAT go up 2 1/2 % soon in the UK too ?

Instead of buying a brand new Daytona SS you could just buy an unworn nearly new one.

Oh, hang on ....

tick tock

Col.

Well, they are definitely trying to reposition themselves in the market.. up their image. Back in the day, Omega was THE brand to have.

Whatever happens, I am okay with. I don't have any desires for another Omega and I'll be really happy if the used market sees a jump in price...makes my pieces more valuable.

+1

I agree with this statement, this just makes my Rolex pieces more valuable as well..anybody interested in a gen two tone dj or a gen gold president :thumbsup2:

Member X

Yup!

Anyone else care to place money on the fact that prices of EVERYTHING will immediately jump?

Of course, when we had the decrease to 15% recently, most prices stayed the same... :thumbsup2:

roberto

Yup!

Anyone else care to place money on the fact that prices of EVERYTHING will immediately jump?

Of course, when we had the decrease to 15% recently, most prices stayed the same... :thumbsup:

Wouldn't mind betting that most places are putting up prices now and to cushion the effect when VAT goes up. Anyone in the UK might have noticed supermarket prices have shot up all of a sudden. Probably just plain old profiteering.. :damn_the_colonials: