Sign in to follow this  
Jonnybaws

Jonny goes OTT... Part 1, 2014 AP ROOs (Now includes Part 2... and 3)

samcoolkewell

Nice AP there! Running on ETA or asian 7750?

One quick ques: Does the date change instant during midnight or it start changing slowly upon reaching 11'o clock and date change completely during 12?

_DC_
Tracked the package, said Duty was owning once it hit the local depot, rang up and paid for it, didn't chase the package before that..

In your situation I don't know how to play it, be too pushy they may have a closer look at whats inside, let them take their time asking for the money, if thats what they want is the safer bet.

How much you pay depends on how much the packages value is declared, mine had a declared value of $50, including the lovely Parcelforce fee, I paid a shade of £20, could have been worse..

This is handy to know, I've got a package incoming from stateside with a quoted value of $50 so now I know roughly what to expect "the man" to stick it to me for!!

Bastard import taxes, what's it all about?!

DC

_DC_
Ah cool, had similar issue with FEDEX before when we had some stem cells transporting and they didnt know what it was. I may just say it's a strap for a watch with a dummy on it.

They are usually satisfied with anything; but ill give them a few more days first.

If the sender hasn't included enough information on the package then they can't fill out their silly forms so they need more info, I shat myself when someone from Stanstead Airport customs called me once, got all flustered coz they were asking if I could prove that I'd sent it to be fixed. It turned out they just needed to know to work out the tax, coz if I could prove I'd sent it to be repaired then I wouldn't have to pay..... but I couldn't so they had to bill my arse!!!

DC

sunbites
Ah cool, had similar issue with FEDEX before when we had some stem cells transporting and they didnt know what it was. I may just say it's a strap for a watch with a dummy on it.

They are usually satisfied with anything; but ill give them a few more days first.

If the sender hasn't included enough information on the package then they can't fill out their silly forms so they need more info, I shat myself when someone from Stanstead Airport customs called me once, got all flustered coz they were asking if I could prove that I'd sent it to be fixed. It turned out they just needed to know to work out the tax, coz if I could prove I'd sent it to be repaired then I wouldn't have to pay..... but I couldn't so they had to bill my arse!!!

DC

It was a vial with stem cells and all paperwork from a stem cell cultivation facility; they didnt charge me anything for it but called up and wanted to know why i need it; after i had our head of medical call them up and explain in medical terms they just released it ;d

gigahertz15

Nice collection.

I'm going through a bit of an AP phase myself.

Jonnybaws

Nice collection.

I'm going through a bit of an AP phase myself.

Cheers...

However, the "flipping" has begun...

No longer have the Grey and Black Themes as well as the Safari in the stable...

But 3 out means 3 on the way in...

With any luck will have them towards the end of the week...

Phanphy

The Safari is the crown jewel for me! Awesome AP collection mate :)

Jonnybaws

The Safari is the crown jewel for me! Awesome AP collection mate :)

It was so nice I sold it... :picard:

Jonnybaws

Nearly there... A few gone since the AP Binge started..

The 2014 APs all gone (Blue, Black, Grey Themes and Safari..)

Nothing wrong with them what so ever.. just had the urge for something else, that something else was the ChronoPassion, Panda, Bumble Bee and others...

44mm Panda not here yet..

One slot left, that will be filled/box completed once the Rose Gold Rubber Clad hits the streets..

Then again, there's a few others that a due to be released later this year that might take my fancy, so, no doubt the flipping will begin again!

I know, they're not eveyones cup of tea.. but I like'm :D

IMG_20150306_190137.jpg

IMG_20150306_190149.jpg

IMG_20150306_190158.jpg

IMG_20150306_190206.jpg

IMG_20150306_190215.jpg

IMG_20150306_190224.jpg

The madness will never end...

Then again, do any of us really want the cure?

Martijn0007

Altough I don't think I will ever wear an AP, I can see the appeal and I really like your collection!

But where is the classic Safari AP?

APSAFARI-4thumb-1_zpsc2b92d69.jpg

Jonnybaws

Was about to order that... But hand slipped and ordered the 44mm Panda instead

:picard:

BadPickle

Thought you flogged it to Aston? :lol:

Pseudonym

2014 version Stu. That's classic V2 (although Martin has posted a gen ref pic)

;)

Jonnybaws

;)

Yeah, keep up pickle!!

BadPickle

;)

Yeah, keep up pickle!!

What am I like :facepalm:

Ishmael

LBJ? :giggle:

Jonnybaws

LBJ? :giggle:

You selling?

Its nice.. but I like this more...

IMG_3644.jpg

That will be the final (famous last words..) piece of the jigsaw :D

Ishmael

Mmm hmm... suuuuuuuure... ;)

Jonnybaws

Mmm hmm... suuuuuuuure... ;)

Honest........................ :Whistle:

Jonnybaws

So close, yet so far biggrin.png the Box would have been complete had the RG RC not been DOA on arrival..

Now its gone back, its got me thinking, do I want that back or do I get the RG Schumi or the GP (when/if re-released) to fill that final slot.

Right now, having seen the dial on the RG RC, I'd say the (quality permitting) the last spot is likely to go to the GP, then RG Schumi or just put the RG RC back in when fixed/returned.

IMG_20150318_123256.jpg

baxter

So close, yet so far biggrin.png the Box would have been complete had the RG RC not been DOA on arrival..

Now its gone back, its got me thinking, do I want that back or do I get the RG Schumi or the GP (when/if re-released) to fill that final slot.

Right now, having seen the dial on the RG RC, I'd say the (quality permitting) the last spot is likely to go to the GP, then RG Schumi or just put the RG RC back in when fixed/returned.

IMG_20150318_123256.jpg

A very solid collection there Baws .... i guess the GP would offer more variety and difference in that last slot over the RC or RG schumi ..... if they do an RB II in rose gold though you're going to have one hell of a choice to make ... imagine the pain :lol:

Jonnybaws

A very solid collection there Baws .... i guess the GP would offer more variety and difference in that last slot over the RC or RG schumi ..... if they do an RB II in rose gold though you're going to have one hell of a choice to make ... imagine the pain :lol:

Indeed... but you're already aware of that :giggle:

zSz

Is this for real? Where they selling with a 99% discount or something? Great collection! Im picking up a 44mm FC this sunday :D

Jonnybaws

Is this for real? Where they selling with a 99% discount or something? Great collection! Im picking up a 44mm FC this sunday :D

Wonders of Photoshop, box is empty, I've only got a Casio Calculator watch :giggle:

Poolsfinest

Ryan has RG Schumi on offer...

Sorry :)